Shawn L said:A few months ago I freshened up the old mx bar on my truck, it got all new domes, upper and lower, as well as a new set of the composite code 3 feet, I wanted to add some leds to the feet and a Whelen LIN3 fit almost perfectly. I would recommend this upgrade to anyone.
View attachment 59132
View attachment 59133
View attachment 59134
Firefly Berlin said:I guess I'll be "fishing in Triton's pond" since he is the resident liberty guru, but here are a few pics of my latest mini libby.
Firefly Berlin said:4 rubber coated 30 pound magnets.
Firefly Berlin said:4 LIN 12 corners, 1 LIN6 smart head front and rear facing, 1 TIR6 smart head in each endcap and 4 1st generation cruise light heads in the endcaps as well.
All lightheads are blue except the two rear facing cruise lights in red.
For finally completing the bar I still need two clear 500 series lenses for the endcap TIRs and a Cig plug cable with on/off and pattern select switch.
If anybody has some please let me know.
tacomabanga19861986 said:ya my 6 head strobe power supply is a little different than that one, mine has a-f for output titles, and i tried the double output thing and i dunno
i hooked it to my dashlight and it seems 120w i think it is, was trying to "out power" the strobes, or either output going bad
i have my grill and front corner strobes wired together, dunno if it could fire em good, i know the whelen i got now hooked to em, when i turn on front output its really bright, and when i turn on rear right after the front, they get dimmer, thats why im thinking about the power wire not being big enough, its going from 14guage to a vista amp connector i think is 18-22 guage wire, might just make my own terminals and see if that helps
slash9dotnet said:Wow. Are those the new wide angle optics??
On a side note - His wiper blades are just as cool!
ford-dealer said:So, I have a bunch of CPI Polished Aluminum housings for Whelen MicroMax-Beam lightheads... some stock sheet stock, and 4 LR11 Super Led takedowns...
So, with a band saw, and a drill press, I created a pair of these. I think they came out great!
ford-dealer said:This is the latest release from "The Lab". A custom built Flush Mount Serial Controlled TA/Warning Light.
4 Red 6x6 400s
4 Blue 6x6 400s
1 Red TIR3 (Side Warning)
1 Blue TIR3 (Side Warning)
Controlled by a MPC01 & SCTARM8L Module
oddone said:started out with old school mx7000 where the rotators are in what i call a pod as the frame does not have the ridges on it and is smooth then i took the mx7000 base lenses off and replaced with excalibur base lenses then took 12 whelen 500 series lin6 heads modified them to fit ( had to trim a little off each side a dremil tool works good for this with the cut off wheel) used double sided tape to position them then used a 2 part epoxy to secure them in place and wired them to a whelen ulf44 flasher.
At time of video and post i am waiting on the code 3 2100 flat top lenses for it should e here tuesday 11-12-13
ford-dealer said:For future reference.... Use Clear RTV Silicone to secure light heads rather than a 2 part epoxy. Much easier to remove if you need to (LED dies, etc...) and clean up is a breeze with mineral spirits. (A little Dab Will Do Ya!) :yes:
ford-dealer said:They probably heard that on the internet... Try it.... you will like it