2013 Dodge Charger Ideas

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Which HLF did you use? I might be converting mine now after seeing your videos.
I was using the SOS Solid State ISO-model HLF, which is what I was using with the factory bulbs, and I just switched the bulbs to the LED's without knowing for sure whether they would work or not. I actually even sent SOS an email asking if they knew if LED bulbs would work, and they said "probably not."

I'm currently typing this in a reply box on my phone so I can't see my previous messages and don't remember if I linked the exact bulbs I used, but I can add that after. They are LED bulbs from Amazon with built-in CANBUS malfunction eliminators.

And like I believe I did mention, the nighttime visibility from just using the high-beams as a high-beams will blow your freaking socks off

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Any issues with the way they fit in the housing? I think I'm going to pick up a set after seeing your review.
They fit very good. Not excellent. I feel like the stock bulbs had just barely a more "positive" grip when installed into the socket. I believe this is partially due to the design so that they can be rotated/adjusted to adjust the angle of the LED filement, as it's directional (but it doesn't matter for our style reflector).

I've seen some people mention they added a second o ring to make it tighter, but I didn't feel that it was necessary. So far, so good and they installed fine.

Hope that makes sense

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.