Wilson LED conversions - multiple models and repair

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
RDT Car 25 said:
I'm definitely interested in the Talons. I have a pair of sync Talons's that I could use changed to red. Any idea on a price for them?

Speaking of Talons noted, what about the newer Avenger?

Would be cheaper for me to just change my R/B to amber over selling them and trying to find replacements.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
As far as the 400's I don't have one in my hand. I'm 95% sure by the pictures I'm able to convert but I'm not making any promises. Still haven't received any lights from anyone. Once I start getting some I will post pictures and more information.

gaden461

Feb 5, 2012
Danby New York
I am looking for 2 CON3 in blue to replace 2 red in my Wheelen Justice bar do you sell the outright or only have them sent to you to change colors? and if you do sell them outright what is your price thanks

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
This thread is not for the sale of an item it is for my services only.

Thankyou

Also anyone that ships me an item. Please include a note in the box with the contents. What you want done to each light. And your member ID so I can keep track easily.

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I need to sit-down at a computer and consolidate some of this info :screwy:

If you have burnt out sections in your heads I can fix that too! No need to put it in the box of parts never to see light again. Let it live! So dig through your boxes to keep me busy! Will post some more pictures soon!

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
First post updated with lots of new information. Consolidated info. And updated price list.

Also I've received lots of pm's but not a lot of product. Is there something specific people want to see me do? Send me a request and ill get it up!

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Just curious if you can swap out burned LEDs in the federal signal solaris heads as well. Heck I have a 53" legend that had a 6 head amber rear center section that I would like to swap out to red and blue.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I can't find much on them on the www. If you could send me a picture of a module I could give a better answer. If it is a module that uses star based leds I can do it as long as the contact points are accessable.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I'm taking the 400's off the list unless they are confirmed that they do not have the silicone under the optics. It would be squishy right around the led. If your model does not I'd be more than glad to work on it. I have confirmed I can populate those. So the guys with the dps heads; I can change the color, I can populate the heads, the silicone that secures the pieces together is nasty. If you want me to populate I will do this on a one person basis.

Thanks

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
the pics I posted above are of a DPS depopulated head, they appear to have a coating, around the leds, ( it seems to be harder than silicone but it does have some squish to it.)

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Shawn L said:
the pics I posted above are of a DPS depopulated head, they appear to have a coating, around the leds, ( it seems to be harder than silicone but it does have some squish to it.)

Reddany already sent me a few to look at. Your right its not exactly silicone but I assure you its squishy. I'm not sure if every 400 series head is that way. Whether the corners are set up like that or not. There's just about a 50% chance of cracking the backing when I get it apart. Then I have to deal with the whole board coated in it. If your not worried about the weatherability I'm willing to do a few. But the price per head is going up some too because it take about 30min a head just to open it up.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
UPDATE: 400's are on for color changes. I cannot populate. The circuitry is there, not the components. I will color change any 400 style light and corner modules. This includes freedom corners.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Mrlunchbox said:
Can you do Federal Signal Cuda's by chance?

They look close but I'm not 100% unless you send me a picture of the board and diodes. I'm more than willing to try. So if your willing to post a picture I could give you a definate answer.

Brian

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I will FINALLY be sending a package this week, some of which, if you can try them, are the Cuda LEDs. Also, Sound Off LED3s?

What's your email address to send pics directly?

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
wilsonbr90 said:
They look close but I'm not 100% unless you send me a picture of the board and diodes. I'm more than willing to try. So if your willing to post a picture I could give you a definate answer.
Brian

I don't have the Cuda yet but when I do I'll send it! Thank you!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Figured I'd just post pics for everyone to reference.

Sound Off LED3

PB070045.jpg

Fed Sig Cuda

PB070049.jpg

OP?? Can you do these?

PB070044.jpg

PB070046.jpg

PB070047.jpg

PB070048.jpg

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Fed signal cuda is a go!! I have no problem with those

I'm not sure how the optics sit on the sound off. If the led height on the cues isn't a problem for the soundoff optics then they are probably a go too.

Reactions: Rene Foppes

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
shipping is way cheaper if you pull the modules obviously. your paying shipping so its your call.

and come to find out i have a stash of sound off led3 at home. so im giving one a try. i did just swap a single diode in real quick and it does work. :thumbsup: will need to do some further work to confirm everything though. i will keep everyone posted

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Alrighty, just picked up a federal signal legend and am curios if that can be changed? The modules are part of one circuit board so I'm assuming they can't be removed individually. I guess I'll have to get you a pic?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Pictures help. I need to know what diodes they use. It should be able to be disassembled (how'd they make the bar?!)

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
wilsonbr90 said:
Led conversion, population, and replacement of burnt out diodes!

No more replacing a head after a section Burns out and either throwing away or putting it in a box never to be used again.

Change rank, job, state? Need to change colors too? Can't stand that you bought all those lights and now you got to spend another fortune and make new holes.

Reuse the lights you already have! You know how many hours they have and what condition they are in.

Colors are: Amber, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, White.

There is also a few special order colors non-warning specific. Pink for the ladies ;)

Many many brands/ manufactures use the same platform of LED's and I'm constantly finding new lights.

Whelen LED are guaranteed possible.

Many cheap China brand lights I can bring up the output of.

Pricelist for whelen lights

First off, Burnt out diode/section- $2 a module + $2 a diode

Avenger/ Dominators/ Talons with linear heads- $10 a module changed.

--500 series--

*depopulated lin6: must confirm they are star based Led's first. Ask me for more info*

TIR3/ CON3- $6

Lin4/ TIR4- $6

Lin6/ TIR6/ Linz6- $10

Lin8- $13

Linear corner- $16

Extended linear corner- $20

--400 series--

400 linear 6 over 6- $12 per line

400 linear 6 over 3- $12 for the 6, $7. For the 3.

400 corner module- standard- $14 per line

400 extended corner module- $20 per line

--600 series--

600 super-led- $12

--700 series--

700 super-led- $12

--900 series--

900 series super-led- $25

--MISC--

SPECTIR8-$12

Populating- $5 a line w/ same color

911ep 3 diode modules- tbd

as you see there are many possibilities.

Many people ask me what diodes I am using. I cannot say other than they come from a name brand warning light manufacturer near me.

I did a side by side test with a whelen tir6b(blue)

I changed the leds out in 1 module with new blue ones. The second module I left it whelen.

Results: color to the eyes was identical. The light output on the one I changed was actually 20-50lux brighter than the whelen's.

I personally use lights I changed on my pov

Split colors are capable in a single head also.

Red/amber and Blue/ white Tir6 with a clear non-optic lens does not get split fail at a distance.

Feel free to ask any question.

Payment will be PayPal. Shipping is determined by you. However you ship it to me is how you will receive it in return and whatever you pay for shipping is what the shipping fee will be.

Also I've received lots of pm's but not a lot of product. Is there something specific people want to see me do? Send me a request and ill get it up!

Ill guarantee the heads. If they fail ill replace it if its my fault.

Brian

Lin6 amber before

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_16_gubuqyhe.jpg

Lin6 split blue/amber

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_16_uvu9ede7.jpg

Whelen 700series amber before

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_16_e7apanuq.jpg

Whelen 700series full conversion to blue

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_16_ysezuza3.jpg

Note 700series super led use 6 diagnostic less that cannot be converted. But the output is minimal and gets washed out

Can you PM me for a few questions, I can't seem to PM you...

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
wilsonbr90 said:
UPDATE: 400's are on for color changes. I cannot populate. The circuitry is there, not the components. I will color change any 400 style light and corner modules. This includes freedom corners.

Does this mean that my 6 over 3 400s can have the colors changed, but not converted to 6 over 6 during the color change process?

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I don't mean to cast a cloud over what you're doing, but are you also adjusting the regulators? The regulators are calculated to the respective LEDs. As an example, changing them from amber to blue is not a huge problem as the amber's run off of a lower voltage/current. Blue to amber however will be a problem. The end result is what China does by over-driving their LEDs. They appear brighter, but will fail over time. Just looking to protect you, not hamper your services.

Tony

Reactions: Rene Foppes

reddanny

Jun 4, 2010
ny ny
He fixed my three bulbs that were out on my liberty corner module. Also on my 400 series the two bulbs that were out, fixed

He switched my blue over amber for wt/wt and looks amazing here are some pictures. All work great and are bright.

IMG-20131114-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20131114-WA0009.jpg

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Finally got a box sent. PM sent with instructions. Also put a sheet in the box.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Mrlunchbox said:
Ryan,

you didn't send along a solaris module to him by chance at all?
Yes, I sent 6 blue (I have an over abundance of blue) to change to amber. If you still want to do as we pm'd about to keep them factory, just let me know. Chief1565 left feedback today for our card swap.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.