2011 Dodge Durango Citadel ***Updated - 06/5/17 ***

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Updated Post!!! Click Here!!!

Even though the actual build is a little ways off yet, I figured I'd start a new thread and post what my plans are (at the moment anyway)

So, here's the new ride... A 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel, AWD, HEMI, and LOADED to the gills with features (I'm fairly certain its got every feature... lol)

20140619_093916.jpg

20140619_093903.jpg

20140619_093849.jpg

20140619_093933.jpg

20140619_093944.jpg

20140620_112835.jpg

20140620_112916.jpg

20140620_113423.jpg

20140620_113713.jpg

My plans are to do a COMPLETE Feniex build... Front and rear Interior Bars, Grill Lights, Rocker Kit, Apollos, Cannons, Cobras, the works...

Here are my plans as of right now (these may or may not change)

Durango Front Warning.jpg

Durango Rear Warning.jpg

Durango Side Warning Alternate 3.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Looks good but I would go with the Apollo visor over the Pegasus. What did you you for drawing your layout?
I thought about the Apollo, but my windshield is tinted (and I don't mean factory tint strip, I mean the WHOLE windshield) so I want the TIR optics so it punches through good...  

All I used for my drawings was searched on Google for a blueprint...  Then I just used paint to put basic colors/shapes in...

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Ya true about the tint. Another thing you could do is in the grill use the dual t6 flange with a solid blue and a solid white, sync it up where it dose all blue at one time and then all white.

Also for your cargo area get some of the axcess led compartment tube lights the are bright cheap and made here in the usa.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Ya true about the tint. Another thing you could do is in the grill use the dual t6 flange with a solid blue and a solid white, sync it up where it dose all blue at one time and then all white.

Also for your cargo area get some of the axcess led compartment tube lights the are bright cheap and made here in the usa.
No can do...  Responders in PA cant run white...  The HLF is just a S&Gs kinda thing, I can't actually use it while responding...

This is going to be awesome
Indeed...  I can't wait to get it started...  lol

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I like the plan, although i'm not a big fan of the rocker panels.  Looking forward to seeing the new build progress.  Are you going to use the 4200 to control it?

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I like it Timmay!!! 

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
What percentage is your windshield tinted? I had mine done at 50%. Not sure if its to light or to dark.  Your windshield looks good with the rest of the car!
I have no clue...  It was done by the vehicles previous owner...  I think its around 35%, cause its not as dark as the front doors and I'm fairly certain they are 20%

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
We did a full Pegasus instead of the split and it came out awesome I wish I had grabbed some pictures but it was way easier than the split one we did a week before

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
How are you going to mount the Titan to the grill?
I'm not 100% sure yet...  lol  

We did a full Pegasus instead of the split and it came out awesome I wish I had grabbed some pictures but it was way easier than the split one we did a week before
With the integrated camera and high beam sensor that is in the base for the RVM, the center modules would be blocked using a full Pegasus...  

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Apollo > Pegasus. I just installed 2 of them. Just the dual color alone is worth it.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Apollo > Pegasus. I just installed 2 of them. Just the dual color alone is worth it.
Do you people not read...?  Again I will state that i doubt the Apollo will do good behind my tinted windshield...  lol

Looks good. Very glad you are going to be keeping it slick top.
Thanks...  I'm still debating throwing a Cobra mini on the roof just to appease the 360 law better...  But i'm not certain yet...  lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I read about the tinted windshield. I still vote Apollo.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I read about the tinted windshield. I still vote Apollo.
Ehh, I'm not really needing/wanting the dual color capability...  i have a Titan going in the grill for any white light to the front I'll need...  I may even put my custom T-300s in the lower grill too...  lol

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
My plans are to do a COMPLETE Feniex build... Front and rear Interior Bars, Grill Lights, Rocker Kit, Apollos, Cannons, Cobras, the works...

Here are my plans as of right now (these may or may not change)

Durango Front Warning.jpg

Durango Rear Warning.jpg

Durango Side Warning Alternate 3.jpg
Looks good, but why shifting from whelen to all feniex?

For the rear, I'm not a fan of having a T6 mounted to the TA b/c IMO the TA will drown out the blue T6s. Have you considered having a BBAAAABB setup with the lightstick? Also, I prob would've used cannons in the rear (instead of Apollo) and used apollos on the front mirrors (instead of T6). Looking forward to version 1/13939 of the new citadel (since I know u and Eric have mad ADD and like to change your setups every week lol).

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Looks good, but why shifting from whelen to all feniex?

For the rear, I'm not a fan of having a T6 mounted to the TA b/c IMO the TA will drown out the blue T6s. Have you considered having a BBAAAABB setup with the lightstick? Also, I prob would've used cannons in the rear (instead of Apollo) and used apollos on the front mirrors (instead of T6). Looking forward to version 1/13939 of the new citadel (since I know u and Eric have mad ADD and like to change your setups every week lol).
Just felt like it was time for a change...  And like I said, these are the plans as of right now...  I'm probably gonna change some things around...  

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I think you would end up with a better overall setup using multiple brands instead off all Feniex. For example I think some Whelen PAR28s in the fogs synced with two grill lights would be more effective than four dual T6s. 

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I think you would end up with a better overall setup using multiple brands instead off all Feniex. For example I think some Whelen PAR28s in the fogs synced with two grill lights would be more effective than four dual T6s. 
If I didn't have fog lights, I might have went that route...  But since I have fogs, I don't want to lose them...  I'm still not sure if I'm going to put a set of Cannons/Luminex's in them or not...  

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I think you should go back to the M7s on the grill.  I'd throw them on the rear hatch too instead of the 4 T6s.  Meh, just my $0.02.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Thanks...  I'm still debating throwing a Cobra mini on the roof just to appease the 360 law better...  But i'm not certain yet...  lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why bother with the 360 law if the rest doesn't pass in PA. Well depends who u ask anyway LOL. Just trying to stir the muddy pot! Carry on with the good looking plans.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Did you ever think of making a custom Apollo rocker panel...6 per side evenly spaced mounted to a continuous piece of thin black angle iron? This would be more effective with linear style lights vs the tir style leds in the Cobras. More cost effective a well!

Also,  mount the side warning light in the rear passenger door windows horizontally for a larger warning footprint ( make this an Apollo as  well synced with running board lights).

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I have to agree with this, though it seems that it's a rare thing these days to see anyone who actually does stick to the strict letter of the blue light laws here. Around my area, there are a lot of folks who just use dash lights or internal bars- almost none meet the roof-mount, 360 degree requirement.

Looks good though. Carry on.

Why bother with the 360 law if the rest doesn't pass in PA. Well depends who u ask anyway LOL. Just trying to stir the muddy pot! Carry on with the good looking plans.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Like it a lot.

Did I read the front grill right, is that (4) DBL T-6s, or just 4 T6s?

Crip
Yes, 4 Dual T-6s, as in 8 T-6s...

Did you ever think of making a custom Apollo rocker panel...6 per side evenly spaced mounted to a continuous piece of thin black angle iron? This would be more effective with linear style lights vs the tir style leds in the Cobras. More cost effective a well!

Also,  mount the side warning light in the rear passenger door windows horizontally for a larger warning footprint ( make this an Apollo as  well synced with running board lights).
Like I've said, its all a work in process...  This is most likely in no way the final plan...  lol

And with the Apollos in the glass, thats gonna be a no...  I want the punch that a TIR-optic head will have to get through my tint...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
You gonna give me the money...?  lol  Either that or buy stuff in my for sale thread...  lol  I gotta sell the stuff I have before I buy the stuff I want...  lol

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Like I've said, its all a work in process...  This is most likely in no way the final plan...  lol

And with the Apollos in the glass, thats gonna be a no...  I want the punch that a TIR-optic head will have to get through my tint...

That's why you mount the Apollo horizontally at the headliner and then you can roll your window slightly down for maximum warning output...

By mounting the light vertically....you will only get minimal warning from a light that is behind tint...just trying to get the most bang for your buck for ya!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.