LED Equipped (LEDQUSA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
Jared @ 911Lights said:
T

They were selling the Chameleons back when we first picked them up in August of 2004. At that point the only LED products Juluen was making were blinkie trinkets for Japanese girls' cell phones.

You never mentioned LED warning lights, you just stated warning lights.

Umm, Juluen started in the Emergency light business back in 1989, in 1995 they moved to the mobile phone accessory business, and came back to the emergency light business in 2003.

JULUEN ENTERPRISE CO.,LTD

Here is your original post:

Jared @ 911Lights said:
Sho-me has been selling Chameleon Lights since before Juluen started making warning lights. Any claim to that trademark is void.

So based on you original comment above, Sho-Me has been selling dual color lights since before 1989?

Sorry for the thread hi-jack.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I will side with Jared on this. His original statement was pretty much along the lines of Julien not having Chameleon copyrighted/trademarked.

It's not. It's a farce as are many copyright/trademark/patent claims on this board are. Yes it has been researched. There are no active restrictions on Chameleon. Even LED Outfitters uses Chameleon on their products (and no please don't take this as me using them as an example of proper ethics). If LED Equipped wants to use that term to describe his products I'm sure he would be perfectly ok doing it. I've had someone look into it as well as a few other rumored copyrights and trademarks.

Back on topic. Non SAE equipment is ok to me for purposes of secondary lighting. ESPECIALLY if that is all the customer can afford. As long as they have at least one good primary light, "knockoffs" "Cheap Crap" whatever else you want to call it are just fine. While I'm not a distributor for these items, I tell my co-workers if you can't afford the good stuff and don't think you will EVER be able to save the money for it. Buy something. In most cases anything is better than nothing.

For someone to say that putting no lights on the side of a push bumper verses putting a chinese light on the side of a push bumper is

safer they are crazy. Something is always better than nothing (as long as it doesn't melt and catch fire). The worse thing about the chinese lights are typically the importer or the distributor. IF you to someone like SNM or AWL you don't have to worry about that.

If LED Equipped can be like them then great. Hopefully he gets his products up to snuff.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
FreshDave04 said:
What is "coruscate"? I have never heard that word (if it is a word) in my life.

Bookmark www.dictionary.com. You'll use it more often than you think. :)

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
JohnMarcson said:
Coruscate is a medical term for when visual disturbances take on a flashing characteristic. It's clearly a bad translation and it indicates the flash feature for the takedowns and alleys. I'm sorry to say the controller is proprietary and required. A bad translation on a proprietary control head is a total deal breaker for the majority of people here. My overall characterization of these lights is ebay or similar to speedtech. Unfortunately, these aren't the type of lights that are going to be extremely popular here....eLightbars members tend to demand SAE certification and a certain level of performance and quality. I am not going to be able to devote much time to these lights as they will not meet the requirements of our users. I appreciate the cooperation of the Manufacturer and Dealer here, but these just aren't up to on road warning standards for the US.

As far as replies to this thread.... please explain yourself politely and completely. This is a good chance to give direct feedback.

View attachment 54668

View attachment 54669

View attachment 54670

Coruscate means to not care enough to get customer feedback or really have the desire to make your product feel welcomed into it's intended field.

Really? This was the best word they could use other than Flash? :duh: How about getting feedback from customers or potential customers? How about changing a stupid label and making it right?

As seen from the pictures above, how about sending out quality instead of what you have? This is a perfect example of what we are talking about when it comes to quality from China. Is there no quality control over there, or does it meet their standards? What does that say about their standards when they let that stuff go out? What does it say about your standards when you send that kind of product out to be reviewed? Sorry, but when you go to meet your girlfriend's parents for the first time, you don't dress up like a punk.

We're trying to explain quality to you and you defend the brand you carry. We've all seen the crap that comes out of China and you still defend it. You send out that very crap to be reviewed and you expect people to just jump all over it? I'd rather jump on it....repeatedly.

This is what we are trying to say. The product IS YOU. It doesn't matter who made it. When a product fails, they look at you. YOU sold me this product and it came to me with the wrong lenses or wrong optics or missing a bracket and so on. If it came from you, that is the quality control customers are talking about.

You sent John some stuff to try and prove your product line. You tried making an impression with the amount you would send him, but instead you failed to realize the whole point of the review...quality. I tried to make that point when you contacted me, but you just wouldn't listen. Now, so many people are telling you the same thing. Are we all wrong? Seriously, how can ALL of us be wrong? Not possible. The statistics that we are are not in your favor.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but when this thread started, they were calling for possible thunderstorms.

There are too many professionals out there that 1) know all too well what type of quality comes from China and 2) care too much to see this very crap being sold to unsuspecting people. We understand what it's like to not be able to afford the better stuff, or just not want to spend that much, but they are setting aside safety for savings. But hey, that's the clientele you attract. This is a sue happy world we are in right now and a lightbar is not secondary warning. And yes, a lawyer CAN sue for inadequate lighting.

You can back it up all you want, but like I told you, eventually, you'll get tired of all the complaints and just stop responding to them like LEDO, ETD and the like. Too many people have gone before you with the same mindset and look at them now; a bunch of a-holes. You just got here and you're already on page 7. :undecided: Maybe you should listen a little. People are trying to steer you in the right direction. We're trying to help you. We can't all be that bad. Damn you ELB community for caring!

Anyways, you are going to do what you want, but try to learn from other people's examples or from those with experience. You won't live long enough to make every mistake yourself. We care enough to help, just be humble enough to accept the help.

Tony

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
JohnMarcson said:
Coruscate is a medical term for when visual disturbances take on a flashing characteristic. It's clearly a bad translation and it indicates the flash feature for the takedowns and alleys. I'm sorry to say the controller is proprietary and required. A bad translation on a proprietary control head is a total deal breaker for the majority of people here. My overall characterization of these lights is ebay or similar to speedtech. Unfortunately, these aren't the type of lights that are going to be extremely popular here....eLightbars members tend to demand SAE certification and a certain level of performance and quality. I am not going to be able to devote much time to these lights as they will not meet the requirements of our users. I appreciate the cooperation of the Manufacturer and Dealer here, but these just aren't up to on road warning standards for the US.

As far as replies to this thread.... please explain yourself politely and completely. This is a good chance to give direct feedback.

View attachment 54668

View attachment 54669

View attachment 54670

HI John,

I hope you are doing great,

I thank you for testing my products and I am sorry you we sent products with minor problems.

In regards to SAE and other ratings, I have stated before that any customer who is interested in my products and need the rating, I would get them certified and if need be remodeled to pass certification. I have been taught a very important thing, which is "customer is king", I will do anything possible in order for my customers to be happy and confident in my products. I hope that everyone can understand that.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
FreshDave04 said:
LEDEquipped - where are you from? By your responses, I can only assume English is not your native language. That's not a big deal, just trying to assertain how/where you came into offering these products.

HI

I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Queens. I have been using my phone a lot and because of that I have hard some grammar mistakes.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
FEVER said:
I will side with Jared on this. His original statement was pretty much along the lines of Julien not having Chameleon copyrighted/trademarked.

It's not. It's a farce as are many copyright/trademark/patent claims on this board are. Yes it has been researched. There are no active restrictions on Chameleon. Even LED Outfitters uses Chameleon on their products (and no please don't take this as me using them as an example of proper ethics). If LED Equipped wants to use that term to describe his products I'm sure he would be perfectly ok doing it. I've had someone look into it as well as a few other rumored copyrights and trademarks.

Back on topic. Non SAE equipment is ok to me for purposes of secondary lighting. ESPECIALLY if that is all the customer can afford. As long as they have at least one good primary light, "knockoffs" "Cheap Crap" whatever else you want to call it are just fine. While I'm not a distributor for these items, I tell my co-workers if you can't afford the good stuff and don't think you will EVER be able to save the money for it. Buy something. In most cases anything is better than nothing.

For someone to say that putting no lights on the side of a push bumper verses putting a chinese light on the side of a push bumper is

safer they are crazy. Something is always better than nothing (as long as it doesn't melt and catch fire). The worse thing about the chinese lights are typically the importer or the distributor. IF you to someone like SNM or AWL you don't have to worry about that.

If LED Equipped can be like them then great. Hopefully he gets his products up to snuff.

HI

I really appreciate all your support,

I would like to start off by saying I will do anything possible to appeal to my customers and if SAE is one of them , then i will get my items certified. However, not everyone needs SAE ratings therefore I ask that if customer does need it then please specify and ill work getting ratings for the products they are interested in.

I thank you for your support and I hope you and everyone can see that i can be a great supplier for these goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
ERM said:
Coruscate means to not care enough to get customer feedback or really have the desire to make your product feel welcomed into it's intended field.

Really? This was the best word they could use other than Flash? :duh: How about getting feedback from customers or potential customers? How about changing a stupid label and making it right?

As seen from the pictures above, how about sending out quality instead of what you have? This is a perfect example of what we are talking about when it comes to quality from China. Is there no quality control over there, or does it meet their standards? What does that say about their standards when they let that stuff go out? What does it say about your standards when you send that kind of product out to be reviewed? Sorry, but when you go to meet your girlfriend's parents for the first time, you don't dress up like a punk.

We're trying to explain quality to you and you defend the brand you carry. We've all seen the crap that comes out of China and you still defend it. You send out that very crap to be reviewed and you expect people to just jump all over it? I'd rather jump on it....repeatedly.

This is what we are trying to say. The product IS YOU. It doesn't matter who made it. When a product fails, they look at you. YOU sold me this product and it came to me with the wrong lenses or wrong optics or missing a bracket and so on. If it came from you, that is the quality control customers are talking about.

You sent John some stuff to try and prove your product line. You tried making an impression with the amount you would send him, but instead you failed to realize the whole point of the review...quality. I tried to make that point when you contacted me, but you just wouldn't listen. Now, so many people are telling you the same thing. Are we all wrong? Seriously, how can ALL of us be wrong? Not possible. The statistics that we are are not in your favor.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but when this thread started, they were calling for possible thunderstorms.

There are too many professionals out there that 1) know all too well what type of quality comes from China and 2) care too much to see this very crap being sold to unsuspecting people. We understand what it's like to not be able to afford the better stuff, or just not want to spend that much, but they are setting aside safety for savings. But hey, that's the clientele you attract. This is a sue happy world we are in right now and a lightbar is not secondary warning. And yes, a lawyer CAN sue for inadequate lighting.

You can back it up all you want, but like I told you, eventually, you'll get tired of all the complaints and just stop responding to them like LEDO, ETD and the like. Too many people have gone before you with the same mindset and look at them now; a bunch of a-holes. You just got here and you're already on page 7. :undecided: Maybe you should listen a little. People are trying to steer you in the right direction. We're trying to help you. We can't all be that bad. Damn you ELB community for caring!

Anyways, you are going to do what you want, but try to learn from other people's examples or from those with experience. You won't live long enough to make every mistake yourself. We care enough to help, just be humble enough to accept the help.

Tony

HI

Thank you for your thoughts,

First of all, every company has shipped out goods that have had minor problems, even code3, Whelen and federal signal.

If this was a purchase i would pay for shipping back and send new goods.

You are right about that it is always going to be looked at as ME. With that being said, I am here to sell products, have great customer service, to be honest and be successful. If one of my products has an issue, I will be there to solve the issue. You have to understand that I know where you are coming from, China sells products and sometimes they come out bad. Previously you have dealt with suppliers who didnt care and just ignored any feedback or complaints from customers. I am different, I will take back returns, send repair parts and take any feedback which is given.

I hope you understand that things change, I hope I can show you that.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
MJDNRP-6885 said:
:rolleyes: :nono: :weird: :duh: :hopeless:

:popcorn:
HI

What is the issue with that statement? It is the truth, some depts dont require SAE ratings

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
Ledequipped said:
What is the issue with that statement? It is the truth, some depts dont require SAE ratings

It would be redundant of me to answer your question, when it has already been answered by FireTrux in a previous post.

Firetrux said:
Very simple. If a public safety vehicle is responding to an emergency code 3 it is "best practice" to utilize certified emergency lighting/sirens. If an accident involves said public safety vehicle, the first thing that will be examined is the performance, certification, quality and activation of said emergency lighting/sirens. If they do NOT meet "standard" minimum certifications for that public safety vehicle they are deemed liable for at least a part of the accident even if there were no fault as to the actual crash.

Example: a volunteer purchases your equipment (not meeting minimum standards such as DOT, SAE, or NFPA) he responds to his firehouse and on his way there slams into a car at an intersection. The other driver is at fault and charged with failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. However the volunteer, his department, the equipment seller and manufacturer are all sued in civil court because the "emergency equipment" did not meet the standards that are know to be common practice in the first response world.

You are basically selling "show lights" not honest to goodness emergency response lighting. I would perhaps check with an attorney who's opinion you value.

SAE stands for Society of Automotive Engineers. You have to contact them and get a copy of their standards to manufacture your products to their specifications. Once you do that, you submit your designs, they will grant, or deny, certification based on their tests.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Ledequipped said:
HI

Thank you for your thoughts,

First of all, every company has shipped out goods that have had minor problems, even code3, Whelen and federal signal.

If this was a purchase i would pay for shipping back and send new goods.

You are right about that it is always going to be looked at as ME. With that being said, I am here to sell products, have great customer service, to be honest and be successful. If one of my products has an issue, I will be there to solve the issue. You have to understand that I know where you are coming from, China sells products and sometimes they come out bad. Previously you have dealt with suppliers who didnt care and just ignored any feedback or complaints from customers. I am different, I will take back returns, send repair parts and take any feedback which is given.

I hope you understand that things change, I hope I can show you that.

For a review, you ship out the best. We're all trying to explain things to you and you just don't get it. That's our point. You're not grasping the very fundamentals of this business. It's a mentality like that that makes things harder for the rest of us. Not for the selling of the product, but for the education of the customer.

You sway people with the price and they think they are getting a great deal, but what they are blindsided by is that the quality of the product doesn't meet standards. Those standards are preset and certain companies test these products to see how they measure to these standards.

My question is why don't these China companies send these products to be tested and rated? That would be a HUGE selling point for them, not to mention they could label their products accordingly, putting an end to this once and for all. How awesome of a marketing point is it to say, "This product meets or exceeds SAE blah blah blah"? Don't tell me you won't advertise that prominently. Also, why don't the rest of the China products that are being sold here have SAE ratings? Coincidence?

And to keep answering your question if people need SAE, why do you think each manufacturer does these tests and posts the results of the product? Because they do matter. Standards have to be met. There's that word again; standards.

I hear you and we've all heard it before, but so far, you haven't shown it. You say what you're going to do, but you actually sent out flawed product. Actions speak louder than words. You said you're different, but is that how you acted? That's a hell of a first impression.

Tony

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have finished my evaluations, I am compiling the reviews now. I am ready for return shipping labels, packing them up now.

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
ERM said:
You sway people with the price and they think they are getting a great deal, but what they are blindsided by is that the quality of the product doesn't meet standards. Those standards are preset and certain companies test these products to see how they measure to these standards.

Another example:

Let us say you, as a businessman, start a new gas station in town and you have the same mentality about selling fuel that you do about selling emergency lighting.

You advertise that you will be selling cheap gas, you make the claim that you will have great customer service along with a great product. People swarm to your pumps.

Some smarter people notice that there is no Octane ratings listed on the pump. "Which nozzle do I use? Nothing is rated", they leave in disgust. The others who purchase your gasoline drive off happy. That is until they drive a few miles away and break down because the fuel does not pack enough punch to drive the pistons up and down. One poor lady stalls in the high speed lane on the expressway and is rear ended by a fully loaded cement mixer and dies in the crash.

Yep - it's kinda like that...

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
JohnMarcson said:
I have finished my evaluations, I am compiling the reviews now. I am ready for return shipping labels, packing them up now.

Thank you

Can you supply an email address so that I can send you the return labels

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
ERM said:
For a review, you ship out the best. We're all trying to explain things to you and you just don't get it. That's our point. You're not grasping the very fundamentals of this business. It's a mentality like that that makes things harder for the rest of us. Not for the selling of the product, but for the education of the customer.

My question is why don't these China companies send these products to be tested and rated? That would be a HUGE selling point for them, not to mention they could label their products accordingly, putting an end to this once and for all. How awesome of a marketing point is it to say, "This product meets or exceeds SAE blah blah blah"? Don't tell me you won't advertise that prominently. Also, why don't the rest of the China products that are being sold here have SAE ratings? Coincidence?

And to keep answering your question if people need SAE, why do you think each manufacturer does these tests and posts the results of the product? Because they do matter. Standards have to be met. There's that word again; standards.

I hear you and we've all heard it before, but so far, you haven't shown it. You say what you're going to do, but you actually sent out flawed product. Actions speak louder than words. You said you're different, but is that how you acted? That's a hell of a first impression.

Tony

Firetrux said:
Another example:

Let us say you, as a businessman, start a new gas station in town and you have the same mentality about selling fuel that you do about selling emergency lighting.

You advertise that you will be selling cheap gas, you make the claim that you will have great customer service along with a great product. People swarm to your pumps.

Some smarter people notice that there is no Octane ratings listed on the pump. "Which nozzle do I use? Nothing is rated", they leave in disgust. The others who purchase your gasoline drive off happy. That is until they drive a few miles away and break down because the fuel does not pack enough punch to drive the pistons up and down. One poor lady stalls in the high speed lane on the expressway and is rear ended by a fully loaded cement mixer and dies in the crash.

Yep - it's kinda like that...

I am sorry for what was sent to John and I will be working on a solution.

in regards to SAE, I have already started working on getting my products rated.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Ledequipped said:
I am sorry for was sent to John and I will work8ng in a solution.

in regards to SAE, I have already started working on getting my products rated.

Thank you

I don't think I've read one reply from him in this whole thread where he spelt everything right or even made sense with his sentences...

* I bring a bag of real popcorn every time I open this thread!! Very entertaining! :crazy:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
firemedic10584 said:
I don't think I've read one reply from him in this whole thread where he spelt everything right or even made sense with his sentences...

* I bring a bag of real popcorn every time I open this thread!! Very entertaining! :crazy:

Bing Dictionary

spelt

[ spelt ]

1.hardy wheat: a hardy variety of wheat of inferior quality, sometimes grown in mountainous regions.

I think you need to check your spelling before you throw out somebody elses faults.

But back to this novel.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The review of the lightbar is complete, I may write up the larger dash light later today. I ended up doing it as a regular review, not a featured site review. I'm sorry the review was not very favorable, and I do appreciate the cooperation of LEDQ.

LED Equipped (LEDQ) Avian Eye "Linear LED Light bar"

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
chief1565 said:
Bing Dictionary
spelt

[ spelt ]

1.hardy wheat: a hardy variety of wheat of inferior quality, sometimes grown in mountainous regions.

I think you need to check your spelling before you throw out somebody elses faults.

But back to this novel.

well, TECHNICALLY, it was spelled correctly. kind of like their they're there. :)

I think this horse (LEDQ) has been beaten to death and just needs to stop. His products are typical of most items from China (poor quality control, sub-par construction techniques as evident from John's review of the light bar, cheap price) and unless you are actually planning on purchasing stuff from this gentleman, why bash on him more? Points have been made, he appears to be trying to correct his issues, however in my opinion he needs to either find a better manufacturer or demand better quality control PRIOR to shipping from China. It is not reasonable for him to be asked to open every package, test every light, listen to every siren prior to him shipping them out as people would consider this being a used item then.

LED Equipped, you have followed through with most requests and do appear to be making honest efforts to make changes however you still have quite a ways to go before you are ready to go live with QUALITY emergency warning equipment. Please consider finding a new manufacturer or demand better quality from your current one. Otherwise your business will end quickly.

Just my 2.5 cents.

John

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
litning said:
well, TECHNICALLY, it was spelled correctly. kind of like their they're there. :)

I think this horse (LEDQ) has been beaten to death and just needs to stop. His products are typical of most items from China (poor quality control, sub-par construction techniques as evident from John's review of the light bar, cheap price) and unless you are actually planning on purchasing stuff from this gentleman, why bash on him more? Points have been made, he appears to be trying to correct his issues, however in my opinion he needs to either find a better manufacturer or demand better quality control PRIOR to shipping from China. It is not reasonable for him to be asked to open every package, test every light, listen to every siren prior to him shipping them out as people would consider this being a used item then.

LED Equipped, you have followed through with most requests and do appear to be making honest efforts to make changes however you still have quite a ways to go before you are ready to go live with QUALITY emergency warning equipment. Please consider finding a new manufacturer or demand better quality from your current one. Otherwise your business will end quickly.

Just my 2.5 cents.

John
Thank you John

I have already contacted my manufacturer to get a better quality control and to make sure this never happens again

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
And a few words from Willy.

thCAUPH6OE.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jared @ 911Lights said:
Having been born and raised in the American Capitalist system, it is hard for us to imagine anything other than innovation, growth, pride and long-term success driving business. But things are very different in communist Asia, the motivation there is to make as much money as quickly as possible and get out. Getting SAE certification takes time, money, and risk and delays profit. Visiting was a very eye-opening experience for me, as much as the country is moving forward, it is very backwards in its goals and ideals.

I gotta call BS on this being any different than any other country going through industrial revolution. When the US went through a similar period we had poor factory safety, a market full of posers and knock offs and all the same problems you see in China today. Plus the global shipping market is a whole different debate that complicates the situation.

The point is we are way off topic. This isn't a thread to debate whether China's move towards capitalism and industry follows the same pattern as other industrial revolutions throughout history.

This was a thread about the validity of these products. It's obvious we've answered the general questions about these items. I'm locking this thread, so any specific item related questions or comments should be directed to LEDQ by PM, or you may start an item specific thread if you want to debate a specific product. But I think we have pretty much shown these aren't the quality lights people on this site are interested in. If you are interested, you know how to contact them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bfpd108

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.