Joe Dorgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
Just some of the items Joe Dorgan ripped me off for with just a hot check and bad IOU. This has been going on now for over two years.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 77

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
I just received a long email from, because I told I was coming to collect with my attorney and we would see him in court Oct 3. He says he is getting back on his feet and intends to pay every one back. Do we believe him?

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
Today is his court date with me. He's already got it postponed 3 other times.
You should be able to catch him in the courtroom if he doesn't have another failure to appear.

Reactions: Tony P

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
He was a no-show, again.

Citation/Agency Case Number
Count Violation/Description DV Charge Class Disposition
2016-39 001: Filed 13-1807A.MI: ISSUING A BAD CHECK N M1 Failure to appear on criminal offense; warrant

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
"He was a no-show, again"

So much for his wanting to turn over a new leaf and getting victims taken care of.

Too bad, I had high hopes he would start living up to his dad's legacy.

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
He finally showed up in court yesterday to plead "guilty". He's been saying recently that he's done wrong. Now to see if we can all get our $$$$ back.

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
He finally sent me a long email 2 weeks ago and said he was very sorry and please just be patient, he will pay everyone back but it may be some time. ( lol)

ihawk87

Feb 25, 2017
iowa
Sorry to bring back an old thread, I have been watching this for sometime because Joe had a siren of mine. His communication had not been great. But......he contacted me a few weeks ago and said it was done. He shipped it to me last week.

Attachments

• Siren.jpg
    Siren.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 48

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
The "New and Improved" Joe Dorgan, as he stated in the SPAAMFFA Silver Trumpet Newsletter, doesn't seem to have changes his ways. He has not paid anything since being court ordered to pay restitution for a hot check at his trial in October 2016.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
So when Joe gets the heat and winds up in the clink for a while with all these bad business deals and crap, what the hell's gonna happen to all the stuff his father worked so hard in gathering for restos over the many years he was alive? That part should make any collector sick.....and I don't think John would tolerate this for one damn second if he was still around.

Still miss that guy :(.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
So when Joe gets the heat and winds up in the clink for a while with all these bad business deals and crap, what the hell's gonna happen to all the stuff his father worked so hard in gathering for restos over the many years he was alive? That part should make any collector sick.....and I don't think John would tolerate this for one damn second if he was still around.

Still miss that guy :(.
As long as he is only facing civil actions he will never go to jail. Thats all about him paying up or ignoring the order(s) to pay. The only way he will ever get locked up is if someone files a criminal action against him. The fact that he has failed to return certain items to the rightful owner(s) should easily constitute crimes within the "theft" categories of any state crimes code. His holding onto items and failing to return them after an ample amount of time should constitute a criminal offense or offenses. But it will take atleast one victim to pursue it and a receptive LE agency to pursue it. You cant hold someones item for years without that becoming a criminal offense. And it appears thats what he has done to a few.

Reactions: CrownVic97

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Chris OC

May 31, 2017
Tennessee
Well gang, it would seem I am the latest victim of Joe Dorgan. I sent him a siren to restore along with a check for the restoration cost. I have been attempting to reach him with no luck, I'm about $500.00 in thus far. Is there a District Attorney I can contact and a case number I can refer to, so I might add my name to the list?

Last edited:

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
As far as I know no one has ever pursued criminal charges against him, and thats too bad. He had some civil actions taken against him but I know most of the time he failed to show up for the court case, so as usual the courts keep letting him slide on by, and do their reschedule thing, until the next time when he doesnt appear. One big game and the victims keep loosing.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
One big game and the victims keep loosing.

Until that one day a bunch of members from ELB and from the emergency vehicle collector community file a class action lawsuit for fraud and theft. Can't really weasel out of it then, and the piper WILL be paid, one way or another.

Congrats, Joe. All the hard work your father did for the community he loved and in turn, respected him, and you drove it straight into the damn ground.......

Chris OC

May 31, 2017
Tennessee
Until that one day a bunch of members from ELB and from the emergency vehicle collector community file a class action lawsuit for fraud and theft. Can't really weasel out of it then, and the piper WILL be paid, one way or another.

Congrats, Joe. All the hard work your father did for the community he loved and in turn, respected him, and you drove it straight into the damn ground.......

One thing I am going to look into is see if there is a case for Mail Fraud. Might not hurt as this activity crosses state lines thus falling into Federal jurisdiction.

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
Well gang, it would seem I am the latest victim of Joe Dorgan. I sent him a siren to restore along with a check for the restoration cost. I have been attempting to reach him with no luck, I'm about $500.00 in thus far. Is there a District Attorney I can contact and a case number I can refer to, so I might add my name to the list?

Try the Pima County Attorney for starters. 520-724-5600

http://www.jp.pima.gov/CaseSearch/
Joe Dorgan, a rash all over their computer.

Chris OC

May 31, 2017
Tennessee
One thing I am going to look into is see if there is a case for Mail Fraud. Might not hurt as this activity crosses state lines thus falling into Federal jurisdiction.

Gang,

Here is the latest. I have good news, I did receive my siren from Joe, he did complete the restoration for me. Persistence paid off, and I have learned about the situation that Joe is dealing with as it relates to the restoration work. My recommendation would be that if you work with Joe, that you agree on a price, then you should agree on shipping after the restoration cost. I coordinated to have UPS pick up my siren from Joe. That is what worked best in my case.

Attachments

• IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 12

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
for anyone who has had problems in the past and future, here is who I have contacted, and they are staring to do something. They were suppose to meet with Joe 2 weeks ago but had to put it off. they are meeting with him next week to resolve all the issues of people who he owes. They really encourage people to call them, she told me the more people that contct them the better they will be able to prosecute. She very very helpful!!!!!
Please contact them

Olivia Kennedy

Special Agent

Office of the Attorney General – SIS

400 W. Congress, Suite 315, Tucson AZ 85701

Desk: 520.628.6637 I Fax: 520-628-6532

Olivia.Kennedy@azag.gov

http://www.azag.gov

Reactions: Heavyrescue

Heavyrescue

Sep 7, 2016
Texas
for anyone who has had problems in the past and future, here is who I have contacted, and they are staring to do something. They were suppose to meet with Joe 2 weeks ago but had to put it off. they are meeting with him next week to resolve all the issues of people who he owes. They really encourage people to call them, she told me the more people that contct them the better they will be able to prosecute. She very very helpful!!!!!
Please contact them

Olivia Kennedy

Special Agent

Office of the Attorney General – SIS

400 W. Congress, Suite 315, Tucson AZ 85701

Desk: 520.628.6637 I Fax: 520-628-6532

Olivia.Kennedy@azag.gov

http://www.azag.gov

Thanks for getting that contact information. I've sent her all my documents from the criminal activity Joe Dorgan.

I'll be ready to testify at his trial, if he shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.