Feniex Cannon LED Hide-a-way!

Q2bman

Jan 27, 2012
USA oklahoma
So are they brighter mounting them in the factory bulb location than the fairy mounted in a drilled hole? They hit the reflector correctly? The brake light mode doesn't seem to have a park light function for those of us with only one Set of STT lamps.

Very cool looking tho. Oh hey also, say you get red/red in a brake light. Can you make it flash all 12 leds on warning mode at the same time? Or is one set of red mode one and the other mode two?

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Q2bman said:
So are they brighter mounting them in the factory bulb location than the fairy mounted in a drilled hole? They hit the reflector correctly? The brake light mode doesn't seem to have a park light function for those of us with only one Set of STT lamps.
Very cool looking tho. Oh hey also, say you get red/red in a brake light. Can you make it flash all 12 leds on warning mode at the same time? Or is one set of red mode one and the other mode two?

Yes you can set a pattern to flash all 12 if you have all red. Just all 12 cannot steady burn due to heatsink.

Feb 2, 2012
Mineola NY
FEVER said:
Gentlemen, I can't explain how excited I am for next week to come. Im more excited about using them on my car then I am about selling them lol

@ Fever, I have to agree with you, I am even more excited to outfit my demo vehicle. hahaha

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Video looks good. How far do they stick out into the actual reflector itself? I think they would be much more effective if they actually stuck out into the light like the stock bulbs do. Cant tell though, but it looks like they are pretty flush with the hole based on the video. Looks good though.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
theroofable said:
Video looks good. How far do they stick out into the actual reflector itself? I think they would be much more effective if they actually stuck out into the light like the stock bulbs do. Cant tell though, but it looks like they are pretty flush with the hole based on the video. Looks good though.

I think that is ultimately going to be reliant upon the design of the lamp you are putting them into.

Q2bman

Jan 27, 2012
USA oklahoma
Strobesnmore said:
When you get them can you make a video in the daylight so we can really see the output. The other videos a bit distorted as they are so close to the lights. Thanks

I agree. Great video but everything looks bright in that environment. Also, how about a feniex fairy / cannon side by side video! Installed of coarse. Not that I've seen a fairy in person either.

Ps. Louis those stars are sweet.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
FEVER said:
I think that is ultimately going to be reliant upon the design of the lamp you are putting them into.
It depends on how it mounts, what does this attach to? Does it replace a standard style or number of light, or do you still need to screw it in? Can you post some pictures (when available) of the depth of the light. Im not sure what it actually attaches to, the plug where the bulb goes, or some other type of mounting? It didnt look like it was screwed in for the video, just wondering what holds it.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
theroofable said:
It depends on how it mounts, what does this attach to? Does it replace a standard style or number of light, or do you still need to screw it in? Can you post some pictures (when available) of the depth of the light. Im not sure what it actually attaches to, the plug where the bulb goes, or some other type of mounting? It didnt look like it was screwed in for the video, just wondering what holds it.

They dont screw in. They mount like every other LAW. They will come with a gasket that is double sided adhesive that is supposed to be strong, however; it is recommended to silicone the back side to also help insure a good seal. IF you don't mind drilling u can mount them with the flange to the housing but to me that defeats the purpose

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
TOMMY LIKEY!!!

ai50.tinypic.com_2ltkh8y.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
If Feniex wants a review I could always use a "free set"!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I was on the Feniex site last night around midnight and the Cannon was listed under hideaways... for about 10 minutes... and then it went away... I didn't look at the price!! I checked a little later and it was gone again... I've been kicking myself ever since!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
SirenWorld.com said:
I was on the Feniex site last night around midnight and the Cannon was listed under hideaways... for about 10 minutes... and then it went away... I didn't look at the price!! I checked a little later and it was gone again... I've been kicking myself ever since!

Don't worry, it probably only defaulted at $0.00

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Of course this comes out once I'm happy with my install and totally solves one issue I had, loosing the bed lights for the center stop light.

Hmmmm....

Dual white/blue in reverse and bed light spots. Blue synced, white hooked up to reverse trigger and bed light trigger, and in bed led light switch.

Red in tail lights and center stop light.

Amber/blue or clear in front turns.

Oh the possibilities

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
So.. these are meant to replace the OEM bulbs? I'm assuming this depends on the vehicle.. Any idea how they might work in the taillight assembly of a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon?? :popcorn: :woohoo:

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
I thought i saw some where it said that the Cannon is designed to replace single filament bulbs only, i.e. dedicated turn signals, hazards or secondary brake lights. So if i wanted to replace a dual filament bulb (S/T/T) with a cannon, could i use a inline resistor to dim the light then once the brake or turn signal is activated it would flash brighter? Or is this not recommended. Seeing the pic of the taillights of the Tahoe on Responderpse's website leads me to believe its do able since they replaced a dual filament bulb with a Cannon. If this question has already been answered for give me i would just like a detailed answer is some could :D Thanks

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_6__89748135951093612801280_zps3f25bb2a.jpg

Feb 2, 2012
Mineola NY
Everyone at VecTecLighting is excited to announce the Official Price of the Feniex Industries Cannon HAW. The Feniex Cannon HAW will be $66.00!! It is currently available on our website but will not ship out until next week. Call the office or email us for any questions or concerns. 516-307-1622 or Mvecchione@VecTecLighting.com

Feniex Cannon Hide-A-Way

Features:

- 5 year warranty

- Voltage: 9-15 VDC

- Includes 6 feet of cable

- 12, 4-watt LEDs per bulb

- Includes surface mount flange

- Dual/Multi-color options available

- Features more than 15 flash patterns

- Capable of replace OEM housing bulb

- Dimensions of bulb: 1" H with 1.5" base

- In-line driver allows for simple installation

- Lens designed for optimal light distribution

- Integrates into vehicles OEM wiring system

- Aluminum base with advanced thermal management

- Free of radio frequency or electric magnetic interference

- Capable of synchronizing and alternating with multiple units

Check out the Feniex Industries Cannon Hide-A-Way on our Website!!

Feniex Cannon Hide-A-Way

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Strobesnmore said:
So are these DOT approved if they are a direct factory replacement?
I doubt it, it would be a major selling point otherwise and would have been explicitly stated.

What I'd like to know is how are you supposed to secure it into the OEM hole? I don't see any twist lock options and I don't consider drilling screw holes to be an "OEM replacement". I definitely wouldn't trust the double-sided foam tape gasket to hold it in place either.

Regardless I'm excited to get some. My vehicles have older style lenses with fluted optics which should do well with a direct lightbeam like these as the lens does a lot of scattering. Multifaceted reflectors with transparent lenses I can't see doing well with this in an OEM location, there is no depth to reach the reflector's focal point.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Solvarex said:
I doubt it, it would be a major selling point otherwise and would have been explicitly stated.

What I'd like to know is how are you supposed to secure it into the OEM hole? I don't see any twist lock options and I don't consider drilling screw holes to be an "OEM replacement". I definitely wouldn't trust the double-sided foam tape gasket to hold it in place either.

Regardless I'm excited to get some. My vehicles have older style lenses with fluted optics which should do well with a direct lightbeam like these as the lens does a lot of scattering. Multifaceted reflectors with transparent lenses I can't see doing well with this in an OEM location, there is no depth to reach the reflector's focal point.

they are claming tha tthe foam tape shoudl suffice, however; I ALWAYS silicone the back side of my laws in lamps anyways so it's not an issue for me.

Q2bman

Jan 27, 2012
USA oklahoma
So if you use mode 2 for a white reverse light and mode 1 is warning pattern in say red. Can you still flash red and white together? I don't see stated anywhere. I would assume you can set mode 1 to flash both colors alternately and mode two

to a single color??

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Q2bman said:
So if you use mode 2 for a white reverse light and mode 1 is warning pattern in say red. Can you still flash red and white together? I don't see stated anywhere. I would assume you can set mode 1 to flash both colors alternately and mode two
to a single color??

from what I am understanding... however, mode 2 will always over ride mode 1

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
FEVER said:
from what I am understanding... however, mode 2 will always over ride mode 1

If I remember correctly, I think the pattern of the warning mode is what would dictate the use of both colors in the warning mode, so if that is the case... yes, you can still use both colors for warning while using mode 1 for stop, tail, turn, or reverse lighting. The priority would be dictated by the setup... Brake should be the highest priority, but reverse or tail would (normally) be the lower priority to warning modes.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.