Aerodynic Model 24RQ Green

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Ok, now that I got you to fall for my clickbait title... lol

I found this bar on CL in NJ.. I was going to pass on it until the seller got me pictures of the insides and it was almost NOS.. The original domes were Red and in questionable shape.. so I figured the elements pretty much had their way with this bar.. but nope, bar was stored inside most of its life.

Did a quick cleanup, added some grease to the worm gear. Bar reads 86 on the frame tag and 86 on the motor.. with either an 8 or 9 before the year on the motor.. hard to read.

Green Gel Filters... and a new set of clear domes that I have been sitting on for probably 2 years.. I'm fairly positive I got these from EmtAnderson.. not sure what I was planning on doing with them originally probably one of my derp moments.

So yes.. technically a green Aerodynic.. I don't really plan on leaving it Green, I have other colors and probably will play with them... maybe this will be the next XMAS bar for 2017.. lol

Optimized-20160522_154011.jpg Optimized-20160522_151413.jpg Optimized-20160522_154024.jpg

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
This has been a good week for the Aerotwinsonics showing up. The green looks nice. For trivia, green is illegal for any purpose in Georgia. Never found an explanation why.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I've been finding XL9000s like mad around here. These guys are drying up it seems.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I am curious about your bulbs. The Q stands for halogen bulbs. The specs say 60w incandescent or 37.5 w halogen. Do you know which one you have? I"m not sure I have seen the halogens in action and was curious about the brightness comparison of a 37.5 halogen vs the 60w incandescent.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I am curious about your bulbs. The Q stands for halogen bulbs. The specs say 60w incandescent or 37.5 w halogen. Do you know which one you have? I"m not sure I have seen the halogens in action and was curious about the brightness comparison of a 37.5 halogen vs the 60w incandescent.
The halogen bulbs are considerably brighter than incandescent bulbs. I've had both in assorted sealed beam lights and the difference is noticeable. I strongly prefer halogen for colored bulbs and incandescent for clear bulbs so all of the colors have a distinct "pop" and the white doesn't just wash everything out.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Interesting the rotators are set to alternating flash instead of the traditional sync flash. Very nice nonetheless. I've got a all-clear AeroTwinSonic and mine is set up red/blue bulbs so the colors alternate from each other. Still one of my favorite lightbars!
ai246_photobucket_com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_Light_20and_20Siren_20videos_th_FedSig24RQATS_mp4_.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
CrownVic, you are correct.. I did the alternate flash on purpose.. everyone synchs them... but the cascade mirrors the alternate flash inwards makes this bar pop even more..

As for bulbs... I believe these are H7600 bulbs... which are Halogen.

I've given thought about doing a R/B on each rotator, which combined with the current flash pattern would make an interesting light show.

Reactions: CrownVic97

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.