Wooo-Hoooo !!!

GSPD

May 21, 2010
NY
So you're the one bidding against me! I figured as much. You got a good deal on those Bob! I headed over here right after the auction to see who was going to brag!!!!

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.

I wasn't actually bidding.

I had the starting bid that lasted for the duration of the auction untill there was about 4 hours left, Then I sniped them with Ebay's Auction Sniper.

I wasn't bragging (ok maybe a little), but now I will:

I also won the Signal Stat 377 "Hill Light" with the rare clear dome. A little pricey, but somebody else was bidding every 20 seconds. My competetor bid 16 times on that light...I sniped it :cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
A question on the Signal Stat 377. I'm not familiar with that model, but based on the lamp holder it appears that there is one lamp angled up at about 10 or 15 degrees, the other three are level, is this correct?

I think you got a steal on the S&M 757's.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
The Signal Stat 377 was designed as a "hill light" style beacon, with one bulb tilted up, and the opposite bulb tilted down.

The Deitz 211/711 "hill light", which looks very much like the Sig Stat 377, has just one bulb tilted up, and the other three are level.

I am sure that when the bulbs in this 377 were changed, they put the top back on wrong, which is why none of them look tilted. I think the offset top must be lined up correctly with the offset bottom for the bulbs to be angled up and down.

This light should have 7400 bulbs, instead of the 4416's that are in there.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
How about some better pictures once you get it? By the way, my Dietz 711 "hill light" has one bulb 45 degrees up tilt, the opposite bulb is 15 degrees down tilt.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
CFD125 said:
This light should have 7400 bulbs, instead of the 4416's that are in there.
The early Signal-Stat lights from the '70s, that this version belongs to, used 4416.

Signal-Stat changed to 7400 later.

I think that you can use which ever you want.

In the mounting instructions I have for other Signal-Stat lights they state both sealed beams as replacements.

I have a never used early Signal-Stat 350 with one Westinghouse 4416 and one GE 7400.

If this is a factory fault or if it has been replaced later I do not know.

By the way, if you need mounting feets for the S&M light, John Dorgan has new ones.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
My S&M 757 can lights arrived today.

They are 100% comlplete and dent free. These will be an easy restoration...glass bead blast, and powder coat.

The seller listed them as 24volt, but they had four 12volt amber 4412A GE bulbs in them, and all lit up when I applied power and ground.

This is my fourth set of can lights now, and every set had slight difference to them. These have a brass grounding bar that screws to the back of the bulb, then goes out to the side of the light and catches one of the bulb locator cutouts. Very unusual way to ground a bulb, but I have seen it before in the square style Yankee fog lights.

I'll get pic's up soon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.