Feniex Bracket and Suction Cup Failures

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
Bring back an old thread here, but don't want to start a new one about the same topic.

I put an Apollo 2x in my girlfriend new fusion and it held for a few months and now, two suction cups separated from the light head and were actually melted to the window around the edges. I had to use a razor blade to remove them.

Anyone else have this issue? or should I contact Feniex about it?

Thanks,

Brendan

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Anyone else have this issue? or should I contact Feniex about it?

Thanks,

Brendan
I havn't had any complaints about the apollo suction cups in Florida

should I contact Feniex about it?

Always contact feniex if you have an issue. They are more than helpful and willing to take care of problems. 

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
I havn't had any complaints about the apollo suction cups in Florida

should I contact Feniex about it?

Always contact feniex if you have an issue. They are more than helpful and willing to take care of problems. 
I've heard nothing but good things about them on here and that is why I was surprised when it failed. I may just fix it myself. I have dealt with Feniex support a few times before and I am very happy with them. I give em a call before I do anything.

Reactions: Carlos SpicyWeiner

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I posted a wanted add for new feniex suction cups. ive had two fail... some dealer pmed me saying hed call me to discuss the problem with me and then never did.

the cup works real well. the other two seem to be dry rotting around the edges and I have them suctioned to 20%tint so they aren't in direct sunlight....

id like to try these new ones if they are the same screw on mount. If I had room for a headliner mount id try that option but my lil kia has a very sharp angle and no real mounting space unless I want the light behind my head.... :crazy:
so after they fell off a few times I notice it held real well... now I see why.

fail.jpg

no, those aren't round dead bugs....

that's where I had to pry the cups off the Python 2x from the window when I did the new install...

Reactions: Brendan11

rescue141x

Jul 17, 2014
New York, USA
Does anyone own a iOttie Easy Touch Car Mount for cell phones? It has the locking lever with a super sticky gel pad. I had it on my car to hold my Galaxy so I could use it as a GPS. I just traded it in my car for a truck last week and I went to take it off the windshield and holy crap it took me about 5 minutes to finally pry it off. I always had good luck with suction cups that had the locking lever. I bet if you used one suction cup for each side with a locking lever and maybe a sticky pad that wasn't that strong, you could have great results. I wish someone had a video of me trying to pull that baby off because it would not budge.

Blackhawk10

May 3, 2011
Illinois
Maybe someone can tell me with regard to the headliner bracket... (and yes I searched and this is the thread that came up...) does it simply just slip into the top of the windshield between the ceiling and glass and then the weight of the unit holds it in place, or is there a way to secure it? I've always been afraid of turning or cornering with it and having the unit slide (I have a Cobra 1x) but the suction cup mounts are not sticking well to the new truck because of where I have it mounted. Just wanted to see if I had to secure it or if anyone could tell me if it was solid and would stay put before I dropped the money on it.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I had a Feniex Python 2X with the headliner bracket in my old Civic...  All i did was slip it between the headliner and the roof skin and it held solid...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Really depends on the vehicle. Most of the time we modify ours so that we can make them more permanent by bolting or tightening down under a headliner mount if possible

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I just put a Cobra 2X in a Cherokee. I used a dremel and cut out a portion so that it would fit under the visor bracket. 

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
I too, have been having a problem with keeping my Feniex 2X mounted on my windshield, as I too am using the supplied suction cups. Moreover, my SUV is a lease, so I can do as I want, as long as I do not alter/attach to the main wiring as long as I pickup hear from another device or a "Master Connection." No drilled holes, no staples, etc.
So, what I am looking are ideas from those of you who mount lights and even my Cobra radar detector, on the windshield. It needs to be "plug & play." My biggest problem as I had a much better system in my previously leased Honda Pilot. Everything seemed to stay either wherever we placed it.
BTW - I'm in northwest Broward County. At this time of the year, the sun is nearly untenable. Unless one park's under a covered lot (about 0.000005% chance) you car cooks in the daily heat.
I do have two spare drives if needed. Unfortunately, the directions make it appear less complicated than it really is. I thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions.
Thanks very much,
DalmatProd

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
My friends have a small shop and we made some brackets for some side and rear windows. It uses two sided tape I got the idea from when I had some older Tomar lights and where the suction cups went I flattened out the brackets and used two sided tape and I never had an issue until I removed the lights. Sometimes you just need to get a bit creative.

I think it is great that Feniex looks for input here. Now if they would just make the 3 mode Cannons compatible with an external flasher. IMG_6155.JPG IMG_6162.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6161.JPG
    IMG_6161.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.