Car is being painted.. but what about my lights for the front?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Here are two different GSP set ups (not my pics, BTW) with the speakers in different places

This is a trooper who added a bunch of stuff to his car Police Vehicles (#4241) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and this is a special anniversary edition where they told the up fitter to pretty much add every light they had Police Vehicles (#4244) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Personally, I would put the speakers on the bottom of the push bumper like in the 2nd pic, with one on each side, and the light on top of the mid bar. Only reason I wouldn't put the speakers behind the grill is IDK who much two would restrict the air flow. I also wouldn't put the light behind the grill because I don't think it's as bright.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Anyone want to buy some lights so I can afford a pioneer or some of these duallys??? :)

I just looked for a Pioneer on Ebay and didnt see anything.. I have to find a used one or noway I can even think about one.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
fireman616wfd said:
Anyone want to buy some lights so I can afford a pioneer or some of these duallys??? :)

I just looked for a Pioneer on Ebay and didnt see anything.. I have to find a used one or noway I can even think about one.

Seriously, the Duallys or D2s will work GREAT for what you're gonna be using them for. You don't need a Pioneer.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
yeah I'd love a set of dually d2's or a pioneer, but like you, i'm in the same boat $$$$ :(

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
NotNormalEnterprisesLLC said:
Ive never had a problem here in florida with mine.....

Ahh. Our CVPI's had the old bell style speakers that were stinking huge

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
why didn't someone tell me i had a double post?! wtf thanks guys lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Ive never had a problem here in florida with mine.....

ai1239.photobucket.com_albums_ff511_NotNormalEnterprisesLLC_IMG_0174.jpg

how long does your car run at idle? Mine can sit idling for hours and sometimes it starts to get a little warm. It doesn't overheat but it starts affecting the a/c and I can't risk that.

I was planning on them mounting mine like zacmtz7 with the rumbler behind the grill. I'd still like to find some cheaper pioneers or dually d2's to put on the front in front of the grill on the top of the cross bar but I am concerned about engine cooling.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Lol the guys at the shop joke with me because ill leave it running with a/c full blast planning on not staying and get to doing stuff and it will sit 3-4 hours before someone turns it off. Never had it overheat though.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
gezz... i guess mine just likes to run a little warm. She don't run too warm but the gauge creeps up a little and when it does the a/c doesn't blow as cold. Too critical for me to risk.

Love your vic though

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
ar6423 said:
gezz... i guess mine just likes to run a little warm. She don't run too warm but the gauge creeps up a little and when it does the a/c doesn't blow as cold. Too critical for me to risk.

Love your vic though

Hmm interesting. What year is yours? I'm a sales guy so I love my a/c its always full blast lol. Thanks for the comment on the vic

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Hmm interesting. What year is yours? I'm a sales guy so I love my a/c its always full blast lol. Thanks for the comment on the vic

2006... lol it's got a ROUGH 140k on her. But she runs like a champ otherwise. She's damn pretty. A little overboard/rediculous on some lights. About the only thing I'd do to her is a pair of pioneer's/d2's or the new feniex rocker panel lights if they ever come out cheap enough.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Jared @ 911Lights said:
If you want a PAR36 spotlight, go with the SVP, it is brighter (1,200 Lumens), about $20 cheaper, has a longer warranty (5 years vs. 3 years), and is made here in the US.

But honestly, you are going to be so much happier with the Dually, especially the D2, it really is worth it. I know both Jamey and I want to get more of their products on to emergency vehicles, I know he will give you a great deal.

-Jared

Sorry I meant the 4 inch flood light work lights to mount on the pushbar like the Duallys. I just cant swing the price for the D2s. They look great but I will have to settle with what I can afford.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
ar6423 said:

Love your vic though

CVPI or another make?

Never mind, I noted it's an '06 in another post.Need to keep the area between the AC condensor and the radiator clean. Our shop staff checks this on every 3k service, it's amazing the debris that can accumulate.

dcfrmp255

Nov 26, 2010
South Georgia
Here's how our Crown Vic's are set up. This one had an accident with a horse, that's the reason that the grille is off and the front is bent up. The TIR6's are really bright through the honeycomb grille.

VICLIGHTS.jpg

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I am wondering if I really need any Mighty Lites or not to mount on my side pushbar.. I dont know if i would really even use them since I have a spotlight. If so Flood or Spot???

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
only real "need" is to light up both sides instead of scanning the spot since you dont have a bar with alleys. Makes it nice looking for addresses but not getting alot of attention like the spot does.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Ok folks this should be the last questions I hope!

Look at the pics and tell me what you think, the idea popped in my head and I put it up there to see how it looked and was pleased with the look.

Sound Off 4 head ultra-lite mounted on the tag area lip or put a set of LED 3s with tag bracket?

If I do LED3s in blue on the tag then im going to put white LED HAWs in my reverse and red in my brake lights. If I do the 4 head ultra-lite should i still put HAWs in my reverse??

ALSO.... I have mirror intersectors and I had a set of flushmount predators to put on the side of my pushbar BUT now i ordered a set of the flushmount intersectors on my pushbar. Should I go all out and get the predator mirror mounts and mount them on my mirrors AND put the intersectors underneath my mirrors?

Here are the pics I took yesterday to kindoff show what the ultra-lite would look like mounted on tag:

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_1340670836284.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_1340670851084.jpg

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
fireman616wfd said:
Ok folks this should be the last questions I hope!

Look at the pics and tell me what you think, the idea popped in my head and I put it up there to see how it looked and was pleased with the look.

Sound Off 4 head ultra-lite mounted on the tag area lip or put a set of LED 3s with tag bracket?

If I do LED3s in blue on the tag then im going to put white LED HAWs in my reverse and red in my brake lights. If I do the 4 head ultra-lite should i still put HAWs in my reverse??

ALSO.... I have mirror intersectors and I had a set of flushmount predators to put on the side of my pushbar BUT now i ordered a set of the flushmount intersectors on my pushbar. Should I go all out and get the predator mirror mounts and mount them on my mirrors AND put the intersectors underneath my mirrors?

Here are the pics I took yesterday to kindoff show what the ultra-lite would look like mounted on tag:

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_1340670836284.jpg

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_fireman616wfd_1340670851084.jpg

come on, noone with an opinion on that? I know you guys have one.

Smebdysme1

Mar 9, 2012
USA, Florida
I've never seen a 4 head bar on a license plate, but that looks badass! I'm assuming the 4 head is blue? If so I would personally do clear HAWs in the reverse light if you end up going that route. Try it out, if it ends up being to much then just take it off. But I think it looks great!

dcfrmp255

Nov 26, 2010
South Georgia
Smebdysme1 said:
I've never seen a 4 head bar on a license plate, but that looks badass! I'm assuming the 4 head is blue? If so I would personally do clear HAWs in the reverse light if you end up going that route. Try it out, if it ends up being to much then just take it off. But I think it looks great!

Uh oh, be careful what you say, the "white to the rear" haters might jump you... :haha: :dielaugh: :popcorn: *sarcasm*

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Smebdysme1 said:

Yea its all blue...

It will have a lower rear deck pinnacle all blue with amber ends and that head head ultra-lite mounted on the tage with white led haws and red led haws i think is the setup im going with as long as the light there doesnt get scortched on here lol..

Now I need to figure out flash patterns and stuff for the rear bar, the 4 head and the HAWs (which will be synced of course)

Smebdysme1

Mar 9, 2012
USA, Florida
dcfrmp255 said:
Uh oh, be careful what you say, the "white to the rear" haters might jump you... :haha: :dielaugh: :popcorn: *sarcasm*

Some how I figured that would come up. Lol. I have yet to understand this "no clear to the rear " rule that alot of people talk about. All the LEOs I've seen down here in Florida run clear HAWs in the reverse lights. I've always thought it looked good. maybe someone could explain there reasoning sometime?

Anyway, back on topic. For the 4 head flash pattern and the HAWs to be synced. I'm thinking a split strobe like pattern on the bar and same for the HAWs. You could have the right half of the bar flash with the left HAW and left side of the bar the right HAW? Hope that paints a picture.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I say run what ya brung. It looks odd to me BUT, I'm sure that it will look BADASS lit up.

I personally don't care about white in the reverse. It is just not that big a deal to me... but then again I am from Florida like the above poster mentioned. I don't care for white anywhere else in the rear there. I think the only other option for the reverse lights would be an amber hideaway to give you some more amber.

I personally like your car. I say deck it out.

Smebdysme1

Mar 9, 2012
USA, Florida
Now that you mention it, amber would look good in the reverse area since he mentioned having amber in the back window. But I don't think that was on the list of HAWs? But good idea!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Smebdysme1 said:
Now that you mention it, amber would look good in the reverse area since he mentioned having amber in the back window. But I don't think that was on the list of HAWs? But good idea!

I would think he could trade some whites for ambers fairly easily. If not and he wanted to get off the sound off... he could buy some super cheap ones. might even be able to get LHA6000's for 20 each

Smebdysme1

Mar 9, 2012
USA, Florida
ar6423 said:
I would think he could trade some whites for ambers fairly easily. If not and he wanted to get off the sound off... he could buy some super cheap ones. might even be able to get LHA6000's for 20 each

Never herd of LHA6000s till now. I had to google to know what you were talking about. Haha. But true on the trade!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
oh lol... i just figured he had a soundoff connection.. didn't realize he was one... dammit :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

then he should be able to trade them out for amber.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
haha yea i sell sound off so I could get the amber easily but im just not sold on it... I would be the only patrol car in the state with amber in my reverse lights lol. I get enough hell around the department liking 2 amber lightheads in the rear or a TD bar in all amber in a lightbar so lord knows if i put amber in my reverse.

I cant sync the 4 head ultra-lite with the HAWs in my reverse and tailights would be the only problem with that...

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
Dont listen to them.

One I like white to the rear if it is one or two heads only, not lots. In the reverse lights is the prefect place.

As for the amber DO IT. I bet you anything take your car with amber, and one without. Park them next to each other in the day time, walk 500 feet away turn around, and the one with amber is what you will see over anything.

Blue LEDs are bright, but in the day time, I always have a hard time seeing blue over any other color. I think all emergency vehicles need amber in the rear. More so if they are in a state where blue is the primary warning color, like MS. I used to work in Arkansas. We were on the state line with MO. So we had Red and Blue bars. The county had all blue, state troopers all blue, and some cities near us had all blue. Troopers had some amber in the rear, and the amber can be seen LONG before the TIR6 Blue light heads in their liberties. We had Edge bars with red and blue to the front and rear with amber rear flashers. One bar had a Amber and Blue flasher and even the halogen amber drowned out the blue halogen flasher.

I would go with the four head, HAW in corners and the white in the reverse lights.

Smebdysme1

Mar 9, 2012
USA, Florida
PTRJason said:
Dont listen to them.

One I like white to the rear if it is one or two heads only, not lots. In the reverse lights is the prefect place.

As for the amber DO IT. I bet you anything take your car with amber, and one without. Park them next to each other in the day time, walk 500 feet away turn around, and the one with amber is what you will see over anything.

Blue LEDs are bright, but in the day time, I always have a hard time seeing blue over any other color. I think all emergency vehicles need amber in the rear. More so if they are in a state where blue is the primary warning color, like MS. I used to work in Arkansas. We were on the state line with MO. So we had Red and Blue bars. The county had all blue, state troopers all blue, and some cities near us had all blue. Troopers had some amber in the rear, and the amber can be seen LONG before the TIR6 Blue light heads in their liberties. We had Edge bars with red and blue to the front and rear with amber rear flashers. One bar had a Amber and Blue flasher and even the halogen amber drowned out the blue halogen flasher.

I would go with the four head, HAW in corners and the white in the reverse lights.

You are absolutely right about the blue during the day. Florida DOT runs all blue liberty bars with blue CHMSL talons and some have blue tir3s on the LP and even with all that you can barely notice it till your right on them.

And your right about syncing the bar and the HAWs, I didn't think about that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.