Feniex Apollo!

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Jared @ 911Lights said:
It's not an issue of cleared, it is a separate waterproof module that needs to be manufactured and tested.

Last I heard we looking at October/November for the external modules.

Is there any update regarding an exterior apollo surface mount light?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
As I have been saying, 1st quarter of next year. I highly doubted the October release claimed.

jsearles

Mar 11, 2011
Upstate NY
I love the concept. Its a sleek looking module. Just wish they were rated for exterior use... 180 degree visibility is awesome but seems limited for interior use.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
jsearles said:
I love the concept. Its a sleek looking module. Just wish they were rated for exterior use... 180 degree visibility is awesome but seems limited for interior use.

An exterior model is coming in Q1 of 2014.

agtkgv

May 23, 2010
MA
Make me a tri color b/r/w that I can choose all blue, all red, or a mix with all white for take down and I'll be on board.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
March is when we were told they would go into production... so... Hopefully March!

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
So, FEVER, I see you're taking pre-orders on the Apollo light bar. Any word on what vehicle-specific mounts, etc. will be available at launch?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
sheazle said:
So, FEVER, I see you're taking pre-orders on the Apollo light bar. Any word on what vehicle-specific mounts, etc. will be available at launch?

They are essentially going to be in the same frame as the pegasus and will have all the current mounts available.

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
Thanks.

I wish they had a split version for the F150. The single version fits well but the F150 windshield has a shaded area behind the mirror that obstructs the 2 center and half of the next 2 light heads.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
sheazle said:
Thanks.

I wish they had a split version for the F150. The single version fits well but the F150 windshield has a shaded area behind the mirror that obstructs the 2 center and half of the next 2 light heads.

They have been informed of this. I believe they are looking into this and a couple others.

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
FEVER said:
They have been informed of this. I believe they are looking into this and a couple others.

In that case let me know if/when they decide to release a split F-150 bar. I am a guaranteed sale. The poor off-axis warning and the heads being blocked by the shading are my basically only complaints about the pegasus bar.

emt.micah

Sep 6, 2012
Northwest Indiana
The Apollo 2X dash light would make a very slick small light stick, similar to the Cobra 200 when the metal flashback shield is removed. The metal frame that the 2 Apollo modules mount on is very sturdy. And the thumb screws on each end that hold the shield on could easily be used for the "metal coat hanger trick" that some guys are using.

There are lots of possibilities with the current Apollo products even before the "official" light sticks hit the market. I can see a good installer getting really creative with this.

2014-01-28_16-22-22_12.jpg

2014-01-28_16-23-08_940.jpg

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
emt.micah said:
The Apollo 2X dash light would make a very slick small light stick, similar to the Cobra 200 when the metal flashback shield is removed. The metal frame that the 2 Apollo modules mount on is very sturdy. And the thumb screws on each end that hold the shield on could easily be used for the "metal coat hanger trick" that some guys are using.

There are lots of possibilities with the current Apollo products even before the "official" light sticks hit the market. I can see a good installer getting really creative with this.

View attachment 68465

View attachment 68467

Thank you for sharing this! Are you able to PM me the dimensions of the Apollo as you have modded it? I think this may make a nice visor light... :undecided:

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
Do we know if the Apollo bar will have a dim or night mode feature? It's in the documentation for the earlier Pegasus bars but I guess that feature was scrapped.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
sheazle said:
Do we know if the Apollo bar will have a dim or night mode feature? It's in the documentation for the earlier Pegasus bars but I guess that feature was scrapped.

The current ones in testing do not... I dont think they were used often on the pegasus or the python series. Thats one of the reasons the feature was dropped on the cobra line.

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
FEVER said:
The current ones in testing do not... I dont think they were used often on the pegasus or the python series. Thats one of the reasons the feature was dropped on the cobra line.

That's too bad, it's an important feature for me, since today's LED bars/heads are SO FREAKING BRIGHT. Will there be a dumb bar option?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Like I said though. Rumors and guess are worthless. Feniex will tell us a little bit in here but you can't blame them for not giving us all of their info.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Based upon the current modules out. I don't consider the light to be blindingly bright. Is it bright? Of course but the light is so perfectly distributed that it's not a big issue compared to looking directly into the Pegasus straight on. This bar will have a completely different light spread.

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
FEVER said:
Based upon the current modules out. I don't consider the light to be blindingly bright. Is it bright? Of course but the light is so perfectly distributed that it's not a big issue compared to looking directly into the Pegasus straight on. This bar will have a completely different light spread.

That is something I had not considered. I'll just have to wait until they get some finished units out and post some videos. I'm really excited about this product, if the exterior single light head was out I would probably already own several of them.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
sheazle said:
if the exterior single light head was out I would probably already own several of them.

I think all of us would.

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
I purchased two Apollo F6's, I made the assumption there was a steady burn pattern. However, I can't seem to find it. Closest thing is a quick 2 flash then steady burn. Are there multiple models with different flash patterns?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
thekameleon said:
I purchased two Apollo F6's, I made the assumption there was a steady burn pattern. However, I can't seem to find it. Closest thing is a quick 2 flash then steady burn. Are there multiple models with different flash patterns?

That should be a triple flash to stead burn which is the brake pop. There are two modes. Each mode has the same patterns.

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
FEVER said:
That should be a triple flash to stead burn which is the brake pop. There are two modes. Each mode has the same patterns.

I don't want the brake pop, I just want steady so I can use my external flasher. I know about the two modes.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Dummy (steady burn) modules are usually recommended for using with external flashers.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
AutoDetailer said:
The next pattern after brake pop should be steady. Is it not?

Depends on the version f6 they have

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I had a mix if both with the interior version

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They also didn't go from mode to mode quick enough to use with external flashers

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.