2011 Crown Victoria LX "old school"

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
I meant the first generation with flat, non-fluted lenses. I remember they were interchangeable with another Whelen strob device, just can't figure out that which one... :(

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
just take one of the red lenses off.

...viola!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
TheGatekeeper said:
I meant the first generation with flat, non-fluted lenses. I remember they were interchangeable with another Whelen strob device, just can't figure out that which one... :(

The Dashmiser uses the same 500 Series lenses IIRC.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Video of the rear R/A and A/R firebeams.

Both are set on the slower rotation. This was filmed at around 1400 with sun shining overhead through some light tree cover. I was unable to back up any further due to a fence. I'll try to get some "down the road" shots later on.

I tried a video of the front, but my potato was unable to capture pretty much all of the strobe flashes.

Oh, and a few notes:

1) my plate is a lot of fun around tax season!

2) the van that drives by at around 1:20 is only one of many reasons I don't like where I live...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i think it looks great!!! Needs a Traffic Backer

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Storm4200 said:
i think it looks great!!! Needs a Traffic Backer

I'm thinking of doing a set of HAWs and a traffic backer then picking which one I want.

My concern with a traffic backer and HLF is that EVERYTHING is controlled from the cars computer as far as I can tell and I don't want to mess with that...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Do HAWs up front, traffic backer in the rear for sure!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Storm4200 said:
Do HAWs up front, traffic backer in the rear for sure!

I like the idea of having both and being able to choose. Just makes it easier for me. As far as HAWs go, I'm seriously considering cheating a little and getting some Feniex Cannons for it based on all the good things I've heard.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
foxtrot5 said:
I like the idea of having both and being able to choose. Just makes it easier for me. As far as HAWs go, I'm seriously considering cheating a little and getting some Feniex Cannons for it based on all the good things I've heard.

dont you dare!!!!! :no:

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Thanks for the vid...

The fence is not the problem, but you shouldve kneeled down a bit instead of filming standing up. The multimirrors maximum visual impact is on a plane level with the eye, as if you were a motorist sitting in his car ... But that"s ok, you got it 15 sec before the end !! :)

Hey, very neat set up... I had mine at the 150 fpm speed, which gave quite an impressive light show with the mirrors, if I recall well, of 1150 fpm.

BTW, what's wrong with the van ?

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
foxtrot5 said:
If I could somehow find/make 2 R/A Firebeams I would totally do that. Have one set with red facing the mirror and the other with the amber facing it.

I LOVE THIS!! I ran two firebeams with mirrors on my rear deck for a long time. VERY effective light output and very simple to mount.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
foxtrot5 said:

Noooooo!!!!!!!!

This car is begging for strobe HAWs; I love how they look in a CV. They are way more effective than LAWs on the CV tail lights and especially the front marker lights.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
TheGatekeeper said:
Thanks for the vid...
The fence is not the problem, but you shouldve kneeled down a bit instead of filming standing up. The multimirrors maximum visual impact is on a plane level with the eye, as if you were a motorist sitting in his car ... But that"s ok, you got it 15 sec before the end !! :)

Hey, very neat set up... I had mine at the 150 fpm speed, which gave quite an impressive light show with the mirrors, if I recall well, of 1150 fpm.

BTW, what's wrong with the van ?

I'm one of the only white people left in my neighborhood. I'm constantly watching out for my POVs as I've heard many references to "fucking up that cop car parked out front" when in fact they're talking about my car. I'd venture a guess that about 50% of my neighbors are reciving government aid of some kind or another yet most of the cars have big rims and booming stereos. We've had several assaults, stabbings, and shootings in my area. Last year a building 2 away from my own was leveled by an exploding meth lab. Meth lab found in deadly Goose Creek apartment fire - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

I'm thinking it's time to move now that I've got a kid and with a little luck I'll be driving a "real" police car soon.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
So, getting back on topic. I've got some PAR36 strobe grill lights that I want to put in, but the only place they'll fit is more or less directly in front of the SA314's. Will this substantially reduce my siren output?

Also, I've got 2x dual dashmisers with only 1 z-bracket each. Is this enough to support them? If so, I'm thinking of putting them vertically along the B post in the back window. My other thought was horizontal along the upper portion of the back window. What do you guys think?

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
You could make some brackets for them and horizontal would look better and the grille lights shouldn't hurt the siren a lot of cars the speaker is right behind the bumper

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
Setup looks good as is . I would not add anything else. I went for years with no more than a teardrop, and still only use a single dashlight. given I do live in a rural area without alot of cross traffic.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
rick h. said:
Setup looks good as is . I would not add anything else. I went for years with no more than a teardrop, and still only use a single dashlight. given I do live in a rural area without alot of cross traffic.

As much as I wish I could get away with that... I simply have too much cross traffic at times to make it safe. Plus I'll be moving soon and that move will alter my response to include this wonderful intersection: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=st.+james+ave+%26+goose+creek+blvd&hl=en&sll=33.624497,-80.926614&sspn=5.140339,10.821533&t=h&hnear=N+Goose+Creek+Blvd+%26+St+James+Ave,+Goose+Creek,+Berkeley,+South+Carolina+29445&z=16 so I'm gonna need some more intersection coverage, and probably a lot of it!

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
That intersection lOOks dangerous even if driven through while not responding. PBC!

pleasebecareful

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
foxtrot5 said:
Plus I'll be moving soon and that move will alter my response to include this wonderful intersection: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=st.+james+ave+%26+goose+creek+blvd&hl=en&sll=33.624497,-80.926614&sspn=5.140339,10.821533&t=h&hnear=N+Goose+Creek+Blvd+%26+St+James+Ave,+Goose+Creek,+Berkeley,+South+Carolina+29445&z=16 so I'm gonna need some more intersection coverage, and probably a lot of it!

Eff that noise... lol

I think since this is your "old school" build, you should put the 28 in this... Or get another 28 to put in this... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
NBfirefighter3024 said:
I cant wait to see this all done! lookin good so far.

An install is never truly "done" just left alone for a while.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
so, did you ever space out the rear firebeams properly? You know what I am talking about... :nono:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
unlisted said:
so, did you ever space out the rear firebeams properly? You know what I am talking about... :nono:

No, they're in the same spot as you see, but I did change the lenses around so the passenger side is all amber and the driver's side is all red.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
foxtrot5 said:
No, they're in the same spot as you see, but I did change the lenses around so the passenger side is all amber and the driver's side is all red.

you need to get a ruler and space them out evenly in the back window. the right one appears to be closer to the chmsl compared to the one on the left.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
unlisted said:
you need to get a ruler and space them out evenly in the back window. the right one appears to be closer to the chmsl compared to the one on the left.

Its not an "appearance"... It is closer... lol You should put them as far outward as they can go... lol

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
unlisted said:

TritonBoulder47 said:
Its not an "appearance"... It is closer... lol You should put them as far outward as they can go... lol

They're both in the only "level" spots on the back deck. Anywhere else and they're either warning my trunk lid or aircraft...

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
foxtrot5 said:
They're both in the only "level" spots on the back deck. Anywhere else and they're either warning my trunk lid or aircraft...

yea cause mounting plates are REALLY hard to fabricate :weird:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
TritonBoulder47 said:
Especially since the make mount brackets that mount to the "tie-downs" on the rear deck... lol :p

I hate both of you. :razz:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.