Law Enforcement/OEM Vehicle Hunt. Addition 01/22/2016

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like the shadow graphics on the horses.

Reactions: Station 3

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
That CVPI is interesting; I've never seen NYSP units with decals on the upper windshield in the 22 years that I lived up there!

Somebody needs to smack whoever spec-ed the Albany County F450 b/c it has virtually no side warning

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
That truck is just a paddy wagon so no real need for total lighting. Some Troops do things differently then the whole and also if it is driven by one person he can sometimes do what he wants.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
I've never seen scorpion light bars used on any CBP vehicles!
All of our new vehicles have them. We have a 2011 Explorer with one on it. In Detroit, we just received 5 Utilities, 3 Explorers, and 2 F-150 super crew 4 door 4x4 SSV k-9 vehicles with them...btw...one of the F-150's are mine! ;)

Oh yeah...look at my profile pic...that is the 2011 Explorer with the Scorpion

...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Lafd55, what is "exercise support" under DHSES?

Also, is the Troy Housing Authority vehicle a police or security vehicle? I don't see any marking on it that indicates that it's LE

All of our new vehicles have them. We have a 2011 Explorer with one on it. In Detroit, we just received 5 Utilities, 3 Explorers, and 2 F-150 super crew 4 door 4x4 SSV k-9 vehicles with them...btw...one of the F-150's are mine! ;)

Oh yeah...look at my profile pic...that is the 2011 Explorer with the Scorpion

...lol
Why get 5 utilities and 3 explorers (instead of 8 of one or the other)? And, where are the pics of your new F150 bro!?!?

PS, I'd need to CSI the crap outta your pic to see what lightbar is on it...that thumb nail is tiny! Lol

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Lafd55, what is "exercise support" under DHSES?

Also, is the Troy Housing Authority vehicle a police or security vehicle? I don't see any marking on it that indicates that it's LE
The Exercise Support truck hauls the Exercise Simulation unit. Just another state ran training program.

And the Troy Housing Authority are Police, not sure why there isn't any markings as such as the previous cars said "Public Safety" then again the car is in the process of being installed so may not be done with graphics.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Does anybody know the real reason why NYSP went with star/SVP as the passenger-side headliner light for their slicktops (instead of having a dual avenger both on the headliner & dash)?

Aside from the dual avengers being brighter, it just seems silly from a logistical standpoint to throw in another manufacturer's light when virtually everything else they're using on newer vehicles is whelen

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Those Bethlehem units are nice but I'm not a huge fan of their use of vertexes on the sides...the front one is way too low to be effective IMO, and the vertex directly behind the rear wheel will probably be covered in mud or (in the winter months) snow most of the time, or they'll probably get damaged way before then

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I really like the colors & simplicity of the striping package for the last 2 vehicles (but I would've preferred if they wrote the city name beneath the blue stripe in a smaller font than "police").

Does anyone know exactly how NYSP mounts the dual avengers to the dash?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I really like the colors & simplicity of the striping package for the last 2 vehicles (but I would've preferred if they wrote the city name beneath the blue stripe in a smaller font than "police").

Does anyone know exactly how NYSP mounts the dual avengers to the dash?
Most likely just the suction cups and probably velcro underneath

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Most likely just the suction cups and probably velcro underneath
I don't see any windshield brackets or suction cups and I would expect their shop to have something more secure than Velcro or 2-sided tape to hold down the dash light

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I don't see any windshield brackets or suction cups and I would expect their shop to have something more secure than Velcro or 2-sided tape to hold down the dash light
Most likely not because after a while most slicktop SP car's dashlights get crooked or moved a little.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
So those State Trooper cars with the libertys don't have any take down lights? also what color is that center LED in the white part of the liberty....

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Is 1T18 waiting for more lights? I don't see any other than the Setina ions.

2T87 is a first for me...I've never seen any TIR3 fogs used before on any of their CVPIs

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
So those State Trooper cars with the libertys don't have any take down lights? also what color is that center LED in the white part of the liberty....
The center clear part has either the projector lamp bulbs or the LR11s for takedowns with a single clear LIN module inbetween.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Is 1T18 waiting for more lights? I don't see any other than the Setina ions.

2T87 is a first for me...I've never seen any TIR3 fogs used before on any of their CVPIs
I don't know about 1T18 waiting for more lights and 2T87 is a senior guy mixed with the Thruway does their own installs and adds onto the existing State Police lighting on some vehicles. 2T87 also has a Star interior lightbar in the rear as well.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I really think the stealth black Orange County color scheme is bad a$$.  Not sure how I feel about the St Johnsville PD rear setup, though; while I think the TA under the spoiler is probably effective, I think it looks tacky as $hit and rather would've had it mounted inside the rear deck without any spoiler.

Does anybody know about the Naval Reactor Protective Force and their training?  Initially, I would've guessed that it was Navy MAs or NSF, but the Dept of Energy logo makes me think they're their own entity 

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
It's part of The Department of Energy here at the Knoll's Atomic Power Laboratory where they test and train sailor's on Naval Nuclear Propulsion. It's protective force is operated by a private heavily armed security company.

DOENRSFlogo.jpg

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It's part of The Department of Energy here at the Knoll's Atomic Power Laboratory where they test and train sailor's on Naval Nuclear Propulsion. It's protective force is operated by a private heavily armed security company.

it's amazing how many things the government outsources to private contractors. One would think that something along the lines of military police would be utilized for guarding such a facility

I like the Waterford striping package, but those PARs look awkward there IMO

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.