NPPD 2011 Dodge Chargers & 1997 Jeep Cherokee - Update: 07-20-2011 (vid added)

EMS_Installer

Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
Here are a couple of before shots of the two 2011 Dodge Chargers I am building for a local PD here in Washington. I took in the vehicles today and will be posting more pics/videos upon completion of the install.

The slicktop is getting:

- Whelen LIN6 500 Series Super-LED Grill LEDs (Red & Blue)

- Sound Off Solid State 6 Outlet LED Flasher

- Sound Off Surface Mounted Alley Light LEDs (White, Push Bumper Mounted)

- Whelen SA315P Siren Speaker

- Sound Off Intersectors (Red & Blue)

- Sound Off Split Pinnacle (Red & Blue)

- Sound Off UltraLite 12, Rear Deck (Red & Blue)

- EV Modules Charger Module (For headlight flash and other features.)

- Whelen TIR3 LEDs, Inside Trunk (Red & Blue)

- JottoDesk Console

- Gamber Johnson Laptop Mount

- Motorola Radio

- Whelen CenCom Gold

- Uniden Scanner

- Santa Cruz Weapons Mounting System (Cage Mounted)

- Roof Mounted Antennas x2

- Setina Partition (Installed prior to delivery.)

- Setina Push Bumper (Installed prior to delivery.)

- Dual Unity Spotlights (Installed prior to delivery.)

The standard unit (w/ lightbar) is getting:

- Whelen LIN6 500 Series Super-LED Grill LEDs (Red & Blue)

- Sound Off Solid State 6 Outlet LED Flasher

- Sound Off Surface Mounted Alley Light LEDs (White, Push Bumper Mounted)

- Whelen SA315P Siren Speaker

- Sound Off Intersectors (Red & Blue)

- Whelen Freedom LED Lightbar (Red & Blue)

- EV Modules Charger Module (For headlight flash and other features.)

- Whelen TIR3 LEDs, Inside Trunk (Red & Blue)

- JottoDesk Console

- Gamber Johnson Laptop Mount

- Motorola Radio

- Whelen CenCom Gold

- Uniden Scanner

- Santa Cruz Weapons Mounting System (Cage Mounted)

- Roof Mounted Antennas x2

- Setina Partition (Installed prior to delivery.)

- Setina Push Bumper (Installed prior to delivery.)

- Dual Unity Spotlights (Installed prior to delivery.)

ai1194.photobucket.com_albums_aa362_Extreme_Rescue_1.png

ai1194.photobucket.com_albums_aa362_Extreme_Rescue_3.png

ai1194.photobucket.com_albums_aa362_Extreme_Rescue_5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
I keep going back to the first pic of the 2011. The cow catcher on the front just doesn't flow with the lines of the car.

cory y

May 21, 2010
How are you doing the rear veterxes? The taillights are led...

And I guess if your doing vertexes in the backups, your not going to use the factory wigwag

EMS_Installer

Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
r6less said:
Are you going to use the Soundoff Ultralite 12 on the rear of the slick top?

The client spec'd out for an UltraLite 8 in the rear window. I am going to measure the cars tomorrow though. If a 12 will fit I would like to go with the 12 and the client gave me some wiggle room to make such changes. Anyone know which would fit better? Rear deck.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
EMS_Installer said:
The client spec'd out for an UltraLite 8 in the rear window. I am going to measure the cars tomorrow though. If a 12 will fit I would like to go with the 12 and the client gave me some wiggle room to make such changes. Anyone know which would fit better? Rear deck.

38.75 inches long for a 12 head.

My UltraLite 12 just came in the mail today and it fits great in the back window of my 2005 Impala, should fit the Charger I would think.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i stoked to see the finished products; the lighting list looks great.

btw, i'm glad that they're going with the libby for the new charger; i personally think the freedom on their current charger looks a bit big/goofy

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
pdk9 said:

btw, i'm glad that they're going with the libby for the new charger; i personally think the freedom on their current charger looks a bit big/goofy

Seconded.

EMS_Installer

Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
pdk9 said:

Yeah... they were actually going to put one of the Freedoms on it from one of the Crown Vics being retired, but with a little push from one of the sergeants we were able to get the chief to go with a lower profile bar.

There has been a slight delay in getting some of the vehicle specific parts, but I should have some "after" pics up very soon. :cool:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
May I please ask what type of lightbar is on the Charger & Crown Vic?? and where can I get one & how much are they?? Please

Whelen Freedom .... replaced the 9000 series, wicked bright but costly.....

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
May I please ask what type of lightbar is on the Charger & Crown Vic?? and where can I get one & how much are they?? Please

Whelen Freedom .... replaced the 9000 series, wicked bright but costly..... most upfitters can get them... they are better suited to trucks.etc.. they can be tweaked out to split the levels up n down.. i tricked out the cab mounted one on my heavy rescue....

Nice Charger..... get it done so we can see pics :popcorn:

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
Do you know if they fixed the lug nut issue on the 2011s?

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
EMS_Installer said:
This got pushed out a tad... but I will get them up as soon as I can.

Gotta love government contracts.

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
HEY!!! It's Friday again tomorrow. Any updates? No pressure or anything. :whistle:

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Do you install for any other agencies? I've noticed Skagit SO is finally upgrading their lightbars...some odd choice in colors etc. in those old lightbars.

EMS_Installer

Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
coopers said:
Do you install for any other agencies? I've noticed Skagit SO is finally upgrading their lightbars...some odd choice in colors etc. in those old lightbars.

I haven't installed for other agencies up here since 2005. I will have to pay more attention to what they are running next time I see one. I haven't really noticed. As of now I am in Snohomish county. I move to Mount Vernon (Skagit) in the coming months. You're LPD? The new look of the cruisers is sharp. I saw an LPD Charger at the mall the other night when I went to see Fast Five and it had the new decals. Nice!

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
EMS_Installer said:
I haven't installed for other agencies up here since 2005. I will have to pay more attention to what they are running next time I see one. I haven't really noticed. As of now I am in Snohomish county. I move to Mount Vernon (Skagit) in the coming months. You're LPD? The new look of the cruisers is sharp. I saw an LPD Charger at the mall the other night when I went to see Fast Five and it had the new decals. Nice!

Yes I'm with LPD. Our chargers aren't bad (I still drive the vic, the one pictured, because they are WAY more comfortable). I could think of a handful of ideas that would make the chargers look better but they are what they are for now. I lived up in Sedro-Woolley for a while years ago. Skagit is a nice county. If you ever get a look at the inside of a Skagit SO car you'll drop. Unless they've changed things they were never well organized with their consoles and placement of equipment. :duh:

I know you're focused on EMT stuff right now but I'm looking forward to seeing more of your installs. You do a nice job. Like I said before, it's nice to have another option for installers in this state. Never had good run-ins with Day Wireless and I don't wanna go to North Bend to have stuff installed. Most installs are done in house which makes it difficult for private installs.

I had a lot of fun when that movie came out. I sat on the 3rd floor of the parking garage and wrote away. :)

EMS_Installer

Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
coopers said:
Yes I'm with LPD. Our chargers aren't bad (I still drive the vic, the one pictured, because they are WAY more comfortable). I could think of a handful of ideas that would make the chargers look better but they are what they are for now. I lived up in Sedro-Woolley for a while years ago. Skagit is a nice county. If you ever get a look at the inside of a Skagit SO car you'll drop. Unless they've changed things they were never well organized with their consoles and placement of equipment. :duh:

I know you're focused on EMT stuff right now but I'm looking forward to seeing more of your installs. You do a nice job. Like I said before, it's nice to have another option for installers in this state. Never had good run-ins with Day Wireless and I don't wanna go to North Bend to have stuff installed. Most installs are done in house which makes it difficult for private installs.

I had a lot of fun when that movie came out. I sat on the 3rd floor of the parking garage and wrote away. :)

I'm not much of a Charger fan either, but I will say the 2011's have a neat look. I still wouldn't own one, but they're an improvement for sure. I actually can't wait to trade my sedan in on an F-250. My EMT stuff is done now. I am an EMT, but I am working on my Fire Protection Technology degree now, starting this fall. I have lots of time for installs, especially over the summer. Yeah, Alan's shop is a bit out there (FCI Cars). It's nice territory though and Alan and his people are always friendly and helpful. I was recently out there and just made a day of it. I hit up Scott's Dairy Freeze while I was out there. That place is a must if you're out in North Bend for any reason! YUMM!

[Broken External Image]:http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums...35863083126_1435074128_31433550_5031140_n.jpg

Nope, not my classic... I wish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
EMS_Installer said:
You guys can cite people on private property?

Anyway, better stay on topic. I am heading over to pick up one of the Chargers today if all goes well. I think all of the parts are finally in.

In a lot of states you can cite on private property for certain violations. Here we can do DUI, Reckless and Handicap Parking violations. The rest is a no go.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.