z3 software?

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
I was just finishing up two vehicles that were already outiftted with code 3 systems. I had to change the batteries in both vehicles. I tested the first vehicle and finished up the remaining equipment for the install. Everything is good. When I was finishing up the second install the system will not work. No emergency lights at all. The controller is lighting up and looks like it is functioning properly. The Siren is working as well.

That being said I think something happened when the battery went in this one. I would like to check to make sure it still has a program in it. I do not have a distributor for this as we do not usually deal with code 3 products. Is there anyway to get this software so I can check this problem out? Thanks for any help!

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
The software only comes with the Z3, I don't think it can be downloaded. Even if the Z3 reverted to the default state, outputs would still activate. Sounds to me like the main power inputs have blown fuses. When switching the control head, can you hear relays activating in the amplifier? Where in VA are you?

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
Harrisonburg. After reading the troubleshooting manual and checking fuses (all fuses inside the amp are good) it seems that I’m not getting 12v to my inputs. I’m going to have to trace this stuff down and figure out why I lost it. Going to be fun. Whoever built this car did a crappy job. It’s a rats nest in here.

Also I called the guys at code 3 and they sent me a download link so I can check it, but as you said I don’t think that’s the problem. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: SafetyLighting

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
I just wanted to write a little update. I’m still not exactly sure what happened but what I found out is that that Siren amp went bad. Code 3 sent a brand new unit. once we put that new siren amp in all the lights started working. I know the vehicle was getting jump a lot because of a bad battery. So I don’t know If it went bad while we were jumping and replacing the battery or what happened but it was definitely in the amplifier.

Reactions: SafetyLighting
Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I have had a couple of the amp portions go bad over the years.

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
Good to know. I thought at first it was the controller because the black plastic housing the cat5 connects to pulled completely out(common problem on the older units) and the tech told me he was 100% sure there was a trace or pin broken because of this. I checked all the solder points etc and found everything to be perfectly fine there. I see they changed the controller up a bit in that area on this new unit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.