2011 Dodge Durango Citadel ***Updated - 06/5/17 ***

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Honestly with the rocker kit he has planned to be put on... The T-6 on the B-Pillar is just filler.  

he will have alot more functionality out of a rocker kit (T/A functions and work light functions) than he would with the apollo f-6s slapped together down there).  

As long as you are 10 feet from the vehicle, you will be able to see the rocker kit.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I got my stock front LP Bracket in the mail today...  And I promptly installed my Intersection Bracket to it...

Now I just have to wait for my new custom front plate to arrive and I can get it all mounted...

I should be receiving my new grill tomorrow...  Maybe I'll try and tinker with it on my days off to see how I can start mounting stuff in the grill area...

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Hey, my lights haven't changed since I put them in.  Just patterns. lol.

Why not go with Whelen Interleaved?  You can still have clear fogs (nice white color temp).  And you can sync them lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Hey, my lights haven't changed since I put them in.  Just patterns. lol.

Why not go with Whelen Interleaved?  You can still have clear fogs (nice white color temp).  And you can sync them lol
I'm doing a primarily Feniex build, and I'm looking to use most of what they offer...  

He can sync the cannons and Luminex with the lights on the lp and in the grill without an external flasher and save money by doing so compared to Whelen fogs
Indeed...  However, the front lights (grills and mirrors) are probably going to be run off of a ULF-44, just because I like the Action Flash pattern, but that also may change when it comes time to do it...  lol  

Also the lights on the Intersection Bracket aren't going to be synced to anything, they will just run by themselves on a seizure-y pattern...  lol

Florida = No blue
Sure you can...  Just don't get caught...  lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FireMedic19

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Overall good except:

Rocker lights??? No....just....just no

Go with 2 dual T6 in grill and sync em with Cannons/Luminex you WILL put in fog lights. fog mirror and visor outlines your vehicle perfectly. Where youd have mounted the other 2 dual T6, mount your custom T300s :thumbsup:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Did a little work today, but not much...  lol  I got the factory front LP Bracket and the Intersection bracket mounted up, and power/ground run up to the fender...  I'll do the finish wiring when I have the front end tore apart to install the rest of the frontal lighting...  

LP Intersection Bracket 01.jpg

LP Intersection Bracket 02.jpg

I also got my new custom front plate from The Fire Store, so I got that installed too...

LP Intersection Bracket 03.jpg

And for fun, I fired up the T-6s...  lol

LP Intersection Bracket 05.jpg

LP Intersection Bracket 06.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Oh no it's a split LED!! Lol
Yes, its on a split pattern...  A fast, seizure-y pattern...  LoL  In this application, I think it works good...  

You got to be using something....

Show us your temporary setup..
All I'm using is a Whelen L32 as a throw light...  Literally, that is all...  lol

Reactions: JaBradt85

I'mabeast

Apr 5, 2011
Massillon, Ohio
There is way too much on this drawing plan then you really need. Here's a sharp but simple looking set up,

Front

2 T6's in grill

Visor light

1 cannon in each fog light

Side

1 T6 on each side of license plate

1 cobra 200 in each rear side window

Rear

Cobra 800 upper rear window

1 T6 on each side of license plate or 1 cannon in each brake light or reverse light

Cause otherwise you'd be extremely overkill at night, even with the dim control that they come with. Plus I wouldn't get the rocker panel (even tho it is awesome) because what if you threw up rocks or anything else you could break a light and might have to replace it more then you think. Not to mention all of this is alittle cheaper then what your wanting to do. Just to give you an idea.  

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
There is way too much on this drawing plan then you really need. Here's a sharp but simple looking set up,
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don't know Boulder... I believe his personal saying is "Overkill is underutilized anymore, and it makes me sad."

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I like it only there is one problem........ Why is the truck red? you cant have that color your are obviously trying to project your love and feelings for real RED lights instead of blue tisk tisk boulder...
You shut your filthy Mexican mouth!!!  LoL  You're just bitter because you didn't buy my Avalanche...  lol

And show us what it looks like....
Dude, its a "Throw Light"  It only gets put on when I go to a call...  But since you asked...  lol

Durango L32 Front.jpg

Durango L32 Side.jpg

Thanks your for your input...  I agree that running this all at night full tilt will be too much, but thats why everything is individually controlled, it will be knocked down/bumped up as needed...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don't know Boulder... I believe his personal saying is "Overkill is underutilized anymore, and it makes me sad."
INDEED!!!  LoL

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Dude, its a "Throw Light" It only gets put on when I go to a call... But since you asked... lol

attachicon.gif
Durango L32 Front.jpg

attachicon.gif
Durango L32 Side.jpg
Hey man, it is a version of the set up. I guess now I will have to post a pic of the wifes honda with the Firebeam on top. Lol

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I would just add another throw light and call it a day.  Back when I started that would be common to see. lol
I'm starting not to like you...  lol

No I don't know him, but I was just giving some honest though cause feniex is extremely bright as hell.
Indeed they are, and I'm going to be demonstrating that fact in my area with my install...  

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I really dig the L32 look. I may need one now...hmm. I very minimally respond in my own vehicle now and sometimes the flip-down visor light just doesn't cut it.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I really dig the L32 look. I may need one now...hmm. I very minimally respond in my own vehicle now and sometimes the flip-down visor light just doesn't cut it.
One of my favorite "budget" setups I've used in the past was a Whelen FL220 and a FS Firebeam on the roof. I think a visor light and a throw light on the roof make a good setup in a pinch.

Jan 8, 2014
IL
I cannot wait to see this completed. Looks like its going to be an awesome setup.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I LOVE my little L32...  Its probably one light that I'll NEVER get rid of...  lol

One of my favorite "budget" setups I've used in the past was a Whelen FL220 and a FS Firebeam on the roof. I think a visor light and a throw light on the roof make a good setup in a pinch.
Indeed...  I might put my LED DashKing in the Durango too, just for that little "extra" for the time being...

I cannot wait to see this completed. Looks like its going to be an awesome setup.
Me too!!!  LoL  BUt I need to sell my current stuff so I can afford the new stuff...  lol

Jan 8, 2014
IL
Me too!!!  LoL  BUt I need to sell my current stuff so I can afford the new stuff...  lol
I wish I could have lights in my truck. No longer a part of any Public Safety entity. For now at least. Also Illinois has some very strict laws on lighting. Which blows big bull balls.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
So, since you have 2 BLACK trucks, what are you you trying to project your love for...? :undecided:   :ph34r:     lol
I dont want to sound like a whacker poser cop but to tell you the truth im trying to look like the local sheriff's office investigators units. They drive the same style truck sometimes extended cab some times crew cab  some times single cab and they look like my set up LOL.

They sometimes pass me up on the road and wave at me and think im one of them but im actually a sneeky mexican guy with lights and stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.