Yankee? Arrow? Petersen?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Kerry, I believe it is N.A.S. as are the others. The Peterson that Skulldigger has is also, but an older version with subtle differences to the lens cage, and lenses.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
The Peterson doesn't have the holes beside the lens, they have a retaining spring on the inside. There is no identification on the lens as to who made it or size.

20151217_204237 (Medium).jpg 20151217_204301 (Medium).jpg

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
As previously stated, yours is an older version. The newer had subtle changes to the lens cage, as you described. Yours may also be old enough to have glass lenses instead of plastic. Still N.A.S.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Dan is absolutely correct and Dietz never made this version, even if they purchased Yankee, which I'm not completely sure about, either...

Mort

May 18, 2016
Phoenix
Dan is absolutely correct and Dietz never made this version, even if they purchased Yankee, which I'm not completely sure about, either...
Well I worked at Yankee from 1968 to 1983 when Dietz bought them out and moved them to Syracuse, NY Dietz closed due to a 3 year strike by the union on March 1, 1990

Mort

May 18, 2016
Phoenix
Huh.

So where did all the old parts, tooling and molds go?
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=when+did+RE+Dietz+purchased+Yankee+Metal+Products

Here is the link to the story in the Norwalk, CT paper.

Most of the tooling Dietz stupidly left behind, they didn't take much of it. We were all very upset because Yankee had some product Dietz didn't have. I was one of two sales people that got hired on at Dietz. I was the national sales Manager of the NAPA division from 86-90 when Dietz closed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.