Feniex Cannon LED Hide-a-way!

Q2bman

Jan 27, 2012
USA oklahoma
Got some feniex product from FEVER. Great guy gave me a great deal. The other stuff isn't in the box I guess it's backordered but I got to play with a red cannon and a blu double cobra t6. Very nice products. Great light output. The cannon is absolutely amazing! I fired it up and it blew me away. I placed it into a crown Vic tail light assembly and was very happy with the output. It looks great. Its the best led hideaway I have seen thus far. I shot a video showing the light in the factory bulb hole and then in the hole my strobes were located. I can't wait to get these badboys installed in my new car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Welcome to the Feniex family! There's no going back

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
strobecrazy said:
Do the solid colored Canons come with 2 modes like the split heads? Just wondering since I have only seen the split heads.

yes... they will still have two modes so u can have each mode do a different flash patter/function

Feb 12, 2013
Pasadena, CA
Has anyone had trouble making the brake light flash then steady function work?

Thank you for any input guys.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yeah... you can't have it as a secondary input as the other input will override it. Feniex made it impossible for the installer to screw that up and have someone counting on the brake flash to be over rode by a warning pattern.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
FEVER said:
Yeah... you can't have it as a secondary input as the other input will override it. Feniex made it impossible for the installer to screw that up and have someone counting on the brake flash to be over rode by a warning pattern.

Challenge accepted. You created an idiot proof product, I'll find a better idiot!

In all seriousness, these things are awesome and now that I'm done paying from my eQ2B from Steve, I can start saving for a set of cannons from some lucky dealer on here!

Feb 12, 2013
Pasadena, CA
Still can't locate brake light flickr flash then solid.... Anyone else having this trouble? Feniex support hasn't been able to answer my question after talking to three people...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
FoothillCommunications said:
Still can't locate brake light flickr flash then solid.... Anyone else having this trouble? Feniex support hasn't been able to answer my question after talking to three people...

On the Mode 2 Input wire (yellow) change the pattern until you get to where all 12 leds are steady on (this is flash pattern one). Then cycle the flash pattern twice (to flash pattern3) and that should be your brake pattern.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
blulytes said:
are there different flash patterns on Mode 2 (yellow) vs mode 1 (red)?

No... the only difference will be the brake mode being on mode two (triple flash then steady on)

It might very well be on mode one but I never use it because if you are using it for brake warning it should be on mode 2 as it overrides mode 1

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
FoothillCommunications said:

I am having the same problem. I've gone through all the patterns with both mode wires and wasn't able to locate it. I don't know if FEVER can confirm this but I'm suspecting this flash pattern was dropped on lot Y-2013. As it's no longer listed on the Feniex website.

Sucks, this was the only reason I purchased them. I wanted to install them in my PI Utility.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
Just got my all blue cannons and they look great. One thing that was odd and somewhat disappointing, is that the instructions on the packaging shows three modes (red, yellow and green wires) as opposed to two (red and yellow wires). it would be nice to be consistent, its kind of a let down. I am thinking of replacing my parking/turn signal bulbs with a white/amber cannon and I could see three phases be used there (1 parking, 2 turn signal, 3 warn).

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I had the same issue this week with a customer asking because one Cannon he had did the brake flicker, and one didn't...

Feniex had to remove the brake flicker pattern because of a patent on the functionality of the flash with the brake. Older Cannon's have it... newer ones don't.

I also got the newer product packaging showing the three modes, but that hasn't been released yet.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
SirenWorld.com said:
I had the same issue this week with a customer asking because one Cannon he had did the brake flicker, and one didn't...

Feniex had to remove the brake flicker pattern because of a patent on the functionality of the flash with the brake. Older Cannon's have it... newer ones don't.

I also got the newer product packaging showing the three modes, but that hasn't been released yet.

This is stuff I wish they would notify us on. I spend hours talking to customers not my rep I just send him pos.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Jamey@NNE said:
This is stuff I wish they would notify us on. I spend hours talking to customers not my rep I just send him pos.

I've come to realize that the best way to stay up-to-date on all the latest and greatest with Feniex is to talk to my rep a few times a week. I call him about 2 or 3 times a week to see what's going on as well as to tie up any loose ends, and resolve any issues :thumbsup:

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Tom said:
I've come to realize that the best way to stay up-to-date on all the latest and greatest with Feniex is to talk to my rep a few times a week. I call him about 2 or 3 times a week to see what's going on as well as to tie up any loose ends, and resolve any issues :thumbsup:

Imo that shouldnt be required to sell products. I sell alot of stuff and I get a ton of emails daily on product updates, recalls ect.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Jamey@NNE said:
Imo that shouldnt be required to sell products. I sell alot of stuff and I get a ton of emails daily on product updates, recalls ect.

I agree with this, more so if you are a legit dealer. New info should be pushed out to vendors, vendors should not have to go seeking it.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
AutoDetailer said:
While on this subject... Pick some damn screws and stick with them guys... Anyone else feel this way?

Well there were some complaints about some of the screws so they changed them. Damn them for thinking they can make everyone happy. :duh:

I know they had some that were only meant for the surface mount flange and then people wanted some to attach the light heads to the housings themselves. Some of the screws werent right for that function so they had to make a switch.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
unlisted said:
I agree with this, more so if you are a legit dealer. New info should be pushed out to vendors, vendors should not have to go seeking it.

They shouldn't have to, but if that's what it takes to get the most current and reliable information for my customers, then that's what I am willing to do as a vendor. Aside from that, a good relationship with your rep is always a great thing! :)

I agree although I have had a few with mixed matched screws. I just can't imagine it would be that hard to pick some that work for everything. I think I have counted three different types in my case order I just had shipped. I have plenty of extras but it seems like my customers don't have that luxury. Just hoping Feniex gets one set eventually.

FEVER said:
Well there were some complaints about some of the screws so they changed them. Damn them for thinking they can make everyone happy. :duh:

I know they had some that were only meant for the surface mount flange and then people wanted some to attach the light heads to the housings themselves. Some of the screws werent right for that function so they had to make a switch.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
AutoDetailer said:
I agree although I have had a few with mixed matched screws. I just can't imagine it would be that hard to pick some that work for everything. I think I have counted three different types in my case order I just had shipped. I have plenty of extras but it seems like my customers don't have that luxury. Just hoping Feniex gets one set eventually.

Just me... but sounds more like a reason to call the account manager. Not sure what posting here does. I know other major manufacturers send nasty grams like this. Just heard of a whelen dealer getting threatened over something that happened here.

FEVER said:
Just me... but sounds more like a reason to call the account manager. Not sure what posting here does. I know other major manufacturers send nasty grams like this. Just heard of a whelen dealer getting threatened over something that happened here.

PM'd you. Posted above info here information purposes.

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
Jamey@NNE said:

So Feniex has not released their 3 mode cannons, cool, but when are they going to release it? Can they at least give us a general idea?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
thekameleon said:
So Feniex has not released their 3 mode cannons, cool, but when are they going to release it? Can they at least give us a general idea?

I've recently been told it will be an ETA of Q1 2014. I am very much looking forward to it so I can do some OEM replacements.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
SireLite said:
Here's a strange request. Can someone show me a picture of a cannon next to a H3 bulb. I've got some H3 spot lights I'd like to mount some cannons in. :crazy:

You can do that, but you'll have to drill out the mounting flange that the H3 bulb sits on... I've done this with a couple different aftermarket Fog-Light housings...

This is what the light looked like stock:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Emergency_20Light09a91776e7e7851f597a5ec69fff6411.jpg

Drilled out to accept the LED HAW:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Emergency_20Light05740dc88c439236e3df1750f9c86407.jpg

LED HAW installed: (its a Feniex Fairy, but should still work the same)

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Emergency_20Lightc78a17575f701ce9ba69aae443891b2c.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Emergency_20Light22499effd3124f75e538bb74afadddac.jpg

There are a couple more examples here: Feniex Fairy Fun Photos by tritontim47 | Photobucket

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Would ground sided switching have any negative impact on Cannons? I'm thinking of using a NC relay on the ground side so I can disable any flashing white when I want to while still having everything hooked up to a positive side flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.