Blast from the past.

Ahahaha, you should add a couple can lights to the visibar and convince your department to install it on your car. Wishful thinking, of course, but it sure is a funny thought.

Looks good up there! Go on duty with the old and new...that'll turn some heads :lol: .

CrownVic97 said:
Looks good up there! Go on duty with the old and new...that'll turn some heads :lol: .

If I thought there was the slightest chance I could get away with it I would do it!

That is AWESOME!

Reminds me of the old Chevy Caprices Chicago had in the 70's and 80's.

Like someone said, just missing the can lights and a center mounted speaker.

Chi-pol-car.jpg

If I had that, it would mounted it my GMC Canyon... Like Maniac said, only certain ones would "get it"... Got to love "old school"

I like it!

I know the PDs don't choose lights so they would look cool but all twin rotating beacons looks soooo nice when they're going in snow, fog, smoke,haze... Really cool looking CVPI :)

Love it! Actually, with all of the auxiliary LED options and lights everywhere they can be stuck on a car, I'm kind of surprised the "old skool" concept hasn't made a small comeback. I would love to see old halogen roof mounted beacons supplemented by modern lights everywhere else on the car. Another recent thread showed a Canadian RCMP patrol car with a Beacon Ray. Sweet!

LED's are great as they draw far less energy than incandescent or halogen lamps and they do well as steady burn, alternating flasher, or, to a certain extent, strobes. But it's hard to beat the sweeping action of a revolving beam of light, be it a sealed beam lamp or a reflector and halogen bulb. Yeah, I do like the old school beacons and light bars.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381