Movies & Television: Police, Fire & EMS Vehicles

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Skip Sudduth, played John 'Sully' Sullivan in Third Watch, and did most of his own stunt driving, as he did in the movie Ronan. Seen here running a Crown Victoria LX in Third Watch.  Followed by the outstanding Buick Grand National as seen in the TV show Life.  Dual Talon in the RVM, unknown LED's in the grill, low and off set as not to block air flow to the intercooler, and HAW strobes in the front turn signals and rear tail lights.

SKIPCV.jpg

LifeGN.jpg

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
The Cannonball Run (1981) Burt Reynolds, Roger Moore, Farrah Fawcett, Dom DeLuise, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and many more.

That's RIGHT! There was a lot of lighting goodness in Cannonball Run. Especially the cheap-o Dietz Omni-Chief bars on the NJ State Police car and the lousy CHP replica seen here. I love that damn ambulance. Dual AeroDynics. And that's when the AeroDynic was still a fairly new product on the market. 

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The Cannonball Run (1981) Burt Reynolds, Roger Moore, Farrah Fawcett, Dom DeLuise, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and many more.

attachicon.gif
Cannonball-Run_01.jpg

attachicon.gif
Cannonball-Run_02.jpg

attachicon.gif
Cannonball-Run_03.jpg

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
"Hill Street Blues"

"Adam-12"
The thing I liked about both of those shows is that they were about uniformed cops.  Another good one was 'The Rookies', a series that ran in the early 1970s.

I watched Adam-12 and the Rookies, but I couldn't get into Hill Street Blues.  The love affair between Frank Furillo and Joyce Davenport made me feel bored with the show very quickly . 

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
The thing I liked about both of those shows is that they were about uniformed cops.  Another good one was 'The Rookies', a series that ran in the early 1970s.

I watched Adam-12 and the Rookies, but I couldn't get into Hill Street Blues.  The love affair between Frank Furillo and Joyce Davenport made me feel bored with the show very quickly . 
I totally agree. Hill Street Blues wasn't a cop show, per se. It was a drama in the setting of a police precinct. Whereas SWAT, Adam-12, Rookies, CHiPs... those were cop shows. But you have to admit that Veronica Hamel (who played Joyce Davenport) was hot as hell. 

Reactions: BLUELIGHT

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I totally agree. Hill Street Blues wasn't a cop show, per se. It was a drama in the setting of a police precinct. Whereas SWAT, Adam-12, Rookies, CHiPs... those were cop shows. But you have to admit that Veronica Hamel (who played Joyce Davenport) was hot as hell. 
She was, but I thought Barbara Bosson (who played Furillo's ex-wife) had a prettier face.  

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Most were fans of the Gran Torino, I had a soft spot for Hutch's automotive style... The beat up Galaxy...

Miami Vice showed unusual cop cars (besides the heroes supercars)...

Detective Dodge Aries for instance...

K-cars were all the rage in some cities for DTs. When I lived there Toronto had a fleet of them (Think 'Night Heat") as well as Chevy Cavalier, just like in "Homicide: Life On The Streets".

1973-ford-galaxie.jpg

i141454.jpg

tumblr_lmcxxxjVMm1qzuzh2o1_500.jpg

Reactions: LRGJr72

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
I remember that one !

Unfortunately the Sub only appears in the end sequence...

MI5, not 9 to 5 ... :cool:

i443950.jpg

4.JPG

cap45.JPG

cap44.JPG

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I wondered if someone would mention CHiPs!  I got to meet Larry Wilcox in Lubbock in 1988 when he and his son Darren were there for an international go-kart race week that my ambulance service worked.  Super-nice guy!

I may have missed it here, but one of my most favorites movies with the best chase-scenes ever is the original "Gone In 60 Seconds"!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
You

Are

Welcome.

mad-max-1979-08-g.jpg

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
I remember "Spenser for Hire"... For once a TV show that wasn't set in LA or NYC... But Boston if I recall well (and mostly shot in winter !)

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Love  that little Daytona of D.D.'s.  Hunter was one of my favorite.  One of the TV channels was running Hunter for a while but haven't seen it or McGyver, either, come to think of it.

The METV channel is running a lot of the old police shows, particularly on Sunday afternoon.  What I'd like to see is some of the old Highway Patrol episodes and also The Lineup.   Classic TV police!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BLUELIGHT

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
A couple of screen grabs from 'Rush':

I liked the show so much, I spent a considerable amount of time doing up a copy of their shield:

As long as I'm on Australian TV dramas, there's 'Rescue Special Ops':

awww.gtagaming.com_images_mods_1301735540_RSO2.jpgai660.photobucket.com_albums_uu321_NSWHWPP_RSO3.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
1951 Studebaker Champion from the "Batman and Robin" film. It's a AeroVectorC4ic  :rotfl:

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8181_7973554604_9a4270d749_b.jpg

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8459_7973578524_43c8149d5a_b.jpg

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8029_7973573204_d2d671980e_b.jpg

Reactions: Skip Goulet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.