Who said fire trucks had to be red?

VFVFCo.68

Jun 15, 2010
Valley Forge, PA
Phillyrube said:
VFC, whats going on in Coatesville? Knew they were having issues with the paid chief and such against the volunteers.....

I couldn't tell ya, im in the northern part of the county away from the 'city' so i dont know what's going on down there.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Buddy of mine just started working for Springdale FD in Northwest Arkansas, these are the only two pics I have. The color is really starting to grow on me! Looks great in person.

ai989.photobucket.com_albums_af15_asp3760_2011_10_02123358_1.jpg

ai989.photobucket.com_albums_af15_asp3760_IMG_2124_1.jpg

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
cip said:
I was waiting for a picture of the medic.

I love all the yellow Pike Fire Vehicles.

Except for the mustard yellow, I love the pike graphics (something unique that's not just like the 3-4 standard NFPA reflective striping patterns).

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
afarm5.staticflickr.com_4027_4467708866_f0e8caac35_z.jpg

I'm sorry, but this black and white Engine makes my gentlemens bits tingle.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Ren12

Jun 13, 2012
SE Pennsylvania
I've always liked the Horsham Fire Company's color scheme. This is Horsham's 2004 Pierce Enforcer (1750/750) run as Squad 15. Horsham is located in Montgomery County right outside of Philadelphia, Pa.

(Pics are not mine and were found on various internet sites. Last pic courtesy of Ken Snyder - 1st Responder Broadcast Network)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Horshamfire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
I saw one go through for customer Jack Daniels distillery. It was a black engine and we surprised the buyer with gold plated hardware, pump panel and trim to match their black and gold product packaging. They loved it. Wish I had pics, sorry, weren't allowed. Unrelated note, watching the clean up crew at the plant collecting the scraps of gold leaf after each shift. They'd save it all year long and end up with maybe 1/2 a gram. Today's market, about five dollars, then, it was much le$$.

:bonk:

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
firedude said:
Nesquehonhing Hose Co

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8235_8501875172_ece6704104_z.jpg

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8508_8501872972_aac226202e_z.jpg

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8532_8500765095_b3f838ee9d_z.jpg[

I really like that flush Q2-b. I can't help but wonder if it's more tolerable in the cab that way or worse. I installed some bumper pedestal mounted Q's with an optional heavy steel/chromed shroud that looked like the flying nun's cap. It was supposed to bring down cab decibel levels. Only a couple in five years though. Probably expensive option and it looked like duke. One other thing if I may,..Those outriggers look dangerous. Do they not extend outward or was this done this way for space considerations on the show floor? The term outrigger is that for a reason. Stability. Jus' sayin....

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Torpedo said:
I saw one go through for customer Jack Daniels distillery. It was a black engine and we surprised the buyer with gold plated hardware, pump panel and trim to match their black and gold product packaging. They loved it. Wish I had pics, sorry, weren't allowed. Unrelated note, watching the clean up crew at the plant collecting the scraps of gold leaf after each shift. They'd save it all year long and end up with maybe 1/2 a gram. Today's market, about five dollars, then, it was much le$$.
These probably are not the truck you are referring to, but it's sure two of Jack Daniels!

ai920.photobucket.com_albums_ad42_Steve_Collins_JackDanielsFD_zps4e78bce7.jpg

ai920.photobucket.com_albums_ad42_Steve_Collins_JackDanielsFD1_zps97cee1da.jpg

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
proudfirefighter said:
Before I post pictures of my yellow trucks, here's this:
Why Lime-Yellow Fire Trucks Are Safer Than Red (Why Yellow Fire Trucks Are Safer from the American Psychological Association!)

Then here's the yellow trucks we have:

I'm actually missing a few of the photos that I meant to post as well. Hm. Time to go take more pictures of our trucks! :)

Is the old Dodge still in service? That's cool! :)

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
jph2 said:
Is the old Dodge still in service? That's cool! :)

Nope, not in service. Currently it has no brakes.. Kinda need brakes ;D

We're working on fixing up the brakes issue, and a few other things on it, hopefully getting it ready to be a parade vehicle.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Torpedo said:

I need to find the pics of the meet and greet we did there 4 years ago....

ai12.photobucket.com_albums_a227_olesmokeybbq_The_20Jack_2005_steveandmills.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ezjlaMHP1r11ixwo1_500.png

here's a model...

ai.ebayimg.com_00_s_NDgwWDY0MA___z_36kAAMXQhuVRMRum__24_KGrHqR__iYFDkQ4tJcUBRMRumgD_Q__60_35.JPG

and here's the ones people can see on the tours...

View attachment 51686

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
Steve0625 said:
These probably are not the truck you are referring to, but it's sure two of Jack Daniels!

ai920.photobucket.com_albums_ad42_Steve_Collins_JackDanielsFD_zps4e78bce7.jpg

ai920.photobucket.com_albums_ad42_Steve_Collins_JackDanielsFD1_zps97cee1da.jpg

I think the gold was just for a surprise at the reveal and was switched out to spec before delivery. The one I remember came through just as I left E-0ne in late '94 and if memory serves, was a Hurricane pumper by E-One but,...my memory, on a good day, is foggy.

Reactions: jmccarthy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.