2011 Dodge Durango Citadel ***Updated - 06/5/17 ***

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I dont want to sound like a whacker poser cop but to tell you the truth im trying to look like the local sheriff's office investigators units. They drive the same style truck sometimes extended cab some times crew cab  some times single cab and they look like my set up LOL.

They sometimes pass me up on the road and wave at me and think im one of them but im actually a sneeky mexican guy with lights and stuff.
Always a wanna-be...  Damn Mexican Mall Cop...  lol

Well at least you are a cop that wants to be an investigator, not a security guard that wants to be a cop. Just sayin.
HAHAHA

Other then giving my input like I did, I would like to see it when its done. 
Once I start getting stuff, I'll be updating this thread...  BUT, I have to sell my current stock of stuff before I can buy the new stuff...

Reactions: FireMedic19
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
No thanks, I got my Whelen L32 that I'm using...  I tried to put a minibar on the Durango for use for now, but that didnt work out...  

First I tried to convert my Amber CON-3 responder to a Blue TIR-6s Responder, but that didn't work...  The heatsink on the TIR-6s doesn't allow for the mounts to be secured...  

Second I tried putting my 22" Mini Liberty on the roof, but the ridges on the roof don't allow for the mags to sir on the roof flush...

So I put my L32 on the driver's side of the Sunroof and put my LED DashKing on the dash...  I'd like to find a Dual Talon/Avenger for it, but I'll just use what I have...  lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well I put a mini bar on the Durango for now until I can start buying my new stuff...  

I took the LED Responder I had and made it 5/6 blue...  lol  I only had 2 blue heads laying around, so the rear is Blue/Amber...  lol

Plus I put my LED DashKing in the windshield just for that little extra...  

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
holy crap.... awesome coverage of the tornado in the video... sustain any damage?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
A LEGIT UPDATE!!!  LoL

Today I put in solid work on the Durango...  Nothing is wired up, but its all mounted and wires are run up to the top of passengers side fender.

Here's what I got done today:

- Mounting surface for the upper grill lights made and painted.

- Mounting surface for the lower grill lights made and painted. 

- Upper grill lights (Feniex T-6s) mounted and wires run to the top of fender.

- Lower grill lights (Feniex T-6s) mounted and wires run to the top of fender.

- Whelen connected to the headlights and wires/flasher run to top of fender.

- New halogen high beams installed.

- Custom Feniex Titan T-300s Mounted and wired run to top of fender.

And here are some pics...  No vids of the lights, other than a quick vid of the HLF.  I'm still trying to decide where to mount my ULF-44 that will run my grill lights and mirror lights.

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Durango_20Citadel_20140725_145752_zpsddumsa8r.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Durango_20Citadel_20140725_170201_zpsd8csudhv.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
That just looks... Terrible... I hope all those grille lights are a practical joke?
Four large foot print lights in the grill is terrible?  Must not be from around these parts.  That's pretty much what everyone always ask for.  

The work light sticks look like they fit perfectly for the application and it still keeps everything hidden. 

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Four large foot print lights in the grill is terrible?  Must not be from around these parts.  That's pretty much what everyone always ask for.  

The work light sticks look like they fit perfectly for the application and it still keeps everything hidden. 
I'm hazarding a guess lafd55 didn't realize some of those are titan lightheads... ;)

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
That just looks... Terrible... I hope all those grille lights are a practical joke?
No its not a practical joke...  There are 10 lights in the grill, but in essence, there are acting as 6...  There are 8 Feniex T-6s, but they are actin as 4 lights.  And the Titans are not warning lights, just a scene/take-down lights...  Maybe I'll get some time in the next couple of days and make a quick demo vid on how they will be set-up...

There are also titans in that mix I do beleive, I think it looks good so far. I wanna see it lit up though lol
Indeed, I couldn't use my T-1000 in the grill without doing MAJOR fab work on the grill shell itself, so I'm putting that on the back burner for now...

video of how all that is going to work together! :thumbsup:
Hopefully I can rig it up for a demo vid in the next couple of days...

Indeed...  The outer edge of each T-300 is just about touching the grill, but I got everything to fit nicely...  I'm happy with the progress so far...

I'm hazarding a guess lafd55 didn't realize some of those are titan lightheads... ;)
Probably, but in his defense, just looking at that grill (and knowing how some of the install here are) one might think that all of those lightheads are unsynced and on a split pattern...  lol  But they are all set to steady and I'll be running them off an external flasher...  

Nice work.

The lights appear to be placed well to allow maximum light to pass thru the grill while maintaining a low profile.

Looking forward to the finished product.
Thanks man...  Most of the morning was spend test fitting with tape and wire hanging everything...  lol  It looks like I may have to adjust the upper T-6s...  The ones on the passenger side look lower in the pic, but it might be an optical illusion from the camera...  

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Your install is bad, and you should feel bad.

Just kidding. Looks awesome so far. External flashers or built in Feniex ones?

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Updated Build Post!!!  

Even though the actual build is a little ways off yet, I figured I'd start a new thread and post what my plans are (at the moment anyway)

So, here's the new ride...  A 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel, AWD, HEMI, and LOADED to the gills with features (I'm fairly certain its got every feature...  lol)

Here are my plans as of right now (these may or may not change)

attachicon.gif
Durango Front Warning.jpg

attachicon.gif
Durango Rear Warning.jpg

attachicon.gif
Durango Side Warning Alternate 3.jpg
Maybe its just me, (takes into account this is a site where people REALLY like lights) but the diagram  wish list looks a bit Overkill for a POV. :undecided:   IMHO....

Its a REALLY nice looking SUV for the record.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Your install is bad, and you should feel bad.

Just kidding. Looks awesome so far. External flashers or built in Feniex ones?
Gonna run a ULF-44 for the front lights (Grill and Mirror).  The rest will use their internal flashers, and the T/A will run off the 4200...  

its ok but in my opinion way too much going on in the grill.....
Again, I think you are looking at all the lightheads individually, and not as a whole...  

You people have issues. If he does a nice slow pattern it should look killer. A pattern like this will nice.

http://youtu.be/-iJ2-iaqsiU
Yeah, that looks like Comet Flash...  I'm going to use my personal favorite Flash pattern, Action Flash...  

I like it, the T6s should look good in an x-pattern. 
Indeed, that's the plan...  Along with the Mirror lights.  Still undecided if I will at a 4th level of the "X" though...

This is starting to come together.... 
I know, but this is all the stuff that I already had for the build...  Sadly the funds from selling my current stock of lights have been needed elsewhere and I haven't been able to buy anything for the build yet...  Hopefully I can get at least the 4200 and the Pegasus soon...  

Maybe its just me, (takes into account this is a site where people REALLY like lights) but the diagram  wish list looks a bit Overkill for a POV. :undecided:   IMHO....

Its a REALLY nice looking SUV for the record.. ;)
"Overkill is in the eye of the beholder..."  Thats the saying, right...?  lol  Like stated earlier, that's is just a "wish list set-up"  It's most likely going to change a few times before final rendition...  lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
For everyone who has been saying "the grill is too busy/there are too many lights" ect...  Here is a little diagram to explain it a little better...  Maybe I'll be able to rig them up and display what they will look like...  

Like I've stated before, the "8" grill lights are acting as "4"...  1 & 3 will flash opposite of 2 & 4 for an "X" pattern...  And when I add the Mirror Lights, the passengers side will flash with 1/3 and the drivers side will flash with 2/4, giving me a larger "X"...

Grill 01.jpg

Hope this helps with the explanation...  I'm not some "newb" that would install 8 grill lights and ave them all unsynced and split...  lol  And for you who still think that this is "too much", you have obviously have never seen my Avalanche...  lol

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
 "8" grill lights are acting as "4"...  1 & 3 will flash opposite of 2 & 4 for an "X" pattern...  And when I add the Mirror Lights, the passengers side will flash with 1/3 and the drivers side will flash with 2/4, giving me a larger "X"...
Gee, doesn't that sound familiar!!!!!!  :undecided:   :salivate:  

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Gee, doesn't that sound familiar!!!!!!  :undecided:   :salivate:  
Yeah, same set-up as my Avalanche...  Remember, you don't have mirror lights...  lol

I still don't understand why you just didn't throw 4 M7s back there instead of all that double-stacked mess.
He wanted an all Feniex build, as he stated earlier in the thread.
Indeed...  But I understand that most people don't bother to read install threads, just look at the pictures/vids...

Besides, M7s are $140/each, totalling $560 before shipping ...  I'm into these 8 T-6s for $80 total with shipping...  

It looks good Boulder. Can't wait to see the finished setup!
Thanks man...  I can't wait just to get some stuff hooked up...  lol  I'm back to rocking an L32 and a Dual Talon at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I may not have mirror lights but I'm pretty sure I was the first on here to have 3 lights in a giant X pattern. If I ever get those MirrorBeams done, I'll be the first to have 4 in a giant X. I know, times a wastin'... go ahead and bust my balls.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.