2003 Tahoe Fire POV

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
uploadfromtaptalk1400101408940.jpg

0514141553.jpg

My wife has been nagging about not having cup.holders when driving my truck so today I put the stock console back in. Now i have all my BOSE speakers working and sounding good and the wife gets her cup holder. (That will be filled with portable radios. Install of the radios and cencom is not complete yet but its getting there. The 295sl is in the cubby under the arm rest. On of these days i will update the equipment in and on the truck here on the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Isn't there something new on the roof? :D

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Oh, and happy birthday ya old fart!

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Looks good. My wife bought it off amazon for around 200 i think. Its a go rhino.

Love it almost looks like mine really wanna get the push bumper like yours

attachicon.gif
uploadfromtaptalk1401679508811.jpg

You need a build thread dude!!!

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
Might have to after this weekend.once i can get everything wired up and working even tho my back corner lights went out on my bar

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Awww it's adorable. I'm so glad to see that your speaker is STILL mounted sideways! :D

Reactions: Eric1249

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Easy trigger, I'm going to turn in the right way eventually. I don't have the right bracket so i have to pull that one off and drill some holes or something..... at least I didnt mount a radio to my dashboard....lol

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
That radio functions flawlessly, the speaker is pointed just right, and I'm able to operate it without taking my eyes off the road thank you very much!

Reactions: evfd4822

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Just sold the talons bout to mount 2 whacker inciter 4 s on in each rear barn door window. Also will be getting the stuff to make a no-splice headlight flasher thanks to the help of a few knowledgeable folks!!!

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Here is a video of the EX4s synced up the way they will be in the back of the Hoe. Eventually I am thinking of re wiring both the lights to each individual light head as a t/a. I am either going to get the T/A card for my cencom gold or the sho me t/a flasher with the little rotorary knob as I like the patterns.

http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/parkerff1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140610_220302.mp4.html '> http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/parkerff1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140610_220302.mp4.html

Reactions: strobecrazy

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
UPDATE: The Hoe is out of service for a a few weeks (Alternator). Of course this all hit when the wife's Honda needed tires, the registration taxes and fees needed paying, ect. So, needless to say it will be the end of the month before I can spare the money for the alternator. With that being said, I decided it is time to completely gut the inside of the tahoe and get everything rewired, this way I can cut down the lengths of extra wire I used to avoid from pulling the carpet. (NOTE I would have pulled the carpet to begin with but never had enough time to devote, Now I have like 4 weeks... )

Also. I am REALLY thinking about putting my split r/w T6s on the side of the PB, finding a solid color t6 or similar light with the same intensity, and syncing all the lower lights together using ULF44s. Also I have found that my whelen strobe pack has a Sync wire so I believe I can sync the rear strobes with everything else.

Of course I am also going to rewire the two Wacker Inciter 4 bars as a split T/A and locate a T/A card for the cencom gold. And add the no-cut/splice Head light flasher.

And eventually I will decide if I am going to get some 500s for the mirror beam covers I have or just sell them

Again, as of right now all the lights that are in the how will pretty much stay where they are, with the slow addition of thing as I have the spare cash. The wiring will be done as to accommodate the present set up with the ability to be upgraded to the final product(i.e.: Grill lights, extra siren speakers, the moving of the T6s to the pb, ect. ) eventually I will get video of the light configuration as it is now and can get some ideas of if I need to/how to move things around to get the most out of what I have, in addition of ideas of what I could get for to replace the rear t6s so I can move them and what kind of grill lights to get.

Oh and There will be another console being built, once again the schedule for that is

EVENTUALLY,lol.

Thanks for looking..

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
The sync input on your strobe power supply is to effect sync with other strobe power supplies with the same pattern. It won't work to sync strobes with LEDs.

As for the rest, life happens to us all in varying degrees. Sometimes time to think/plan is what we need most.

Love the idea of syncing up the (2) four head sticks into a t/a. I have two SNM E44s I was thinking of doing the same with.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Oddly enough, I MIGHT have an alternator for you. Checking now.

I've got the original alternator out of my 06 Silverado 1500. If that'll work, let me know!

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Oh, and Plastix, Plastix is the shit. I used it on my wife's headlights now they look like new--ish. The Liberty will be cleaned up and polished as well as everything else.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Can't detail a car with the cover on. I have enough lights, radios, antennas, electronics, either in/on the truck already or will be in the future that I want to get every wire laid and taped down properly.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
While I cant drive the truck yet, I started mocking up the quad bars. With a power supply I hooked one up, I am absolutely happy with how good it looks. Here is a teaser video, sorry its a night shot but I wanted to share.http://youtu.be/j2jt7k7bRnE

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Seriously, did you film this with a potato? The video quality is awful. That being said, the bar does look good there.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
The bar does look good. And no flashback. It butts right up to the window. I don't know why the video quality is so bad because it takes amazing pictures, It might be due to being night time and the light was extremely bright camera couldn't keep up.

Reactions: foxtrot5

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Mounted an AWL Venom, courtesy of Foxtrot5, upside down and backwards to make it work in the rear doors. With some tweeking they look pretty good. uploadfromtaptalk1405373301747.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405373312943.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405373322533.jpg

Video!

03 Tahoe POV rear lightbar: http://youtu.be/Su5S3Khojsw

Reactions: foxtrot5

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
you're welcome!

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Got the alternator installed, got a couple more wires to run then I can get the interior in. Hopefully by the end of the weekend It will be able to respond code.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Wiring done, seats installed. Now I just need to put the equipment under the seats hook it all up and put all the panels back in place. Should be done in another month......

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Tahoe 75% done,

Top: Whelen Liberty red

Rear sides: Whacker Inciter 4

Rear: AWL Venom all RED

Whelen UPS64LXA strobe pack, 2 strobes in the amber 2 in the red. Both Ambers flash together alternating with both Redsfor a better foot print of each color.

Still to come the front ot the truck will get 4 R/W cannons 2 R/W T6s and Whelen HLF (2120 or something like that)

Tahoe Fire POV setup 7.23.14: http://youtu.be/9eVH2T2h7aM

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Thank you sir. Still waiting for more from your install.
Indeed...  I couldn't do much since I had misplaced my heat gun...  But I've tracked it down and will be retrieving it later on today...  I'll also be getting some more supplies...  With any luck I'll get some work done on it on Friday...  

Reactions: FFParker

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.