NYPD package lights and sirens Outfitted by Fleet Safety NY

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
what lightheads are on the back deck?!

and...... what year/model is that car (re: hlf)

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
The back has two dash lights we bought from led guy, the hideaways in back and front are the Abrams blasters, front has Whelen talon and Whelen headlight flashers plus two Abrams nx-4 grill lights.

The car is a 2013 ford Taurus. We are in middle of decking out a second 2013 sho Taurus for a precinct in the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
911EL said:
The back has two dash lights we bought from led guy, the hideaways in back and front are the Abrams blasters, front has whelen talon and Whalen headlight flashers plus two Abrams nx-4 grill lights.
The car is a 2013 ford Taurus. We are in middle of decking out a second 2013 sho Taurus for a precinct in the city.

A city car, not using Fed Sig? Hmmm...

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
It was a city paid for job. We deal with many higher up people in many different precincts that like our work and don't really car about which company the lights are. All the care about is the quality, brightness, and mostly the way we treat our costumers.

Once again, these are cars for higher ups. Dealing with CEOs that can get the department to pay for our work.

We had a federal signal smart siren and rumbler installed in that car so it's federal enough for the higher ups.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
911EL said:
Whalen headlight flashers

911EL said:
Whalen headlight flashers plus two Abrams nx-4 grill lights.
The car is a 2013 ford Taurus.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :duh: :duh:

as far as the back lights... I asked because they weren't synch'd. I know LED guy sells some that are synchable. Just wondering if these were them or not.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
The ones I used were not sync-able.

I don't happen to understand the symbols you added. Can you please translate it to text?

Thank You,

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
-Headlight flasher's on the interceptor are a BIG no no. You have voided the warranty on a very very expensive projector lamp

unless of course... there is some new HLF I don't know about that has been deemed safe by ford

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
911EL said:
It was a city paid for job. We deal with many higher up people in many different precincts that like our work and don't really car about which company the lights are. All the care about is the quality, brightness, and mostly the way we treat our costumers.
Once again, these are cars for higher ups. Dealing with CEOs that can get the department to pay for our work.

We had a federal signal smart siren and rumbler installed in that car so it's federal enough for the higher ups.

I hope your workmanship is better than your spelling. Oh, and :thumbsup: on that headlight job

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
This is why they use us instead on the FSD.

What we did was as following:

When the wigwags get powered, you globe in the projector assembly picks up and stays on high beam for as long as the flasher is powered up. And Off course we have used diodes and relays to make sure it doesn't feedback to the car's electrical system.

One other reason why they come to us and not go to others, IF WE DO WORK ON ANY ONES CAR AND SOMETHING FAILS 5 YEARS LATER DUE TO OUR INSTALLATION, WE FIX IT FREE OF CHARGE. Its called costumer service. So in this case, we know we are voiding a warranty, However, We have done all the work in this business and we have a very low rate for issues. Yes, issues do happen and we take care of them as they happen.

Thanks,

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
Phoenix_Rising said:
I hope your workmanship is better than your spelling. Oh, and :thumbsup: on that headlight job

My spelling is usually not that bad. Its the not finishing a word which is my problem. I opened the new shop about 2 month ago and did not catch much sleep since so my spelling is........

Ill try my proofread my posts the same way I proofread my work ;)

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
Volunteer said:
How much does one of these installs cost? In terms of labor.

Labor includes:

2 Grill lights

6 Hideaways

3 Dash/Deck lights

1 Smart Siren (with all the lights and horn ring hooked up to it)

2 Slim speakers

1 Fedsig Rumbler would be about 1100- 1250 depending on which equipment you bring us.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
911EL said:
IF WE DO WORK ON ANY ONES CAR AND SOMETHING FAILS 5 YEARS LATER DUE TO OUR INSTALLATION, WE FIX IT FREE OF CHARGE. Its called costumer service. So in this case, we know we are voiding a warranty, However, We have done all the work in this business and we have a very low rate for issues. Yes, issues do happen and we take care of them as they happen.

Thanks,

That's all that matters. Some agencies are not keen on voiding that part of the warranty (at least down here)

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
FEVER said:
That's all that matters. Some agencies are not keen on voiding that part of the warranty (at least down here)

Out here in Brooklyn, the NYPD would rip out or move around things to get a light, siren or speaker mounted. It doesn't really hurt the NYPD because almost all of there cars loose warranty and they don't care because they do a lot of in house work. (FSD)

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
CrystalCoastUpfitters said:
no side / intersection warning? in a NY car?

maybe its just me but i would think in NYC it would be almost mandatory

As you can see in the video, the car has 2 hideaways in the front head lights which face the side for intersection lighting. Those hideaways take care of intersection.

What really gets cars to stop at a intersection was the way we wired the speaker and rumbler. We wired it as following. 2 100 watt dynimite speakers from abrams and a rumbler. When the rumbler is activated both speakers stay on and the fumblers 8 second timer is bypassed. So this car really needs 1 dash light to get thru traffic.

People stop by the intersection a block before that car hits the intersection. :)

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Your work looks pretty good but many of the vehicles have just way too many lights. I like lights but I also like my vision after an emergency vehicle goes by.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Um, thats not a "PD Package" or a Police Interceptor if thats what you were implying. Its a retail Taurus. That is given away by the LED tail lights, rims, grille, front bumper, etc.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
NFD-102 said:
Your work looks pretty good but many of the vehicles have just way too many lights. I like lights but I also like my vision after an emergency vehicle goes by.

Thank you for your post.

Out here in Brooklyn, we have many volunteer organization which help out the community. Most of these volunteers are successful business men which help out others in their free time. So when someone walks into my shop they want to full the car up from A-Z. Others, just want a package that will get them around in rush hour.

The reason why these cars have too many lights is because people in my area like to show off a lot when they respond to calls.

I just do what they ask me to do.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
FireEMSPolice said:
Um, thats not a "PD Package" or a Police Interceptor if thats what you were implying. Its a retail Taurus. That is given away by the LED tail lights, rims, grille, front bumper, etc.

When I wrote PD Package I was implying to the Light set up. This car happens to be a vehicle from the SBA and is a agency car. The new 2013 Taurus come with LED Tail Lights from the factory.

Due to the car not having the black rims it does not make this vehicle a PD car. The City busy the high officials comfortable cars.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
I always have concern for "professional" up fitters who don't even know what the products are.

It's Whelen, not Whelan.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
WS224 said:
I always have concern for "professional" up fitters who don't even know what the products are.

It's Whelen, not Whelan.

If you look a little deeper, you will see that I edited Post #4 at 3:13 PM after I realized I had a typo. I know each an everyone the products I use.

Not only do I know what products my shop uses, but when we have a issue with a light head or siren we usually fix it our self with out sending back to the company and wait for it to get back to us stating that this is not covered under the warranty and so and so when it should be.

Thanks for correcting me.

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
oh Hatzolah....if only the common volly agency had the money that their organization and volunteers do.

You're installs look good. Over done at times, which seems to be a common trend with Hatzolah, but, if they have the money, then as the upfitter, its your duty to do what they want, nothing wrong with that.

MiamiJeff

Oct 17, 2012
Miami, FL
911EL said:
When I wrote PD Package I was implying to the Light set up. This car happens to be a vehicle from the SBA and is a agency car. The new 2013 Taurus come with LED Tail Lights from the factory.
Due to the car not having the black rims it does not make this vehicle a PD car. The City busy the high officials comfortable cars.

So you are saying this vehicle you outfitted was for the SBA = Sergeant's Benevolent Association ? If so, this vehicle was paid to be outfitted by working Sergeant's Union Dues within the NYPD ? Please Correct me if I am wrong with the abbreviation of your "SBA" reply..

I am retired NYPD and I have NEVER seen any department vehicles get outfitted by an outside private agency ever..always via Fleet Services...

I know I have been retired off the job since 2000, but I really doubt things have changed since I left .. considering the NYPD can not even give the cops a raise !

I am sure some of my friends still on the job that are NYPD Sergeants would love to know that their union dues are going towards equipping the Unions Cars with Emergency Lighting ..

cause I know if I found out my union dues were going towards lighting and sirens of an SBA vehicle I would be pissed..

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
EMS10EMT said:
oh Hatzolah....if only the common volly agency had the money that their organization and volunteers do.

You're installs look good. Over done at times, which seems to be a common trend with Hatzolah, but, if they have the money, then as the upfitter, its your duty to do what they want, nothing wrong with that.

Thank you for backing me. Many of the members on ELB won't understand really much to why these cars are decked out or overdone. You need to live out in here in Brooklyn or know any one from these organizations in order to understand my installs.

Once again, I appreciate you trying to defend me. I am new here and looks like people are just trying to knock around the newbie.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
911EL said:
You need to live out in here in Brooklyn or know any one from these organizations in order to understand my installs.

Once again, I appreciate you trying to defend me. I am new here and looks like people are just trying to knock around the newbie.

I do live in Brooklyn, and I have neighbors and friends that are Hatzolah members. The issue here is not that you're a newbie. It's just the whole things seems a bit...odd. I've never heard of a PD-related vehicle being setup by a outsider, or with anything other than Fed Sig. I mean, I've got nothing against Whelen and LED Outfitters, but there's no way in hell NYPD would sanction that.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Or nobody believes you. Either way.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
MiamiJeff said:
So you are saying this vehicle you outfitted was for the SBA = Sergeant's Benevolent Association ? If so, this vehicle was paid to be outfitted by working Sergeant's Union Dues within the NYPD ? Please Correct me if I am wrong with the abbreviation of your "SBA" reply..

I am retired NYPD and I have NEVER seen any department vehicles get outfitted by an outside private agency ever..always via Fleet Services...

I know I have been retired off the job since 2000, but I really doubt things have changed since I left .. considering the NYPD can not even give the cops a raise !

I am sure some of my friends still on the job that are NYPD Sergeants would love to know that their union dues are going towards equipping the Unions Cars with Emergency Lighting ..

cause I know if I found out my union dues were going towards lighting and sirens of an SBA vehicle I would be pissed..

I am putting up too much confidential Information. This car was paid by the department and that is the last post I posting regarding this car. FYI, NYPD stayed the same. one thing changed, he CEO of any pct can authorize any work for cars and they shops get paid from the NYPD expense spending money!

Who's car and which pct it belongs does not change the fact that it is neatly outfitted!

Thanks guys for giving me a taste of how people can act this forum.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
911EL said:
I am putting up too much confidential Information. This car was paid by the department and that is the last post I posting regarding this car. FYI, NYPD stayed the same. one thing changed, he CEO of any pct can authorize any work for cars and they shops get paid from the NYPD expense spending money!

Who's car and which pct it belongs does not change the fact that it is neatly outfitted!

Thanks guys for giving me a taste of how people can act this forum.

Don't misunderstand our intentions. We appreciate having you, and hope you spend more time with us. You do what appears to be very nice work. But we have a long history of people being a bit full of it, and we take our stuff very seriously. We are just checking to be sure, seeing as this is a bit of a unusual situation.

MiamiJeff

Oct 17, 2012
Miami, FL
EMT-BLS said:
I do live in Brooklyn, and I have neighbors and friends that are Hatzolah members. The issue here is not that you're a newbie. It's just the whole things seems a bit...odd. I've never heard of a PD-related vehicle being setup by a outsider, or with anything other than Fed Sig. I mean, I've got nothing against Whelen and LED Outfitters, but there's no way in hell NYPD would sanction that.

I totally agree... :yes:

If its the SBA .. then these are the Union Delegates spending union dues money unnecessarily, when the dues should be going towards legal defenses of Sergeants and work related issues..not vehicle lighting ..

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
EMT-BLS said:
Don't misunderstand our intentions. We appreciate having you, and hope you spend more time with us. You do what appears to be very nice work. But we have a long history of people being a bit full of it, and we take our stuff very seriously. We are just checking to be sure, seeing as this is a bit of a unusual situation.

If you live out in Brooklyn, I would be glad to take you to the fee department vehicles our shop outfitted and show you it registration.

More then that I wont be able to do. I wont discuss, what when where and how. I just do the install and get paid :)

Let me know if you would like me to show you the registrations. If you are not interested, its fine with me since I dont need any one to believe me.

Word of mouth has always been my advertisement and always will be. I have not spent a dollar in my life for advertisement and yet my business is fully up and running.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
EMT-BLS said:

You can stop by my shop anytime of the day to see what we are working on. Maybe it might be my lucky day and I will be working on a PD related vehicle for you to see that these things actually do happen in my shop.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
911EL said:
If you live out in Brooklyn, I would be glad to take you to the fee department vehicles our shop outfitted and show you it registration.
More then that I wont be able to do. I wont discuss, what when where and how. I just do the install and get paid :)

Let me know if you would like me to show you the registrations. If you are not interested, its fine with me since I dont need any one to believe me.

Word of mouth has always been my advertisement and always will be. I have not spent a dollar in my life for advertisement and yet my business is fully up and running.

Where in Bk are you located? Feel free to private message me, if you prefer.

MiamiJeff

Oct 17, 2012
Miami, FL
911EL said:

I believe that the vehicle in the video is a City Vehicle as I just ran the tag on the car... and it came back "NO RECORD" leaving me to believe its a city car.. what is upsetting me is that you stated its for the SBA .. which then leads me to believe its Union Dues going to pay for the lighting which in my personal opinion should be spent by the NYPD not hard working Sergeant's Union Dues.. my entire career within the NYPD I have never seen a vehicle marked or unmarked get lights installed outside of NYPD Fleet Services.. the only outside "fixing" of an NYPD Car may be cause some cop on patrol damaged it and needed a quick fix and the guys using the car got some repair shop to fix it on the fly real fast before they got jammed up with a command discipline..

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
MiamiJeff said:
I believe that the vehicle in the video is a City Vehicle as I just ran the tag on the car... and it came back "NO RECORD" leaving me to believe its a city car.. what is upsetting me is that you stated its for the SBA .. which then leads me to believe its Union Dues going to pay for the lighting which in my personal opinion should be spent by the NYPD not hard working Sergeant's Union Dues..

You ran the plates? In a non-LE setting? How?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.