Car is being painted.. but what about my lights for the front?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
12-20-12 Its finished! Follow this link to the "My Installs" section to see before and after photos and video.

http://elightbars.org/forums/f34/crown-victoria-police-interceptor-k9-unit-complete-makeover-paint-lights-etc-pics-video-even-dog-41120/#post339334

NEW... NEW... NEW.... 10-24-2012

ok my car is in the paint shop getting converted to a black/white (delay was a budget issue and new budget is in), all lights, siren, tint, rainguards, K9 kennel etc is in and ready to be put on.

It will be a slicktop and I have a question, i have a dual predator II dashlight and a interior pinnacle with a 8 head ultra-lite (all this is all blue , pinnacle has takedowns) and a pair of the new Sound Off Nforce Nexus lights in Blue/White split.

Question, Do I put the Predator II on the dash and Ultra-Lite on top or bottom of pushbar or do i leave out the dashlight and put the Nforce lights mounted on top rail of pushbar and have them blue/white flashing and have takedown override hooked into my takedowns and mount the 8 head ultra-lite on the bottom bar or just say forget it and put it all on there??

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Apex on the roof, 2x Intersectors under the mirrors, 2x Predators side-facing on the bumper, 2x Ghosts forward-facing on the bumper, 2x hideaway strobes in the front corner turn signals, Ghost CHMSL on the rear deck. Find two more cars for the rest of the lights. No split flash patterns, mostly slow flash patterns with the exception of the side-facing Ghosts on the bumper - put them on a quick single-flash for intersection warning.

Comedy option: For normal emergency warning, use what I listed above - but put the rest of the lights on the car facing forward with only the worst fast wiggly split-flash patterns and only use them to terrorize anyone you suspect has been using hallucinogens.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
SLICK TOP:

x1 Sound Off Interior Pinnacle (all blue with takedowns)

x1 Dual B/B Talon (lower dash)

x1 911EP TD/WL 24 (blue, interior or exterior) *mount underneath top rail of pushbar*

x1 Sound Off Interior Pinnacle Rear Upper Deck (blue with Amber ends) *rear upper deck/top rear backglass*

Pair of Sound Off Intersectors (blue) *underneath side mirrors*

Pair of Sound Off Predator II rear deck CHSLM 3rd brake light (blue) *rear lower deck*

Pair of Sound Off Predator II flush mount lights (blue) *flush side of pushbar*

Pair of Sound Off Ghost (blue) *side rear windows*

x6 PAIRs of Sound Off Universal LED Haws's (6 white, 4 blue, 2 red) *2 white front corner, 2 white reverse, 2 red tailights* sync rear deck

x2 Federal Signal Dynamax Speakers *maybe mount on pushbar somewhere?)

Lightbar:

The same setup except take away the 2 interior upper pinnacles.. Maybe put the rear lower deck pinnacle? idk..

What about flush mounting the B/W ghost on mirrors and still using the intersectors??

opskmallory

Jun 14, 2010
Utah
x1 Sound Off Interior Pinnacle (all blue with takedowns) - Front Windshield

x1 Sound Off Interior Pinnacle Rear Upper Deck (blue with Amber ends) - Rear Windshield

Pair of Sound Off Predator II rear deck CHSLM 3rd brake light (blue) - Rear Deck

Pair of Sound Off Intersectors (blue) - Side Mirrors

Pair of Sound Off Predator II deck/grille lights (blue) - Front Grille

Pair of Sound Off Predator II flush mount lights (blue) - One on each side of push bumper

Pair of Sound Off Ghost flush mount (blue/white split) - One on each side of prisoner partition

x6 PAIRs of Sound Off Universal LED Haws's (6 white, 4 blue, 2 red) - Red in Brake Lights, 2 White in Reverse Lights, 2 White in Front Corner Lights, 2 Blue In Front Turn Signals

Sell everything else and buy your siren and rumbler. Should leave you w/ close to enough coin to do it.

360 coverage can be obtained with appropriate side lighting. Bumper Predators and Cage Ghosts, plus LHAWS in 4 corners should do you pretty well.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
opskmallory said:
x1 Sound Off Interior Pinnacle (all blue with takedowns) - Front Windshield

x1 Sound Off Interior Pinnacle Rear Upper Deck (blue with Amber ends) - Rear Windshield

Pair of Sound Off Predator II rear deck CHSLM 3rd brake light (blue) - Rear Deck

Pair of Sound Off Intersectors (blue) - Side Mirrors

Pair of Sound Off Predator II deck/grille lights (blue) - Front Grille

Pair of Sound Off Predator II flush mount lights (blue) - One on each side of push bumper

Pair of Sound Off Ghost flush mount (blue/white split) - One on each side of prisoner partition

x6 PAIRs of Sound Off Universal LED Haws's (6 white, 4 blue, 2 red) - Red in Brake Lights, 2 White in Reverse Lights, 2 White in Front Corner Lights, 2 Blue In Front Turn Signals

Sell everything else and buy your siren and rumbler. Should leave you w/ close to enough coin to do it.

360 coverage can be obtained with appropriate side lighting. Bumper Predators and Cage Ghosts, plus LHAWS in 4 corners should do you pretty well.

Quoted as this is pretty much exactly how I would do it. Only exception would be blue LHAWS in the reverse with those whites moved to the front. Oh, and sync the whole setup!

While not on the list, if you go the slick top route, add some KC lights for additional illumination then wire them to the wig wags with high beam over ride.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
And please please PLEASE remember that more isn't necessarily better and the slower the flash pattern, better the not-tweaking-out-every-single-driver-on-the-road due to a rolling disco.

Az_Medic

Mar 30, 2011
US AZ
Narco Interdiction = Slicktop

For the safety checkpoints I assume you will have other cars with you so they can cover the 360. Sell your other lights and get a k9 insert.

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
Ssems like a slicktop install would be good for you.

A full 360-degree suggestion:

Interior Pinnacle in the front windshield

Interior Pinnacle Rear Upper Deck in the rear window

Intersectors on mirrors

Ghosts in the grille

Predators mounted horisontally on cage or in rear sidewindows for sidewarning (NOT vertically)

Predators on side of push bumper for front intersection warning.

Red haws in brakelights and blue haws in reverselights, alternating on slow pattern.

No white to the rear!

White and/or blue haws in front corner lights.

Stay away from the turnsignals, since you aught to use them for communicating with oncomming traffic when responding!

Sell the rest to buy siren and other relevant safetygear! Especially the lightbar should bring some cash:)

If you mount anything more than this, you really should connect some lights to "night-off" or low-power switching, so you don't blind others in the dark!

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
So I have not seen anyone say anything about the 911EP 24 TD/WL mounted below the top rail of the pushbar... does this not look good to you guys?

Also every patrol car in this state I have seen has HAWs (white) in the reverse lights and thats why that thought came into mind. I had blue in my last car.

Here is a video of my last car.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
IMO:

Front:

Interior Pinnacle with takedowns

TDWL24 on Push Bumper

2 HAW LEDs in front corners W/W

2 HAW LEDs in front turn signals W/W

SIDE:

B/W split ghosts mounted to the side of the push bumper

B/B Ghosts in the side rear windows

B/B Intersectors under mirrors

Rear:

Interior Pinnacle UPPER deck B with A ends

4 HAW LEDs in tail lights, 2 R and 2 B

Predator II CHMSL B/B

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Roof bar, TD/WL24 on the push bumber, intersectors on the mirrors, predators on the push bumper side mounted, HAW: colored in the front turns and the 2 white in the reverse lights. IMHO=Perfect. Enjoy the install! Steve

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
For a siren, I'd either go with the SoundOff 380R (haven't played with one yet) or the new Star LCS850MG (new version is just now out). That one has PC programming for buttons combinations, etc... I installed mine on Friday.

Both will do dual tones.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Here's what I would do, assuming car is all black with white doors.

Front:

Sound Off Interior Pinnacle.

Pair of Sound Off Predator II deck/grille lights (blue) on the push bar

Pair of Sound Off Intersectors (blue) under the mirrors

2x blue led HAW in corner lights

If you can get away with not running all the strobes from the supply I'd run 1 pair in the front turn signals and another pair in the head lights.

Side:

Pair of Sound Off Predator II flush mount lights (blue) in the side window.

Pair of Sound Off Predator II flush mount lights (blue)on the pushbar facing the side.

Rear:

rear pinnacle.

Pair of Sound Off Predator II rear deck CHSLM 3rd brake light (blue)

2x red and 2x blue LED HAW in the backup lights, set up so they would be R/B----R/B and synced so they flash single colour. My local traffic squad does this and it looks good, and is effective.

If you need to use all outputs on the strobe pack run the last pair of strobes in the tail lights.

Oh and all synced naturally. I'd also have the strobes on a parkbrake kill, don't really need them when stopped and I find them distracting. If possible have a slower pattern when the car is stopped, better still kill everything but the HAWs when stopped, again so you don't distract other drivers yet still have warning that you are a LEO.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
fireman616wfd said:
These are my personal lights so no putting them on other cars.... haha

Then sell them. It's better to use a lightbar than rely on interior lights, and you don't need much more than that. Just to re-iterate:

nerdly_dood said:
Apex on the roof, 2x Intersectors under the mirrors, 2x Predators side-facing on the bumper, 2x Ghosts forward-facing on the bumper, 2x hideaway strobes in the front corner turn signals, Ghost CHMSL on the rear deck. Find two more cars for the rest of the lights. No split flash patterns, mostly slow flash patterns with with the exception of the side-facing Ghosts on the bumper - put them on a quick single-flash for intersection warning.

Comedy option: For normal emergency warning, use what I listed above - but put the rest of the lights on the car facing forward with only the worst fast wiggly split-flash patterns and only use them to terrorize anyone you suspect has been using hallucinogens.

Az_Medic

Mar 30, 2011
US AZ
fireman616wfd said:
So I have not seen anyone say anything about the 911EP 24 TD/WL mounted below the top rail of the pushbar... does this not look good to you guys?

Also every patrol car in this state I have seen has HAWs (white) in the reverse lights and thats why that thought came into mind. I had blue in my last car.

Here is a video of my last car.

Car looks great! I would only use one interior bar in the rear and set your flash pattern to a slow pattern for the rear.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
ryanm said:
For a siren, I'd either go with the SoundOff 380R (haven't played with one yet) or the new Star LCS850MG (new version is just now out). That one has PC programming for buttons combinations, etc... I installed mine on Friday.

Both will do dual tones.

I have considered the Sound Off 380R but I have not got to play with one (surprising) Just hearing it on one or two youtube videos I dont really like the sound of the wail and yelp. I am more of the normal ol FS or Whelen wail and yelp.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
fireman616wfd said:
I have considered the Sound Off 380R but I have not got to play with one (surprising) Just hearing it on one or two youtube videos I dont really like the sound of the wail and yelp. I am more of the normal ol FS or Whelen wail and yelp.

C2Installs on here had a video or 2 on youtube. I wasn't a major fan of the tones from the videos, though.

I loved the tones on my old Star SS741MG dual-tone, so the decision of the LCS850MG wasn't very hard to make.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
ryanm said:
C2Installs on here had a video or 2 on youtube. I wasn't a major fan of the tones from the videos, though.
I loved the tones on my old Star SS741MG dual-tone, so the decision of the LCS850MG wasn't very hard to make.

I do like the looks and sound of the Signal LCS850MG... might be what I go with. Problem is the car has a pro copper console (hence i dont really want to spend any of my money on another console) so I will have to figure out a mounting option for it.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
360SafetyGear said:
Since you are using it for highway, check-points, etc. I'd go for the bar option with all the other lights you have set up in your plans. Can't beat a full 360.
Pics when you get it!! :thumbsup:

This!! Lightbar > Slicktop

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
MEVS06 said:
Just use every single light you have on it hehehehe.... Do it!!!

and then post it in the "your install" section so we can argue over flash patterns, light head placement, light colors ,local laws, how hot your wife is, how you have too many/not enough lights, oh and last but not least about how everybody knows that everyone else is wrong with whatever they have to say..

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Thanks Everyone... alot of good stuff. Im just really hung up Over this right now mainly as I think I have gotten lighthead placement....

Slicktop or Lightbar? still im 60% slicktop and 40% bar.

Siren Speakers Mounted on pushbar or behind grille? Mount them underneath the pushbar rail or sit them on top on the PB rail. Seperate them or mount them together (idk if i can do that with the dynamax's)

fireman616wfd said:
Thanks Everyone... alot of good stuff. Im just really hung up Over this right now mainly as I think I have gotten lighthead placement....

Slicktop or Lightbar? still im 60% slicktop and 40% bar.

Siren Speakers Mounted on pushbar or behind grille? Mount them underneath the pushbar rail or sit them on top on the PB rail. Seperate them or mount them together (idk if i can do that with the dynamax's)

360 viz = safety, if this was a POV with minimal calls I'd say slick top. This is your office and it needs to be as safe as possible, your safety and life depend on it.

I'd say mount the speakers on the top of the mid rail on the PB, out front with no obstructions.

Just my two centavos :D

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
UPDATED 6-5-12

Ok folks so its going to be a slicktop.

Im having a hardtime with 2 things now...... #1 Placement of stuff on pushbar #2. Scene Lighting options/locations.

Pushbar: I have 2 dynamax speakers and a 8 head sound off ultra-lite. should i mount the speakers on the pushbar?? should I mount the 8 head ultra-lite on the PB or behind the grille? I was thinking speakers on the pushbar but didnt know where to put them/what would look the best and I want to mount the 8 head bar underneath the top bar of the Pushbar.

Scene Lighting: being a slicktop I would like to maybe add something extra but what would be effective and at what point does my pushbar start getting to much crap on it? I have not messed with the ghost rock lights or the mighty mite lights so suggestions and placement of them would be great or any other ideas. Also thought about a passenger side unity spotlight and tighten it down and leave it up and hook it to my takedowns (takedowns on the interior pinnacle) switch.

Will try to post pics tomorrow of the car with the pushbar on it.. its white but is about to be painted black/white.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Rigid duallys on pushbar and mighty lights on sides of pushbar. This is my setup and it rocks!

aimg.tapatalk.com_6b292a82_5864_0053.jpg

I would just put the speakers behind the grille. Mine can be heard very well.

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
put the speakers on the bottom of the PB, ultralite behind grill and get urself a pioneer and mount it on ur PB, can use as flood or warning thats what I had done and works great

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I like that but i get sound off cheap and staying with them... I dont have room on the side of my pushbar for the mighty lites and predators also so im just not using anything on the side besides my handheld spotlight.

Which is brighter? the duallys or the mighty lites?

NotNormalEnterprisesLLC said:
Rigid duallys on pushbar and mighty lights on sides of pushbar. This is my setup and it rocks!

aimg.tapatalk.com_6b292a82_5864_0053.jpg

I would just put the speakers behind the grille. Mine can be heard very well.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
zacmtz7 said:
put the speakers on the bottom of the PB, ultralite behind grill and get urself a pioneer and mount it on ur PB, can use as flood or warning thats what I had done and works great

Whew... your killing me with the pioneer haha its coming out of my pocket lol However I would love to have one but idk how that would really look on a car.

When you say mount the speakers on the bottom do you mean on top of the mid-rail or like below the mid-rail bar and mount one on each side?

I have thought about mounting it to the inside (the 8 head bar) but idk what kindoff obstruction the pushbar would be ..

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
fireman616wfd said:
I like that but i get sound off cheap and staying with them... I dont have room on the side of my pushbar for the mighty lites and predators also so im just not using anything on the side besides my handheld spotlight.

Which is brighter? the duallys or the mighty lites?

The duallys are brighter. I had a thread review of them not to long ago. pm me and Ill work up a special price... :thumbsup:

Edit: Found the thread... http://elightbars.org/forums/f15/rigid-dually-demo-31914/

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
fireman616wfd said:
Whew... your killing me with the pioneer haha its coming out of my pocket lol However I would love to have one but idk how that would really look on a car.

When you say mount the speakers on the bottom do you mean on top of the mid-rail or like below the mid-rail bar and mount one on each side?

I have thought about mounting it to the inside (the 8 head bar) but idk what kindoff obstruction the pushbar would be ..

Below mid-rail GA state patrol mounts the new vehicle speakers that way

I had the dual pioneer on the front of my charger look BA, u can get them for cheap on flea bay now

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
zacmtz7 said:
Below mid-rail GA state patrol mounts the new vehicle speakers that way

I had the dual pioneer on the front of my charger look BA, u can get them for cheap on flea bay now

got a picture? also how well did it do being that low to the ground as far as traffic stops?

Im just afraid I will lose alot on my 8 head bar if i put it behind the grille.

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
here is my crude drawing, I can't find pics. The pioneer wa sgreat gave more light then the fire trucks scene lights, the output lights up the whole inside of the car and occupants, even from the BP

Untitled.png

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
fireman616wfd said:
got a picture? also how well did it do being that low to the ground as far as traffic stops?

Im just afraid I will lose alot on my 8 head bar if i put it behind the grille.

Personally I would put the 8 head on the push bar if it will fit and speakers behind the grille. I dont notice much difference on a CVPI. if it was an impala it would be different.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.