2005 Ford F-150 - - FINAL UPDATE (being retired)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Marc M said:
Cool. Any chance you could shoot me a pic of it sometime?

yeah im gonna take them down again to paint them. ill get a pic then. (its gonna be a while, im moving into a new house on thurs)

im also working on a decent quality 360degree video

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Storm4200 said:
yeah im gonna take them down again to paint them. ill get a pic then. (its gonna be a while, im moving into a new house on thurs)

im also working on a decent quality 360degree video

Thanks. I hate moving.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
heres a new HD walk around video...

Dont mind the wind noise as i havnt figured out how to replace it with terrible music yet....

The front is set up to convey a sense of urgency while in mode 3, The ILS as with the intersection lights are set to a rapid,attention grabbing pattern. The Grill lights flash on a SigAlert75 pattern to show clear flashing from a distance. Mode 3 can be used with or without forward facing WHITE. Drop it down to Slide switch 2 for more of an 'on-scene' (theres a video of that a few posts above). The rear lights are intended to be clear, precise and easy to understand, without blinding the approaching traffic. Because the patterns are slow, theres a lot of 'On-time'. Theres also the equally important, but frequently forgotten, 'Off-time'. They profile the width of the vehicle and include "3 levels" of warning. The lights use a combination of TIR and LIN reflectors and have proven very effective at a distance as well as up close and off-axis.

The Tomars on the sides of the toolbox and sides of the push bumper wernt my first choice, but im very happy with them.

Let me know what you guys think...

Last edited by a moderator:

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I love everything about that truck, it looks great. The only thing I would change is the intersection lights. As mentioned earlier, a set of M4s would be perfect, or even some surface mount Intersectors :D

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
firefighter7017 said:
One of the best POV's ever. I love it.

wow im humbled. thank you!

make sure you guys watch this video in HD

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
the flashing Duallys are tied in with the flashing takedowns on the ILS, on the same push button.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
OK, the transition from RED/BLUE, to an ALL BLUE lighting set-up has reached completion.

All R/B lightheads have been changed to B only. The 2 LINz6s and the TIR3s are synced with the end pods of the TIR6 Traffic Advisor. The SS2000SM ground switches all of the TIR6s on the T/A. So i tied all of the grounds of the LINs and TIRs to the end pods on the Signal Master on the SmartSiren. So now the blues can only be activated if the two ends pods on the TA are flashing.

heres a video of some different rear patterns i can select on the fly, from the control head.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
so i currently have 90w clear strobes in the reverse lights. Im looking to replace them with Whelen LAWs so i can sync them with the rest of the lights. My question is: WHAT COLOR?

the strobes have their own push button on the SS. I like to activate them when i have the Amber T/A on to the rear, so i dont think i want to do them in blue.

i like the white to the rear as it contrasts nicely with the amber and blue, during the day, Not at night.

If i did them in RED, i could still run them to the rear with the ambers only.

If i did them in amber, it would look great with the blues on, or with just the amber on, however no contrasting 'pop' of a different color.

so what do you guys think?

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
The new Setup looks Great! You honestly have the best POV setup I've ever seen. In both looks, Functionality, and how well thought out it is. Awesome job! :thumbsup:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
FF/EMT-B HADEN said:
The new Setup looks Great! You honestly have the best POV setup I've ever seen. In both looks, Functionality, and how well thought out it is. Awesome job! :thumbsup:

well thank you sir. that means a lot. This board can be a tough crowd

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
Storm4200 said:
well thank you sir. that means a lot. This board can be a tough crowd

No problem! Btw, I think amber LAW's would look great in the reverse lights.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
FF/EMT-B HADEN said:
No problem! Btw, I think amber LAW's would look great in the reverse lights.

now that i think about it....i dont think i can use Whelen LAWs, because the way im ground switching them to flash, theyre not going to work with the power supply they come with. This means id have to use Vertex or something similar, which im reluctant to do...

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
Storm4200 said:
now that i think about it....i dont think i can use Whelen LAWs, because the way im ground switching them to flash, theyre not going to work with the power supply they come with. This means id have to use Vertex or something similar, which im reluctant to do...

Is that because the vertex are bit weak in output? I hear the Soundoff undercover LAW's are pretty nice, they're plenty bright, and they come with the 3 different lenses to spread the light best in Your specific taillight housing. If you're using a separate flasher you should be able to sync them with your current setup if I'm not mistaken. Food for thought. :)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
That's it exactly. The only hide a away LEDs that have ever impressed me, have been the LAWS.

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
Storm4200 said:
That's it exactly. The only hide a away LEDs that have ever impressed me, have been the LAWS.

Well I think the Soundoff Undercover's would fill out the small area of the reverse lights very nicely, Especially if you used the right lens. Might be worth a try!

Nov 7, 2011
New England
awesome!! i like the duallys as a simulated "HLF". I have a code 3 9led HAW in each of my high beam housing set on a simgle flash alternating just like that. works awesome.

The ILS is a sickeningly bright bar. My city's traffic cars have them.

Looks great!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I just tried to take a night video, but the ILS is so bright, the camera can't figure out what's going on

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I think u have enough amber to the rear (BTW very cool wiring job with how the blues flash on the center out mode).

I would either go with blue LAWs in the reverse lights (so you have a large, combined blue footprint from the toolbox down, which compliments the upper tier of amber) or, if u go with red, put them in the upper brake light housing (since it's larger than the reverse lights). Everything else is so nicely synced that I think you can honestly go with a pair of SOS LAWs in the reverse lights on their own pattern (without necessarily syncing them to the whelen lightheads); ie have the 2 blue undercovers in the reverse light housing flash simultaneously at their own rate.

For the rear toolbox, are those the same rect LEDs that you previously had on the sides, or are they additional lightheads?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
On the sides they are additional RECTs. I originally had the RECT14s on the front bumper, (and still do) and I came into a pair of RECT13 that are now on the sides of the tool box. (remember I had originally wanted LINZ6s there). The 13s may end up coming off, and going behind the grill on my wife's Audi (we shall see)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
NEW HD (1080p) Video that i just took in the park behind my house.

Suggestions? Changes? Thoughts?

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Storm4200 said:

The best POV I've seen. I'd like to see what the rear fast flash would look like on signal alert.

The only change I'd like to see is the side lighting. An M4 would be awesome on the side of the bumper, then put the grill light son the tool box and a pair of M6s on the brush guard :D

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Storm4200 said:

I would like to see the 4 rear blues on an x flash but other than that looks great! :thumbsup:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
hoisy71 said:
I would like to see the 4 rear blues on an x flash but other than that looks great! :thumbsup:

yeah, i think a X pattern will look better also. ill work on that..

as far as the M series light heads, i agree 100%. the Tomars that are on the sides of the PB and on the toolbox, have almost no off-axis.

what i really wanna do is:

M6s on front of push bumper

M4s or M2s on the Side of the PB

M7s on the rear of the tool box

and replace the TIR3s on the LP with the LINZ6s

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
acala91 said:
The best POV I've seen. I'd like to see what the rear fast flash would look like on signal alert.

im ground flashing the rear blues off of the SS2000SM's Signal master. So, when they're set to Sig Alert, they don't flash right. i tried it already.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Storm4200 said:
yeah, i think a X pattern will look better also. ill work on that..

as far as the M series light heads, i agree 100%. the Tomars that are on the sides of the PB and on the toolbox, have almost no off-axis.

what i really wanna do is:

M6s on front of push bumper

M4s or M2s on the Side of the PB

M7s on the rear of the tool box

and replace the TIR3s on the LP with the LINZ6s

This would be AWESOME!

Storm4200 said:
im ground flashing the rear blues off of the SS2000SM's Signal master. So, when they're set to Sig Alert, they don't flash right. i tried it already.

That stinks, but it still looks great as is.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
firefighter7017 said:
I'd like to see the side lights synced together, and the takedowns synced with the duallys. Other than that it's perfect!

ok, the sides are gonna be tough, because im ground flashing all of the rear blues off of the Signal master. If i sync the front intersection to the side, they would only be able to be turned on if the rear blues are on. But....wait a min...i just realized, theres never a time when im running "code" per-say, with the rear blues deactivated. So i might as well sync them, and the grills too. This will work! Now when responding, i can have every perimeter light flash 'fast', and then i can slow them down while on scene. Well, it will be able to essentially do anything that i can make the two end pods on the TA do.

OK, so Operation: Full Sync commences as soon as it stops snowing! (why didnt i think of this sooner?? :duh: )

now as for the Duallys, they are currently flashed off of a whelen HLF. I have NO IDEA how i would sync them to the ILS with the SIM box, or to the smart siren either. Well, while being able to retain the steady burn function also...

as for the TDs in the ILS, they flash with the pattern of the bar, i dont think they can flash independently. Does anyone know if they can??

Note: I have the steady burning TDs in the ILS wired to the highbeam switch. so while on dark rural roads, its one easy switch.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Storm4200 said:
ok, the sides are gonna be tough, because im ground flashing all of the rear blues off of the Signal master. If i sync the front intersection to the side, they would only be able to be turned on if the rear blues are on. But....wait a min...i just realized, theres never a time when im running "code" per-say, with the rear blues deactivated. So i might as well sync them, and the grills too. This will work! Now when responding, i can have every perimeter light flash 'fast', and then i can slow them down while on scene. Well, it will be able to essentially do anything that i can make the two end pods on the TA do.
OK, so Operation: Full Sync commences as soon as it stops snowing! (why didnt i think of this sooner?? :duh: )

now as for the Duallys, they are currently flashed off of a whelen HLF. I have NO IDEA how i would sync them to the ILS with the SIM box, or to the smart siren either. Well, while being able to retain the steady burn function also...

as for the TDs in the ILS, they flash with the pattern of the bar, i dont think they can flash independently. Does anyone know if they can??

Note: I have the steady burning TDs in the ILS wired to the highbeam switch. so while on dark rural roads, its one easy switch.

I didn't really mean sync per-say, even thought that would be awesome. I was implying that you change the pattern on the ILS TD's to be more similar to the duallys as opposed to the variable pattern that you have now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.