New Fed Sig bar??

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
ya it is its plenty bright too. im wondering though how long it will take before one of the motors on the lightss actually burn out

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
This bar is being talked about in another topic (I douldnt locate it) but this is the best video so far.

IIRC this is an SLR bar.

I would also like to know what you would use/mount on the top front of the mounting feet?

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
This thing is going to be expensive but it will be a very amazing bar.

Way better than that crappy Solaris Vision

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
jonny521 said:
ya it is its plenty bright too. im wondering though how long it will take before one of the motors on the lightss actually burn out

I keep seeing posts like that. In 8 years of owning the same lightbar, heavy use, Ive yet to see a burned out motot, in any light for that matter, motors dont just "blow", something has to jam it, make it work hard or over power. Ive seen stripped gears, but visions never had gears, its a direct drive stepper motor, I will put money on it that we'll never see a non rotating vision slr pod!

Niles

Oct 19, 2010
AZ
Richard P said:
I keep seeing posts like that. In 8 years of owning the same lightbar, heavy use, Ive yet to see a burned out motot, in any light for that matter, motors dont just "blow", something has to jam it, make it work hard or over power. Ive seen stripped gears, but visions never had gears, its a direct drive stepper motor, I will put money on it that we'll never see a non rotating vision slr pod!

Indeed. Motors have very long lifetimes, hundreds of thousands of hours worth. The only way it would burn out is if something jammed it like holding a rotator while it's turned on. One of the circuit boards would have a higher likelihood of failing before the motor.

This bar is being talked about Here along with the Valor and more videos.

Warn1

May 24, 2010
Alabama/SE
I'm not a vector fan and never have been, but that is a nice bar!!!! I like the options! but I'm with the rest of ya, think it will be a lil to pricey!

police-jimmy

May 23, 2010
Netherlands (Europe)
I'm not so much into LED's but more of the old school halogen/rotors but this is something else.

My favorite always was the Vision system (Vector is o.k too :) ) so this new LED Vision is the best of both world .....

Rotating LED's ..... it doesn't get any better in my opinion.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
The sign in the windshield of the demo car says "Your invited." It's YOU'RE, as in you are. I can't believe they messed up something like that for a public display. :roll:

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
philyumpshus said:
The sign in the windshield of the demo car says "Your invited." It's YOU'RE, as in you are. I can't believe they messed up something like that for a public display. :roll:

I noticed that, too. I'd be embarrassed if I were associated with that - you'd think they were educated professionals and, as such, aware of such things. But, on the flip side, look how common that mistake is (one need look no further than this site for many examples).

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
philyumpshus said:
Grammar and spelling seem to have taken a back seat in this world.

Dan

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
They can just make the platform mounted takedowns red, since the rest of the bar can be used as takedowns and alleys anyway.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Could even add another light to the center of the bar (like the 2 flashing TD's on the side) that is steady burn.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I think the simplest option would just be to add a dual red Viper S2 to the front headliner and set it to dual steady burn, that way you could do whatever you wanted with the flash pattern of the roof lightbar.

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Tbourg93 said:
I wonder how they could make it to California specifications
If the sole forward facing module over the driver's side is set to steady burn, it should be OK. Only issue would be takedown lights then (unless you did the multi-color white takedowns). Not my first choice for how to do things, but looks like it would work OK. As someone else stated, the other alternative would be a headliner module set to steady burn.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I'm not selling a perfectly good kidney so that I can afford that, only to have to stick a light to my headliner; I'm sure one of the other options would work.

Now I want dual-level rotators that counter-rotate.

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
PSP is running multiple bars on cars right now to test out what they like. I've seen Legends along with some others lately. My Captain said he saw one of these out at the Carlisle Barracks.

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I 26 said:
Are the pods able to change colors? I see white/blue/red/amber all at seperate times in the same pods...demo option maybe? Different cars?
Yes, the LEDs change colors.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.