2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Sold 02-18)

WNYEVS

May 21, 2010
Brockport NY
I just purchased a CDM1250. I am looking to mount my radio in a similar way. Is this just the remote head surface mounted or is the entire radio in there.

Also, What did you use to extend the microphone?

Thanks, Carl

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Just found the thread. I've been wanting to find pictures of set-up WKs so I could suggest one as a replacement police vehicle. How do you like the spotlight mounted thru the door? At an agency I served prior with, we had this setup on an '04 Durango. It was awful as it eventually sprung the door and we had horrible wind noise. Does the smaller WK door have this issue?

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
kadetklapp said:
Just found the thread. I've been wanting to find pictures of set-up WKs so I could suggest one as a replacement police vehicle. How do you like the spotlight mounted thru the door? At an agency I served prior with, we had this setup on an '04 Durango. It was awful as it eventually sprung the door and we had horrible wind noise. Does the smaller WK door have this issue?

I have not had any issues at all and the vehicle does a good job blocking out any wind noise. I will say that it is annoying to have the spotlight move when you open the door, but I guess it comes with the territory. Shoot me your email and I will send you some pictures I got from a university in Florida that is actually using them as police vehicles.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
andrewsim said:
I have not had any issues at all and the vehicle does a good job blocking out any wind noise. I will say that it is annoying to have the spotlight move when you open the door, but I guess it comes with the territory. Shoot me your email and I will send you some pictures I got from a university in Florida that is actually using them as police vehicles.

Excellent, thank you.

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
Glad this thread popped back up- I was wondering what kind of troubles you may have had with this install. I am looking to buy a new vehicle and now it is down to a 2011 Laredo or a 2011 Tahoe. Gauging the problems I may run into.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
EMT said:
Glad this thread popped back up- I was wondering what kind of troubles you may have had with this install. I am looking to buy a new vehicle and now it is down to a 2011 Laredo or a 2011 Tahoe. Gauging the problems I may run into.

It is a Jeep so there were definitely some hurdles to overcome but those were only in the equipment location department. I had no problems that I can think of other than having to purchase a Fortin Immobilizer Bypass interface to get the secure idle to operate properly. Anything can be overcome with a little thought. I bought the Jeep because I loved what it looked like, then I got to making it work. Good luck!

jbjlc

Jan 21, 2012
NewYork
I have a 04 jeep grand cherokee, and I want to put some lights on my side mirrors, and a external light multi color arrow stick on the roof of my jeep. you have any ideas?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
love the install man!! i'd be worried about hitting the CDM where it is, but nice and slick...

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
jbjlc said:
I have a 04 jeep grand cherokee, and I want to put some lights on my side mirrors, and a external light multi color arrow stick on the roof of my jeep. you have any ideas?

Not too sure, They are really different so I'm not exactly sure what would work...

lafd55 said:
love the install man!! i'd be worried about hitting the CDM where it is, but nice and slick...

I was worried about the same thing but actually it is enough out of the way that I have never hit, granted i'm 5'9"ish.

5309 said:
any videos of the vehicle walk around with lights would be great!

I will see what I can do. I need to add a flasher to something I recently added then I will add an updated video.

mkoons532

Apr 11, 2012
New Jersey
Hey, loving the install great job. Was wondering how much the vinyl tint affected the brightness of the lights in the back, love the idea just want to know if there are any drawbacks?

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
mkoons532 said:
Hey, loving the install great job. Was wondering how much the vinyl tint affected the brightness of the lights in the back, love the idea just want to know if there are any drawbacks?

Well... the tint wasn't a huge deal, but I did end up removing it as I preferred the brighter lights to the cooler look when off, as being low profile wasn't the biggest priority. It was probably a little brighter than if I had shot through the factory tint (20%-25%ish)

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
I dont see how I missed this install last year. Looks awesome. I like the decal choice. I put these on a couple weeks ago. My WK2 is green (appears black a lot of the time).

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj10_Jackal_v01_Jeep_IMAG0627.jpg

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
Added ground lighting, connected to the interior lights so it comes on with the doors open. It only lights up the sides and rear and is white only. Will grab some pictures tomorrow of the alley lights and I'll get a 360 degree video tomorrow.

ai92.photobucket.com_albums_l9_andrewsim2003_Jeep_20WK_th_IMG_1774.jpgai92.photobucket.com_albums_l9_andrewsim2003_Jeep_20WK_th_IMG_1771.jpgai92.photobucket.com_albums_l9_andrewsim2003_Jeep_20WK_th_IMG_1769.jpg

PS. It is dirty as usual, and as usual, my apologies.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I'd prefer a different pattern for the rear bar to increase the visible size of the lights, but that's a pretty minor concern with this one and the rest of it is excellent. :thumbsup:

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
mkoons532 said:
Hey do you have any pics/description of the mount for the two M4s in the grille? Did you make it or buy one?

awww.screwmaster.co.uk_ekmps_shops_screwmaster_images_angle_pl0d621f885291c44d4aabd3d6090f688e.jpg

Primed and Painted black. Screwed one side to the top radiator support and bolted the M4s to the other side.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Looks sharp. Love the black on black.

I am interested in the ground lighting as well. What did you use and how did you install it? I been thinking about doing the same thing.

I need to get one of those flags as well

I skipped over a few of the comments in the begining. This site is about lights/sirens. Isn't that why we all come here?

NYBLS

Oct 13, 2010
NY,USA
How well do the soundoff lights in the side windows work for ally lights? They are kind of far back on the car, so I'm wondering their effectiveness.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
NYBLS said:
How well do the soundoff lights in the side windows work for ally lights? They are kind of far back on the car, so I'm wondering their effectiveness.

I really just use them to flash for additional side warning. They can go steady but I have not had a need to try them out yet. Just messing around with them they seemed fine. They seem to sit back just as far as ligthbar would on a car.

Eric1249 said:
I am interested in the ground lighting as well. What did you use and how did you install it? I been thinking about doing the same thing.

I went cheap on them. The kit required a lot of work to be brought up to my standards though.

4pc WHITE SLIMLINE LED UNDERBODY UNDER GLOW LIGHT KIT | eBay

Eric1249 said:
I skipped over a few of the comments in the begining. This site is about lights/sirens. Isn't that why we all come here?

Agreed. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.