Normal, IL
FEVER said:
I guess we know who is behind Outlet PSE lol

Nope! Just playing with iMovie that night :crazy:

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
FEVER said:
http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/new-seller-warning-equipment-49973/

back on topic... that video still is rough as far as true daytime output. If I can ever stop working I'll take some and have it compared to the cobra.

I'm still waiting for a day when it doesn't rain or storm and I'll do the comparison of the blue F6 vs the blue T6 at various angles and sunlight, etc... Mother Nature needs a snickers bar... this is crazy.

May 27, 2013
NY
FEVER said:
http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/new-seller-warning-equipment-49973/

back on topic... that video still is rough as far as true daytime output. If I can ever stop working I'll take some and have it compared to the cobra.
Cool I'm looking forward to that!

SirenWorld.com said:
I'm still waiting for a day when it doesn't rain or storm and I'll do the comparison of the blue F6 vs the blue T6 at various angles and sunlight, etc... Mother Nature needs a snickers bar... this is crazy.
What is the difference between an F6 and T6? Which does the Apollo come with?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
FollowingNFront said:
Cool I'm looking forward to that!

What is the difference between an F6 and T6? Which does the Apollo come with?

the Apollo F-6 is the Surface Mount Model

May 27, 2013
NY
FEVER said:
the Apollo F-6 is the Surface Mount Model

And the T6 is not surface mount? I saw a video where the T6 was brighter than F6. There must be different needs for each type of bulb. What are the T6's strongsuits when compared to the F6 and vice versa? Also.... What is the purpose/benefit of having a surface mount dash light?

Thanks

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
FollowingNFront said:
And the T6 is not surface mount? I saw a video where the T6 was brighter than F6. There must be different needs for each type of bulb. What are the T6's strongsuits when compared to the F6 and vice versa? Also.... What is the purpose/benefit of having a surface mount dash light?

Thanks

T6 is a surface mount. F6 is just the model name given to the Apollo surface mount.

They built the F6 for purposes of mounting to side windows, corner windows or any other place people can find enclosed to stuff them.

The T6 uses TIR optics which blows the F6 out as far as throw or punch (straight on lighting)

The F-6 uses optics that provide significantly better off axis lighting.

May 27, 2013
NY
FEVER said:
T6 is a surface mount. F6 is just the model name given to the Apollo surface mount.

They built the F6 for purposes of mounting to side windows, corner windows or any other place people can find enclosed to stuff them.

The T6 uses TIR optics which blows the F6 out as far as throw or punch (straight on lighting)

The F-6 uses optics that provide significantly better off axis lighting.

Thanks for the clarity. Waiting for daytime vids at different distances/angles. Id like to think that while not being the brightest, this light would still pack a decent amount of forward visibility or "punch".

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
FollowingNFront said:
Thanks for the clarity. Waiting for daytime vids at different distances/angles. Id like to think this light would still pack a decent amount of forqard visibility or "punch".

I hope to get those type videos (daytime, angles etc...) this weekend, of the F6.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
bluestinger90 said:
When does Feniex anticipate releasing the exterior surface mount apollo light heads?

You are better off not anticipating. You never know what issues might pop up and what may delay a release. Best bet is to just wait for it to get posted about an actual release date.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
NERT11 said:
No green planned with these?

at least not initially. It is usually the last color feniex will produce as they sell soooo little of them.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
This is really quick and dirty... I took a 2x, and removed one of the modules, and sat a T-6 in its place.

both are blue... both are on the same pattern.

I think it shows the off axis superiority of the Apollo in a couple of spots... the straight on though, I'm still kind of calling it a tie. Just my $0.02.

The videos don't do it justice...as always. My eyes: :stars:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

Towards the end of the video is a better depiction with all modules on steady burn (not on different unsynced patterns). These are white modules to show the Apollo take down module that will be available in the interior lightbar. Keep in mind the off axis in the takedown module will be fairly poor when matched with the others. They are more of a conical type optic it appears.

This video was also shot with a poor quality video camera. I believe the eLightbars reviewer will be doing an updated review of the Apollo/Cobra comparison in the coming weeks. Hopefully that review will better depict the difference.

That being said, this light fills a void for Feniex. The off-axis lighting is only matched by that of the interceptor and v-star (however, the vstar severly lacks in head on).

These lights will be the prime example of retailers and installers educating the customer. In my opinion a mix of these lights should be used on a car. Not just one or the other.

May 27, 2013
NY
FEVER said:
These lights will be the prime example of retailers and installers educating the customer. In my opinion a mix of these lights should be used on a car. Not just one or the other.

So basically 1 Apollo 2X and 1 Cobra 2X?

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just had an idea that's been keeping me up so I have to post it. Has there been any thought or consideration to a combination bar/dash light, where a mix of cobra and apollo lightheads are used to get the best of both worlds?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
NERT11 said:
I just had an idea that's been keeping me up so I have to post it. Has there been any thought or consideration to a combination bar/dash light, where a mix of cobra and apollo lightheads are used to get the best of both worlds?

Someone will undoubtably make something like that (****cough TRITONBOULDER cough****)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Also the difference in height.

Tim... you are the ELB frankenlight expert

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
FEVER said:

Don't talk about his frankenbar, he'll be inclined to post MORE pictures... AGAIN.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
RossBlitz said:
I'm looking for a B/W/A multi-color... and the only multi-color I can find are B/R/A? will this be configurable to my color specs? I'm excited!

Thanks,

-Ross

each apollo light head is capable of only two colors. If you have a dual head light you can have one do blue amber and the other do white amber if you so choose.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
FEVER said:

I was also going to mention the height difference, but I wasn't 100% on that...

This is true...

Jman423 said:
Don't talk about his frankenbar, he'll be inclined to post MORE pictures... AGAIN.

D*mnit JIMMAY!!! That is a completely different build!!! lol

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I tried to order a red/blue > amber demo unit but I guess they haven't had enough demand for that color combination. I'm not sure why they can't use one blue/amber and one red/amber module. I guess I just have to wait :(

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Those along with green are usually the last combinations they ever produce due to lack of demand. just reference the cannons.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
TritonBoulder47 said:
Not yet that I'm aware of... But maybe a dealer would know more for certain...

you are correct.

Knight90

May 28, 2010
Texas
Ok, the product sheet on their website was showing that they were weather proofed. Was hoping that they had finally got to that point.

smackjack21

Aug 22, 2012
Upstate NY
Per the Feniex Youtube account:

"Published on Oct 14, 2013

Apollo Interior Lightbar quick clip. Dual Color Red/White. The first pre-production unit."

public release cant be too far out at this point, right?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
smackjack21 said:
Per the Feniex Youtube account:

"Published on Oct 14, 2013

Apollo Interior Lightbar quick clip. Dual Color Red/White. The first pre-production unit."

public release cant be too far out at this point, right?

Yes it can still be a few months out. It's gotta go through testing, modifications, testing and maybe more modifications. They will not release this thing until they are 100% satisfied. Even if that means pushing it off some.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.