Excalibur MX7000 Lightbar wiring questions

Toasted

Registered Member
Hi all I tried finding the answers through other threads but i'm still a bit confused. The lightbar has 11 wires, one big one which I know is ground and 5 colored pairs. The pairs consist of one solid color and one with black dashes, are they all positives or do the black dashes signify ground? Also I'm going to use a battery charger to test it, should I use a fuse? If so what amp? The circuit boards inside make me nervous don't wanna fry anything. Thanks!
 

EHFD_Tower_751

Site Regular
The 5 pairs of wires are all positive.
Reds control outer rotators (all 4)
Blues can be center rotator (or speaker wires if center non rotator section)
White/black is sweeps
Plain white is ?? (I forget)
Amber with black is for takedowns
Solid amber ?? (Brain fart)
Yellows are alleys

If wiring has green, those are for strobes
 
OP
OP
T

Toasted

Registered Member
The 5 pairs of wires are all positive.
Reds control outer rotators (all 4)
Blues can be center rotator (or speaker wires if center non rotator section)
White/black is sweeps
Plain white is ?? (I forget)
Amber with black is for takedowns
Solid amber ?? (Brain fart)
Yellows are alleys

If wiring has green, those are for strobes

Thank you very much for the info, I greatly appreciate it. Should I put a fuse between the charger and it when testing? Thanks!
 
Last edited:

EHFD_Tower_751

Site Regular
Thank you very much for the info, I greatly appreciate it. Should I put a fuse between the charger and it when testing? Thanks!
I dont.....course i only just test my bars and options for no longer than 15 seconds normally
 

Jennifer Rose Towing

Established Member
When testing (short bursts to identify wiring) it is typically ok to not run a fuse. If holding the wires to the battery with just the pressure of your hand they will likely get warm/hot fast. If you are hardwiring I would use a fuse. If the wires get hot or you get a hot/burning smell, remove power rite away.
 
OP
OP
T

Toasted

Registered Member
When testing (short bursts to identify wiring) it is typically ok to not run a fuse. If holding the wires to the battery with just the pressure of your hand they will likely get warm/hot fast. If you are hardwiring I would use a fuse. If the wires get hot or you get a hot/burning smell, remove power rite away.
Thank you very much. I'm just testing it to sell. Thankfully all went well :)
 

jdh

Veteran Member
I would advise against using a battery charger. It can damage any electronics in the bar. I would highly suggest a battery.

OK my DUH. I just read you tested it already. In the future try not to use a battery charger. Especially on strobes or LED's
 

Online statistics

Members online
16
Guests online
177
Total visitors
193

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
46,641
Messages
414,401
Unanswered questions
8
Members
16,880
Latest member
kiss.b.3
Top Bottom