all kinds of lights

tecster

Dec 1, 2011
Connecticut
Interesting. My only request...please dear lord do not become extremely expensive - if your products are good quality and you can sell them at this price now, please don't increase them! I'd love to laugh in my friends face who just spent over $1,700 on all Whelen equiptment when I get the same stuff for the right price.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
KAdams327 said:
I was very skeptical of this thread when it was posted at first, but seeing the communication that everybody has had with Keith, I have to say I'm actually impressed now.

Having said that and having seen some of the comments posted. I am going to offer up my help. My day job is tech support and I'd like to help out with the website. So, Keith pm me when you get a chance and we'll discuss further.

Also, I think I'll support the cause by buying some lights when I get a few extra $$.

I am always looking for input! I must ask, what made you skeptical? Has the forum seen bad vendors or products? I am still so new to the forum and have not done much research. I just really look at this thread because I don't want to cross the line since we are not a supporting vendor. I'm ways up with talking with people. I really don't mind talking on the cell phone!

I'll send you a pm too....

Keith

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
EMT-BLS said:
+1!! I checked out his products, as soon as I get paid, I'm placing an order!

Great, I'm really looking for someone to do a review for us! Just remember about the wait time. We like to be completely honest about how we do business so there are no surprises. If you need your order asap then we are not the company to buy from. If you don't mind waiting out the time then we can get you what you want! We offer anyone a refund that is not happy with their item(s). Woot!! Thanks much.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
tecster said:
Interesting. My only request...please dear lord do not become extremely expensive - if your products are good quality and you can sell them at this price now, please don't increase them! I'd love to laugh in my friends face who just spent over $1,700 on all Whelen equipment when I get the same stuff for the right price.

Let me explain a bit more to give you a good feel . . . remember that that our business is ran by us who work full time jobs. This is not our main source of income. This is more less a hobby. We have no reason to charge insane prices. We just like to give everyone an extra option if you don't want to pay the higher prices. We are out to capture the individuals who are having to pay out of pocket or the smaller departments that don't have high budgets. As I would never put our products above Whelen, but I got to say with the high intensity upgrade we really can't tell a difference in light output. I decked out the brush guard of my vehicle and spent so little comparing the prices that I would have spent if I went with others. They are just as bright as the whelen lightbar that I have on top of the vehicle. Here is the idea...... I can sit here and tell you all day long how brights the lights are, how wonderful the products, and how you will love them..... but until you actually experience it for yourself then you will know. Here are a few pics of my patrol vehicle....

2011-11-29_04-49-33_112.jpg

2011-11-29_04-48-20_192.jpg

2011-11-29_04-49-09_713.jpg

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
hmmm ... at first I was thinking another "ledguy" :nono: but now after reading his letter and this post I'm going to give him a try.

Question for the business owner, some of the products say for example "94 in stock" thats in stock at your warehouse ? Or is there the 3 week led time on those ???

I'll be ordering when the wife and I decide if we're moving to the OH border or into PA :thumbsup:

I'd love to get a few exterior lights and review them in nasty NE Ohio winters / salty roads :hail:

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
ark_firefighter said:
hmmm ... at first I was thinking another "ledguy" :nono: but now after reading his letter and this post I'm going to give him a try.

Question for the business owner, some of the products say for example "94 in stock" thats in stock at your warehouse ? Or is there the 3 week led time on those ???

I'll be ordering when the wife and I decide if we're moving to the OH border or into PA :thumbsup:

I'd love to get a few exterior lights and review them in nasty NE Ohio winters / salty roads :hail:

The website forces us to put some kind of number in the quantity box. If we don't then it will show the item as inactive and remove it from the store. Yeah give us a try and see what you think! We offer money back if you are not happy.

tecster

Dec 1, 2011
Connecticut
I noticed you now offer package deals, that sounds like a great idea. Are these packages "customizable" and if so to what extent? Let me note, I'm sure your not going to give me your SuperVisor and a bunch of other stuff for the price of a basic combo, just trying to see what you have in mind.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
tecster said:
I noticed you now offer package deals, that sounds like a great idea. Are these packages "customizable" and if so to what extent? Let me note, I'm sure your not going to give me your SuperVisor and a bunch of other stuff for the price of a basic combo, just trying to see what you have in mind.

Well we would like to get more input from you guys. How would you like to see this done? We were thinking of starting at a base price. Base price meaning that if you don't customize the package then you get X items. However, for just a bit more you can get X instead of X. You can customize the "package" however you like. Going with the packages you would certainly save more money then just ordering the products one by one. Of course choosing whatever colors you want come free of charge. Ultimately, this way you can outfit a vehicle for a set price.

Really would like the input here.....

Thanks!

Keith

KAdams327

Oct 28, 2011
MI
There was two things that made me skeptical. The layout of the website and the reputation that imported products have/the way some of the vendors support them.

I have to say I'm impressed by the way you are doing business though.

tecster

Dec 1, 2011
Connecticut
Keith, I will contact you directly and possibly we can work something out - my current suggestion :

Offer a few seperate options, starter budget friendly with say a dash light and 2 grille lights, a basic strobe package, a intermediate package with maybe your SuperVisor and two grille lights? You know, something like that? Just my opinion...see I'm not buying for overkill nor am I buying for a company. I'm a volunteer with no real need for a crazy overdone POV so I'm looking for possibly two headliner lights (dash lights - i can customize the brackets) that I can hardwire in and possibly add on...

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I would like to step in here and let everyone know that I too have spoken with Keith on his personal cell phone for at least 45 minutes. I am very impressed at how he runs his business. I am going to order a few lights in the coming weeks, Christmas and all, and I do plan on letting everyone on here know what I truly think. I was impressed at his posts on this thread and now speaking with him I am even more impressed with him and his company. I strongly feel that this company will not disappoint us on ELB. I also plan on letting several LEOs that are good friends test said lights that I order and get their opinions as well. If you are second guessing purchasing from CPS dont. You dont have to worry about getting screwed over if you are not satisfied with your order, simply send him an email with your purchase information and he will get back with you rather quickly.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
thats the same thing i thought after i spoke to him on the phone! i decided to become a vendor for them as i am very impressed with the quality of products they offer at an awesome price. I will be letting some guys from my department use some of the lighting to see what they really think. I see his business only growing and i am glad i got onboard with them early because i can see this being the start to a great business relationship!!

After speaking to keith, he is becoming more and more busy everyday and does not always have the time to get back to somebody immediately. If anybody has any questions about any of the CPS products I will be more than happy to help as well.

Thanks

Erik

customtle

Nov 26, 2011
So. Western Indiana
I have talked to Keiths Partner Zach over the course of the past week numerous times.... I made initial contact w Zach and spoke w him for a while and since then Zachs contacted me to fallow up and chit chat and I have also called him a couple times to chit chat and ask various questions. By far nicest experience I have had talking to someone about lights..W the exception of talking to fireman616WTFD and these guys (whatever his S/N is on here ...pulling a senile moment) usually w other distributors ... its I dunno ill find out & call ya back....(Get me off this phone, this a$$hole only wants 1 light... I got Depts I need to haggle with)... if you can even get an answer. I called Zach tonight to talk to him and asked what his top 4 sellers are, Im contemplating ..who am I B.S.ing I have talked myself into becoming a vendor for these guys mainly aiming toward VFD and local L.E. w Takehome vehicles nothing big time just something to burn extra time with, without hesitating Zach fired off his best sellers and said these will be great! I cannot say enough about their C.S. I have NEVER received better help!

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
ark_firefighter said:

Wow you know, it is actually kinda funny now that I read over this again. At first, I didn't understand what you were talking about another "ledguy" but after checking my messages from a forum member "ledguy" now I see what you are saying. Kinda interesting what he sent me. I never like to bash anyone but I can see what you are talking about.

BowersZach

Dec 19, 2011
United States Iowa
Hey thanks to all the guys that make the good gestures. We really appreciate it. Thats what we are here for is to answer any questions and be of any help we can. If any one has any questions or comments on anything please be sure to give us a shout.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
KAdams327 said:
There was two things that made me skeptical. The layout of the website and the reputation that imported products have/the way some of the vendors support them.

I have to say I'm impressed by the way you are doing business though.

More input please of being skeptical of the website, lol, we are always looking for input!! Gotta say, though, we pretty much built it and at first had no idea what we were doing. We are getting there though. We didn't want to spend big money to get one made even though I'm sure it would get more attention. I will say we would rather let your comments and recommendations get us more business.

We are really trying hard.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
tecster said:
Keith, I will contact you directly and possibly we can work something out - my current suggestion :

Offer a few seperate options, starter budget friendly with say a dash light and 2 grille lights, a basic strobe package, a intermediate package with maybe your SuperVisor and two grille lights? You know, something like that? Just my opinion...see I'm not buying for overkill nor am I buying for a company. I'm a volunteer with no real need for a crazy overdone POV so I'm looking for possibly two headliner lights (dash lights - i can customize the brackets) that I can hardwire in and possibly add on...

Oh yes please do!! Call or email if you like....334.524.6726 / clearplasticsolutions@live.com

We also have a new idea in mind too. I'm going to try to work on it over the holidays.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
MEVS06 said:
I would like to step in here and let everyone know that I too have spoken with Keith on his personal cell phone for at least 45 minutes. I am very impressed at how he runs his business. I am going to order a few lights in the coming weeks, Christmas and all, and I do plan on letting everyone on here know what I truly think. I was impressed at his posts on this thread and now speaking with him I am even more impressed with him and his company. I strongly feel that this company will not disappoint us on ELB. I also plan on letting several LEOs that are good friends test said lights that I order and get their opinions as well. If you are second guessing purchasing from CPS dont. You dont have to worry about getting screwed over if you are not satisfied with your order, simply send him an email with your purchase information and he will get back with you rather quickly.

Thanks for that! I don't mind talking at all. Actually I would prefer anyone to call us before sending any money if there any doubts or questions in mind. I want to make sure that each person knows exactly what they are getting and our background (sometimes I feel that I talk too much, lol). We just want to be a second alternative to the market needing lighting products.

I can't wait for the reviews!! This is perfect for us to correct any flaws. We are always looking for input! We can't get better unless we have the input from the customer.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
FireMedic129 said:
thats the same thing i thought after i spoke to him on the phone! i decided to become a vendor for them as i am very impressed with the quality of products they offer at an awesome price. I will be letting some guys from my department use some of the lighting to see what they really think. I see his business only growing and i am glad i got onboard with them early because i can see this being the start to a great business relationship!!
After speaking to keith, he is becoming more and more busy everyday and does not always have the time to get back to somebody immediately. If anybody has any questions about any of the CPS products I will be more than happy to help as well.

Thanks

Erik

Thanks Erik! I will say that things have certainly become busy for us. It's only because of the customer support! For me, I try so very hard to respond as quick as possible to phone calls, emails, and texts.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
ark_firefighter said:
The only suggestion I have for the website is change metric measurements into inches... if possible.

Yeah, we have actually been in the works of removing that. We are slowly posting new information up with all the measurements. We are trying to get as much information as possible so it will help anyone with deciding which item(s) would be the best to go with.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
Az_Medic said:
Can you sync these lights?

Yes, all the surface mount modules can be sync with each other. They typically have four wires; hot, ground, sync, and pattern.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
customtle said:
I have talked to Keiths Partner Zach over the course of the past week numerous times.... I made initial contact w Zach and spoke w him for a while and since then Zachs contacted me to fallow up and chit chat and I have also called him a couple times to chit chat and ask various questions. By far nicest experience I have had talking to someone about lights..W the exception of talking to fireman616WTFD and these guys (whatever his S/N is on here ...pulling a senile moment) usually w other distributors ... its I dunno ill find out & call ya back....(Get me off this phone, this a$$hole only wants 1 light... I got Depts I need to haggle with)... if you can even get an answer. I called Zach tonight to talk to him and asked what his top 4 sellers are, Im contemplating ..who am I B.S.ing I have talked myself into becoming a vendor for these guys mainly aiming toward VFD and local L.E. w Takehome vehicles nothing big time just something to burn extra time with, without hesitating Zach fired off his best sellers and said these will be great! I cannot say enough about their C.S. I have NEVER received better help!

Woot! That is the idea of all this. I just have so many thoughts that run through my head when it comes with running this business. It's just keeping it open an honest.

noturbizniss

Dec 6, 2011
New York
I was wondering why the blaster 6 interior LED is cheaper than the blaster 6 tir 4 if they are both tir lights, but the interiror 6 has 6 led's per head. Is it because it is interior only and not waterproof?

Would you recommend a linear light or TIR light if i will be mounting the light in the rear window of my SUV?

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
noturbizniss said:
I was wondering why the blaster 6 interior LED is cheaper than the blaster 6 tir 4 if they are both tir lights, but the interiror 6 has 6 led's per head. Is it because it is interior only and not waterproof?
Would you recommend a linear light or TIR light if i will be mounting the light in the rear window of my SUV?

Yes, you are correct. The Blaster 6 RX2 (the interior stick) is cheaper than the Blaster 6 TIR4 simply because the flasher is built inside. The Blaster 6 TIR4 has an external flasher box and a few more parts with it. Both items are really nice. I'll get some pics for you . . .

Linear vs TIR . . . . this is just my opinion, I have always like the TIR rather than the linear. The TIR just appears to be so much brighter than the linear. The TIR takes all the light and concentrates it in one direction, where as, the linear takes the light output and spreads it in a larger viewing angle. Since you are looking at light to be installed in the rear then I think you should go with the TIR. In this case, you need all the light you can going in one direction. Hope that helps out a bit more :thumbsup:

Here is the Blaster 6 TIR3

DSC_0016.jpg

Here is the Blaster 6 RX2

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0180 (2).jpg

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
ark_firefighter said:
The only suggestion I have for the website is change metric measurements into inches... if possible.

Don't get rid of metric! Post both units on the website.

noturbizniss

Dec 6, 2011
New York
CPS LED Lighting said:
Yes, you are correct. The Blaster 6 RX2 (the interior stick) is cheaper than the Blaster 6 TIR4 simply because the flasher is built inside. The Blaster 6 TIR4 has an external flasher box and a few more parts with it. Both items are really nice. I'll get some pics for you . . .

Linear vs TIR . . . . this is just my opinion, I have always like the TIR rather than the linear. The TIR just appears to be so much brighter than the linear. The TIR takes all the light and concentrates it in one direction, where as, the linear takes the light output and spreads it in a larger viewing angle. Since you are looking at light to be installed in the rear then I think you should go with the TIR. In this case, you need all the light you can going in one direction. Hope that helps out a bit more :thumbsup:

Thanks for you quick answer! What would you recommend for a dash light? I was thinking either the phaser 8 dual or the RX2 dual.

Do you have any videos comparing your lights to other brands (whelen, fedsig, feniex, other chinese, etc) ?

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
RJ* said:
Don't get rid of metric! Post both units on the website.

Ok, if it makes it useful to have both then we can do that. I'll have both placed on the website. Thanks!

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
noturbizniss said:
Thanks for you quick answer! What would you recommend for a dash light? I was thinking either the phaser 8 dual or the RX2 dual.
Do you have any videos comparing your lights to other brands (whelen, fedsig, feniex, other chinese, etc) ?

Lets see for a dash light, yeah, I would say maybe the Dual Phaser 8 (LINK). The great part with it, is that it has the shroud to help with flash back. You could also go with the Slim-Line Freedom (LINK)

I do have a video that I could post up. It is showing the difference between the Whelen lightbar vs our led stick. Let me get it uploaded to youtube and I'll post it up.

KAdams327

Oct 28, 2011
MI
CPS LED Lighting said:
More input please of being skeptical of the website, lol, we are always looking for input!! Gotta say, though, we pretty much built it and at first had no idea what we were doing. We are getting there though. We didn't want to spend big money to get one made even though I'm sure it would get more attention. I will say we would rather let your comments and recommendations get us more business.

We are really trying hard.

I will give you a call after the holidays. It's a little crazy around here right now.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
KAdams327 said:
I will give you a call after the holidays. It's a little crazy around here right now.

LOL, no biggie . . . just let me know!! Thanks...

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
All right guys, its time to shake things up a bit!!!! :eek: :eek:

I have spoke to kieth at CPS and he has realized that he has become overrun with with the response on Elightbars.org. Between working fulltime at his S.O. and running CPS he doesn't have enough hours in the day, because of this he needs help!!! That is where i come in. Just a little backround on me, I am a fulltime EMT-P with the local EMS agency as well as being volunteer fire. I have been a part-time upfitter for many years and just recently decided to take the big step to opening A.L.S Emergency Lighting as a second Full Time ocupation. The great thing about being in EMS is we have alot of downtime that most LEO's dont have!!! that leaves me with more time to devote to my company as well as Elightbars.org!!

I am a Master Distributor for all of CPS products, I have learned inside and out the products that are offered from them and i am working on some real world reviews of the LED lighting products.

Kieth has graciously decided that i can now be the offical Elightbars.org contact person for CPS products:hail:. I will available for any questions regarding the LED products that we as a whole offer. wether the question has to with size, color option, shipping time, flash patterns, tech problems, or anything else under the sun i am here to help. The reasoning behind this is simple. the more time kieth can put towards growing his business will only end up with us (those needing lighting) getting the best product for the least money!!!

For those of you asking yourself how a person that is also a dealer for a product line can do this, its real easy. I am here to help!! it doesnt matter if an order is placed with me or directly with CPS. You as the Elightbars.org member will pay the same. If you compare my website to his ( his is better, mines still a work in progress) and notice a difference in price, the price you get is the lower one. What we want to do is get the members here the lighting they need at a price that is easy on the wallet and serve our customers the best we can. There is no stronger advertising than a happy customer telling everybody he knows about our products!!!

I am making myself available to everyone, a tradition that kieth has started and i plan to continue. Phone call, emails, forum post's, smoke signal, carrier pigeon, or a message in a bottle!! i will be available to help in any way i can.

just to make sure everybody has my information:

Erik

A.L.S. Emergency Lighting

Master Distributor for CPS Products

A.L.S. Emergency Vehicle Lighting - Home

sales@alsemergencylighting.com

606-782-2454

please feel free to get in touch with any questions or problems that you may have.

Stay tuned for some upcoming specials we are planning for ELB members. The first thing we are working on is a group buy for the SuperVisor Interior LED lightbar!!!! we are also open to suggestions for other groups buys, just let us know

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
I talked to Erik briefly via PM today and am planning on doing a review of the RX2 Dual Window w/Shroud sometime after the holiday. We haven't worked out the details yet, but I wanted to give you folks a heads up if you were waiting. I'll be sure to get lots of good pics and video (day and night).

I'm a volunteer who is responsible for my own lighting (no lights required) and am also new to the "hobby" (lighting) as well as being new to fire/EMS, so I think I'm an ideal candidate to write this review as it sounds like that is their target market.

Also: I'm interested in the Blaster 6 TA, but I don't see any easy way to quickly change the pattern? i.e. If I'm responding to the scene running the "center out" pattern, and then arrive on scene and end up doing fire police and want to put the TA on "right," it doesn't seem there is a one button way to do that... I've gotta hit that button X number of times until the correct pattern shows up on the controller? Is there an alternate controller that has buttons for "left" "center out" "right" "warning" or something light that?

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
I haven't directly purchased from CPS but a fellow officer purchased the phaser 8 dual linear dash light and the blaster 6 tir3 led stick. The dash light was given to me and has been in my patrol car for about 2 months now with no problems at all. My buddy has had no problems from the led stick either. Like was stated they aren't top tier super bright lights but for the price point they are good. Also like was earlier stated they shippind did take some time but I think this was when he was first getting started up and he didn't have alot in stock, communication was kept up with I will update in the future if I have any problems down the road, thought I don't really think I will any. I don't have any video of the blaster led stick but if you check my whelen par36 review thread you can see the dashlight.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
bwoodruff said:
Also: I'm interested in the Blaster 6 TA, but I don't see any easy way to quickly change the pattern? i.e. If I'm responding to the scene running the "center out" pattern, and then arrive on scene and end up doing fire police and want to put the TA on "right," it doesn't seem there is a one button way to do that... I've gotta hit that button X number of times until the correct pattern shows up on the controller? Is there an alternate controller that has buttons for "left" "center out" "right" "warning" or something light that?

Yeah, you could consider that to be one issue with our flasher boxes. You would have to scroll through the patterns until you get to the TA pattern that you want. Now once you get to that pattern and the unit is turned off, that pattern would be saved. We looked into going with another flasher box that would allow you to manually select the TA patterns but it was going to increase the prices. We wanted to keep the prices as low as possible. One idea would be to use another type of flasher on the market such as the Whelen TA box. Here is a video of our current flasher box

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
ccsobaker said:
I haven't directly purchased from CPS but a fellow officer purchased the phaser 8 dual linear dash light and the blaster 6 tir3 led stick. The dash light was given to me and has been in my patrol car for about 2 months now with no problems at all. My buddy has had no problems from the led stick either. Like was stated they aren't top tier super bright lights but for the price point they are good. Also like was earlier stated they shippind did take some time but I think this was when he was first getting started up and he didn't have alot in stock, communication was kept up with I will update in the future if I have any problems down the road, thought I don't really think I will any. I don't have any video of the blaster led stick but if you check my whelen par36 review thread you can see the dashlight.

Off hand, do you know if it was the standard or high intensity light output?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.