New York State Police 2012 Chevy Caprices

FDNY 10-75

May 24, 2010
NY
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_FDNY1075_2012_DSC_4579copy.jpg

More to be delivered, I will post follow up photos when they are lettered...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
RL1 said:
DUUUUUAAALLL led spotlights?!? Awesome!

I wish ALL PD cars/truck had dual Unitys... My OCD doesn't like the lop-sided-ness of just one spot... lol Plus it just looks mean as hell...

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
They look like a diffrent color than the current cars. Might be just the camera.

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
Dave said:
They look like a diffrent color than the current cars. Might be just the camera.

They look different because they are. They look black. Assuming they're using the same paint scheme, they will be dark blue. That being said, they could be blue, can't tell with lighting.

Nice shots Eli!!! Can't wait to see them finished!

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Nice! All of the black NYSP units I've seen were DOT enforcement vans or the Camaros they had for the Thruway. I've also seen a couple CVPIs that were a really light shade of blue.

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
firedude said:
They look different because they are. They look black. Assuming they're using the same paint scheme, they will be dark blue. That being said, they could be blue, can't tell with lighting.

Nice shots Eli!!! Can't wait to see them finished!

No kidding there diffrent they are a caprice not a crown vic. :duh:

So you think there going to repaint all of them blue??? And they are black.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i can't wait to see them lettered...is it going to be the same lighting setup (including the dominator-type rear deck bar with the spaced out tir3's)?

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The pics on their FB page are better shots. That's ALOT of white light. Pioneer's on PB, MR11 TD and a center Tir12 TD and white corners. They've got a lot of lights tot he front. but look good.

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
zacmtz7 said:
The pics on their FB page are better shots. That's ALOT of white light. Pioneer's on PB, MR11 TD and a center Tir12 TD and white corners. They've got a lot of lights tot he front. but look good.

You are looking at pics of their demo not the NYSP units.

ac316scu

Nov 18, 2010
Westchester NY
Does Mobile Fleet do all of the NYSP vehicles or just the ones for troop L? Can't wait to see these things done. Are the caprices replacing all of the NYSP CVPIs?

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
ac316scu said:
Does Mobile Fleet do all of the NYSP vehicles or just the ones for troop L? Can't wait to see these things done. Are the caprices replacing all of the NYSP CVPIs?

I believe these cars are just demo cars. They'll test them in the field for a few weeks and see how they hold up.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Colored lenses turn me on!

ffdsmokeeater

Oct 19, 2010
Northern Virginia
lafd55 said:
I just wish those were State Police Blue and not black.

Although I'm a man of tradition, and I would like to see these cars in the traditional SP blue, I believe SP is moving away from the "SP blue" and going with black due to cost.

The "SP blue" was a custom color... custom paint = $$$

Very much similar to what Albany County Sheriffs office is doing with their cars...

WNYT.com - Albany County Sheriff's cars go 'retro'

FutureTrooper

Apr 18, 2012
NY
ffdsmokeeater said:
Although I'm a man of tradition, and I would like to see these cars in the traditional SP blue, I believe SP is moving away from the "SP blue" and going with black due to cost.

The "SP blue" was a custom color... custom paint = $$$

Very much similar to what Albany County Sheriffs office is doing with their cars...

WNYT.com - Albany County Sheriff's cars go 'retro'

Are you sure they are black? To me, they seem like a very dark blue.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
They are black, same as the chargers. They are test vehicles so they didn't commit to blue cars. I don't know, but I don't think NYSP has agreed on a replacement car for the Crown Vic yet. Maybe they all will be Black, but all Tahoes/Suburbans are still coming in Blue so I'm guessing they are going to stick with it.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
It's only one trooper per car.... All NYSP cars have duals, and there are a few Tahoes with none....

NYBLS

Oct 13, 2010
NY,USA
lafd55 said:
It's only one trooper per car.... All NYSP cars have duals, and there are a few Tahoes with none....

Incorrect. In many areas (if not across the state), they double up after midnight.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
It's possible that if NYSP go the Caprice they will stay black. Holden has limited ability to do special paint colours hence the rather restricted colour choices for the Caprice. At the very least by going black the state would save a heap of cash over special colours.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.