Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Checking out for 8. Hopefully [emoji99]

I have one of those antennas I put up a few years ago..... I didn't puncture my hand though. Workin 3rd at the new job tonight.

Reactions: tsquale
goood morning all. checking in for 8

Mornin' folks..... Checkin' in for ANOTHER DAY OFF!!!!! HAHAHA!!!

Mornin' folks..... Checkin' in for ANOTHER DAY OFF!!!!! HAHAHA!!!
I do recall someone last week asking me which finger I could think of they were giving me :coffee:   :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AJ3814
woke up at 11, been fartin around watchin TV since then. Ill probably take a nap at some point too

Reactions: AJ3814
so this past weekend, I pulled out from my box o lights two Microman bars I used to use as an interior lightbar. Made a custom shield for one side and never got around to the other. They are B/W/B/W 4 heads of the newer leds. I went to test them, and one bar a wrong wire touched :duh:   :duh:   now the bar lights but very dim. SO going to have Craig repair it and I will have my interior lightbar  for my Silverado. :woot:

Checking back in for 12...  Todays my last day of the week...  I took tomorrow off cause I'm running the Ambulance all night...  

went and watched the new "vacation" movie. wasnt bad. definitely not kid friendly as they use the word vagina about 20 times in the first 5 minutes...

went to go mow some yards after i woke up from getting off work. got half way to their house 20 miles away for it to come a down pour. great time to find out your windshield wiper motor died. :explode:

waiting for pay day so i can get some crap fixed that never stops breaking.

no, a vacation moment would have been to turn the wipers on, and be ejected out of the roof....

Reactions: Retired1 and AJ3814
I took tonight off...  Running the Ambo until 0700...  Only ad 1 run so far...  I hope its not like last week, we ran all damn night...  lol

yup

Yeah.... working today.... off tomorrow....... then work Sat & Sun and off Mon & Tues...... Finally getting a break.

well since im having to drive the back up ride, its warning system has been deteriorating over the years due to lack of use...

opened the center console and did some wire remanagement. I need to find out why the strobe PS isnt getting power (or ground) and replace a popped fuse on the sw300 that controls a set of them.

got my "custom" havis switch plate wired back up and got the talon and slimlighter LL on the back working again. 

here's the front Amber LEDS

whelen tir 3s on a sho me SF led flasher

So... upgrade time, selling all of my lights and looking to change things around for the Silverado. budget wise I may not be able to get a full interior, what's everyone's thoughts on the passenger side only

Just put up 2 NIB Typhoons.

So... upgrade time, selling all of my lights and looking to change things around for the Silverado. budget wise I may not be able to get a full interior, what's everyone's thoughts on the passenger side only
Not a bad idea.... BUT... I'd get some black rubber to help fill the gaps from night flash. I'm too tall for interior bars, but if you do just the pass side, it should work well. Personally, I have some stuff in my dash, but only down low. I have never seen a high interior bar that didn't blind me at night.

theres a thread for that

Just put up 2 NIB Typhoons.
give one to chief... he needs it

go two dash lights of a same kind instead.  Interior bars are over rated.  you can synch the right dash lights and have a great setup on a budget if you do it right.  Got to our youttube channel and search FEVER Inc Security car

Quote from AJ's post in a different thread:

I'll offer this bit of review..... last evening, I took several people out at different times and ran a AS124 next to a Feniex Typhoon, separately, both on Yelp on a Touchmaster Delta siren, and every single one of the people listening said the AS124 was much louder than the Typhoon.

This was done at a distance of about 225 yards."

Maybe I don't want the three discontinued NIB Typhoon speakers after all. I guess there is no reason for me to keep trying to win them here??

They're great speakers,

Quote from AJ's post in a different thread:

I'll offer this bit of review..... last evening, I took several people out at different times and ran a AS124 next to a Feniex Typhoon, separately, both on Yelp on a Touchmaster Delta siren, and every single one of the people listening said the AS124 was much louder than the Typhoon.

This was done at a distance of about 225 yards."

Maybe I don't want the three discontinued NIB Typhoon speakers after all. I guess there is no reason for me to keep trying to win them here??
They're great speakers, but apparently there isn't any comparing any small speaker to the huge reverb cone on the AS124. I'd personally prefer the old 100 style with the huge cone, but it won't fit behind my grille, and I have to use a speaker with a forward facing magnet on a Powercall. The guy I spoke with at Powercall said his sirens put a good bit of stress on speakers, so it was best to use a forward facing magnet speaker due to heat generation, especially if they are going behind a grille, as the regular ones would blow out in short order being right next to the radiator. I'm very limited to what I can run as a speaker due to my siren choice, AND what will fit behind my grille. He also told me that they have YET to have one single Feniex Triton fail while running them..... so since that is the best speaker in their experience and one of the VERY few that will fit my vehicle, that is the one I'll use. .... although I'd still prefer something with a larger cone.

"The AS124 speaker is built with a revolutionary housing material known as P.E.T. (polyethylene terephthalate)" [Common spelling].

"Polly Terephthalate". is the name my old girlfriend used to be known as on the street.

Her close friends called her "Ethel"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468