Feniex Apollo!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

I want to know your thoughts and opinions.

I personally think if they can expand that light head to make it a light stick it would be incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
bluestinger90 said:
What is the size of the lighthead compared to the current t6 tir light head? I would love some linear lights if they can make them that short.

These look to be about the size of the whelen TIR3... a little fatter and shorter than the T-6. The size of those optics look like it would make it very hard to be the size of the T-6

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Super f%$*!^g stoked, this looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
They stick out more than the Cobra series because they have to provide light at 180°.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
For all the naysayers that have had the argument of "Feniex has nothing different from any other manufacturer," here's your answer. Feniex now has a product line that is different from all the others in the industry. It sets them apart. Obviously, this new series will need exhaustive testing (both in the factory and in real world applications). Those of us dealers/distributors who have been with Feniex since its infancy and through all the good and bad, I think, will finally have something to hang our hat on and that sets the brand distinctly apart from the others.

As a Feniex Master Distributor, I'm looking forward to offering the Apollo series to our customers. :thumbsup:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
FreshDave04 said:
For all the naysayers that have had the argument of "Feniex has nothing different from any other manufacturer," here's your answer. Feniex now has a product line that is different from all the others in the industry. It sets them apart. Obviously, this new series will need exhaustive testing (both in the factory and in real world applications). Those of us dealers/distributors who have been with Feniex since its infancy and through all the good and bad, I think, will finally have something to hang our hat on and that sets the brand distinctly apart from the others.

As a Feniex Master Distributor, I'm looking forward to offering the Apollo series to our customers. :thumbsup:

If Feniex wants to donate lighting to me, I would be more than happy to make my vehicle a Feniex Demo Vehicle!!!! Available for appearances and to use in actual responses!!!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Kd8bao said:
In the video they said it will be a stick also as well as independent heads, dash, deck, interior, exterior.

but i want to see one of these lights in a housing that is simply elongated and still has the curved glass on the side to give 180 degree optics. that would set them so far ahead of everyone else it would be unreal.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Hmmm....a dual color SOS Pinnacle...

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Not a naysayer...that is very similar to SOS's Fusion optics. Just saying. SOS now uses a new version called Fusion Boost. I thought the older Fusion did a good job at giving wide angle viewing, but it could be better with regards to consistently filling in the light module at all angles.

And while Feniex has some strong products and very fair pricing, I'm still seeing a limited product line that with a couple of exceptions, is very basic and mimics what everyone else has been doing. Some things they are doing better, and they are very bright. But FedSig beat them to the multi-color market for interior bars and sticks. SOS beat them for grille/deck/dash/surface/recess multi-color products. So, not sure how set apart they really are, nor if their product line is truly a complete one. I love the Cannon, and am impressed with their Python and Cobra products. I was only mildly happy with my Pegasus experience, but much of that was customer service related and being unhappy about fit and bracketry.

I do like where they are headed.

Edited to add...

You have to understand some of the initial skepticism regarding Feniex. They announced their company early and it took a long time before they actually produced anything. Their intro pricing was so low, it screamed CHINESE. Details were slim, contacting them was difficult, their initial email server didn't work (I was in contact with their marketing rep and she never could get an email to me), and the idea of an upstart actually being Made in the USA was deemed to be a generous stretching of the term. And, of course, there's the whole Julean/Axixtech/Lightning X experience that preceded them. You know, the latest/greatest, just as good as, cheap but awesome fanboy club. That product line sucked in the beginning and many (me included) got burnt.

So, I'm glad they are managing to become a reputable manufacturer of well designed, USA-made products. It can only improve the industry.

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
C2Installs said:
Not a naysayer...that is very similar to SOS's Fusion optics. Just saying. SOS now uses a new version called Fusion Boost. I thought the older Fusion did a good job at giving wide angle viewing, but it could be better with regards to consistently filling in the light module at all angles.

And while Feniex has some strong products and very fair pricing, I'm still seeing a limited product line that with a couple of exceptions, is very basic and mimics what everyone else has been doing. Some things they are doing better, and they are very bright. But FedSig beat them to the multi-color market for interior bars and sticks. SOS beat them for grille/deck/dash/surface/recess multi-color products. So, not sure how set apart they really are, nor if their product line is truly a complete one. I love the Cannon, and am impressed with their Python and Cobra products. I was only mildly happy with my Pegasus experience, but much of that was customer service related and being unhappy about fit and bracketry.

I do like where they are headed.

Edited to add...

You have to understand some of the initial skepticism regarding Feniex. They announced their company early and it took a long time before they actually produced anything. Their intro pricing was so low, it screamed CHINESE. Details were slim, contacting them was difficult, their initial email server didn't work (I was in contact with their marketing rep and she never could get an email to me), and the idea of an upstart actually being Made in the USA was deemed to be a generous stretching of the term. And, of course, there's the whole Julean/Axixtech/Lightning X experience that preceded them. You know, the latest/greatest, just as good as, cheap but awesome fanboy club. That product line sucked in the beginning and many (me included) got burnt.

So, I'm glad they are managing to become a reputable manufacturer of well designed, USA-made products. It can only improve the industry.

C2Installs, we are a small young company doing the best we can in a very short amount of time.

-Gary

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Feniex has some great products. Hard to believe such decent product spawned from STL.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Feniex said:
C2Installs, we are a small young company doing the best we can in a very short amount of time.

-Gary

Gary,

Understood. Was not trying to knock you. Just explaining why some, myself included, were hesitant to jump on your bandwagon early on. We are in an age where anyone can import and re-brand LED products. I commend you for doing something better. Also, I simply didn't agree with the post that stated your product line was set apart from others. That would be Rontan, perhaps, and set apart is not necessarily a good thing. I think your product line, modest as it currently is, hits the core needs of the industry. And each of your lighting products has a very similar competing product within other makers's lines. If the Cannon is an indication of where you are headed, then I am very encouraged.

-Matt

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Kind of wishing that I would've waited to buy my Avatar now depending on when this gets released... That being said... Woooo I can't wait! :crazy:

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
What's noteworthy is the numerous comparisons to the Fusion technology employed by SoundOff Signal. Correct me if I'm wrong: didn't Feniex recruit a number of SOS engineers into their fold? If true, it shouldn't be that surprising that similar LED technology was bound to appear.

Perhaps this is a bit early to speculate, will there be a full-sized lightbar utilizing the Apollo modules? That'd be a good indication if there'll be a 6-diode lighthead in addition to the 3-diode version shown in the teaser.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I'm still trying to figure out why people insist on having linear lights in a lightbar...isn't the whole point of the bar to provide 360 degree coverage? Why would you sacrifice the TIR output, when you don't even need the linear capabilities?

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
bluestinger90 said:
Why not just make lightbars with only super narrow take down optics? Insane intensity from 5 miles away! :p

So you mean a mirror on a servo that adjusts the mirror angle so the sun always shines forward? :haha: Obviously a clear-sky daytime only bar. :(

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
This could be the product that puts Feniex with Whelen and SOS and other "top dogs" of the business. Keyword: could. Whelen has the longstanding which is hard to compete, but you can't deny that Feniex has been putting out quality items and if they have issues, they are QUICK to jump on the problem. I don't own Feniex products, nor do I own Whelen products. However, my dept. only runs Whelens on our apparatus, and I have seen plenty of Feniex on on dept. squads and we have some on our town's police squad.

I'm not going to jump the gun, but this kind of innovation COULD start something new in lighting. Problem is, it has to work first, and then last long.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I can't wait to see an application video of these suckers. I've been contemplating adding some surface-mounts and these would definitely fit the bill.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
JPolston said:
I'm not going to jump the gun, but this kind of innovation COULD start something new in lighting. Problem is, it has to work first, and then last long.

Innovation? Where? Did you see my post from earlier and others after I pointed something out? This "idea" is nothing new, and looks quite familiar.. This "idea" has been around since the early 1800's. Go look at a lighthouse.

Now, I will say its nice to see this idea being used/continued (re the idea in general and SOS's previous use of it) .. I always thought it was a excellent idea, however we cannot even credit SOS with it- got to go back to the old school days and credit Georges-Louis Leclerc and Augustin-Jean Fresnel.

More info: Fresnel lens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
I don't think he meant the product was something new in terms of design, which it is not. Rather I believe he meant feniex is creating more and more products and in turn is making feniex a contender amongst established competitors.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
unlisted said:
Innovation? Where? Did you see my post from earlier and others after I pointed something out? This "idea" is nothing new, and looks quite familiar.. This "idea" has been around since the early 1800's. Go look at a lighthouse.

Now, I will say its nice to see this idea being used/continued (re the idea in general and SOS's previous use of it) .. I always thought it was a excellent idea, however we cannot even credit SOS with it- got to go back to the old school days and credit Georges-Louis Leclerc and Augustin-Jean Fresnel.

More info: Fresnel lens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There has beenno innovation in this industryfor years. It is simply aall just improvements on existing ideas.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
If you take the lens off of a Whelen TIR 400 series, linear 6,7 0r 900 series light head....they are very close (optic)...at least from what you see in the short video...

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
emtanderson51 said:
If you take the lens off of a Whelen TIR 400 series, linear 6,7 0r 900 series light head....they are very close (optic)...at least from what you see in the short video...

You beat me to that. In the one video Alex mentions that they're in development of the 7x9 3x7 and 4x3 lights too... Could it mean that the days of Whelen charging $200 a lightheaded are numbered?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jamey@NNE said:
Doubt it will effect whelen prices since rontan ones are cheaper already.

Yeah but you are talking about Rontan. :rolleyes:

Prices aside... will be interesting to see how they look when they are released.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
FEVER said:
Yeah but you are talking about Rontan. :rolleyes:

Prices aside... will be interesting to see how they look when they are released.

You would be supprised with them...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to what they come out with. Hopefully a taller bar with these modules too!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jamey@NNE said:
You would be supprised with them...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to what they come out with. Hopefully a taller bar with these modules too!

got railed on a winglux by rontan... no support nothing. Bad taste in my mouth and will hold a grudge for a while.

I'm pretty sure we will be seeing quite a few new products from feniex over the next few months. I'm sure they will continue to turn heads.

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
First, Nic, I agree. If that light can be made as modular as their other product, it would indeed make a great lightstick. My only concern is that there teaser is animation, only. If a company is ready to announce a new product, then in today's cyber-world, let's see a "live" demo, even if it is only a :30 YouTube clip. It's the same thing with Whelen, FS, Carson, etc. when they developed new tones for the sirens. They put modulated live clips on their web sites. Both FS and Whelen did it with the Rumblr, too. No one would have had any interest if all they had advertised was, "Remember the feel from 'SENSU-ROUND' when you saw the movie, 'Earthquake,?" Though they both operate on the same similar basis of low bass signals.

Let's see their new promo when they go live!

Steve

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.