NYPD package lights and sirens Outfitted by Fleet Safety NY

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
MiamiJeff said:
I believe that the vehicle in the video is a City Vehicle as I just ran the tag on the car... and it came back "NO RECORD" leaving me to believe its a city car.. what is upsetting me is that you stated its for the SBA .. which then leads me to believe its Union Dues going to pay for the lighting which in my personal opinion should be spent by the NYPD not hard working Sergeant's Union Dues.. my entire career within the NYPD I have never seen a vehicle marked or unmarked get lights installed outside of NYPD Fleet Services.. the only outside "fixing" of an NYPD Car may be cause some cop on patrol damaged it and needed a quick fix and the guys using the car got some repair shop to fix it on the fly real fast before they got jammed up with a command discipline..

Thanks, what they do with the money is not my problem. Sorry to see you be upset with what they do with the money but its not only the SBA. I have a list of cars........

May 22, 2010
New York City
jeff, #1 the nypd doesnt build most cars light packages, they are done by outside vendors and have been for a long time.......... FSD and really mostly CRS does some repairs........ some service shops do.....but most repairs go to rick bon in queens........

and before rick bon , they use to go to some place on flatlands ave on the 63/69 border.........

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
Well am just going to say that:

1) Since am not familiar with who or where the lights are done (I thought it was fsd) my friend mentioned once that the dept was using outside companies for that type of work but I never got to verify that, I wouldn't actually be surprised since lately they been going to the lowest bidder.

2) Your work for that amount of money I think is very reasonable highlighting the fact that you will fix any issues that comes later in the future. And that job looks from my pov excellent.

If you can show the interior of the car that would be nice.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
gabrod said:
Well am just going to say that:

1) Since am not familiar with who or where the lights are done (I thought it was fsd) my friend mentioned once that the dept was using outside companies for that type of work but I never got to verify that, I wouldn't actually be surprised since lately they been going to the lowest bidder.

2) Your work for that amount of money I think is very reasonable highlighting the fact that you will fix any issues that comes later in the future. And that job looks from my pov excellent.

If you can show the interior of the car that would be nice.

Thank you for your input. Every bit of it is appreciated.

Here is another Car that has pictures of the insides.

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
911EL said:
Thank you for your input. Every bit of it is appreciated.

Here is another Car that has pictures of the insides.

Oh yeah, did see that, that center console is really nice.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
911EL said:
Thank you for backing me. Many of the members on ELB won't understand really much to why these cars are decked out or overdone. You need to live out in here in Brooklyn or know any one from these organizations in order to understand my installs.

Once again, I appreciate you trying to defend me. I am new here and looks like people are just trying to knock around the newbie.

installs look ok.. back deck drives me crazy though

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
gabrod said:
Oh yeah, did see that, that center console is really nice.

Thanks, I have many pictures and videos but that's something people over here don't tend to like. Instead of looking for a positive word to say, they look to knock someone down.

Our name on the street is what counts. Ask around and you'll be surprised to see what people say.

All I can say to all those who criticize our work, If we would have put a label on the vehicles we worked on, then on every block in Brooklyn would have at-least 25 cars with our label on it.

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
Hi FEVER

If you would live in NYC you would notice that none of NYPD's vehicles deck lights alternate. Most NYPD unmarked cars get done by the lowest bidder. Many of their installs are done by shops that don't really care what the lights look like. The main thing they care about is to get the job done and cash out.

It so happens to be that i have personally seen Fleet Safety's work and was very impressed by their professorial work. I use them for all my installs and so do most of my friends.

(ps. My lights do alternate in my rear deck.)

mayhemnyc

Nov 8, 2010
NYC
Nice work. But a Taurus SHO for NYC? Wow.

**And before I get corrected or attacked (lol), I was referring to post #4 by the threadstarter)**

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
FEVER said:
installs look ok.. back deck drives me crazy though
The back deck is not a install problem. Its the Lights and not just LED Guys Lights. The second PD package I posted a link of has WHELEN TALONS in the deck and they don't sync.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
anystrobe said:
Hi FEVER

If you would live in NYC you would notice that none of NYPD's vehicles deck lights alternate. Most NYPD unmarked cars get done by the lowest bidder. Many of their installs are done by shops that don't really care what the lights look like. The main thing they care about is to get the job done and cash out.

It so happens to be that i have personally seen Fleet Safety's work and was very impressed by their professorial work. I use them for all my installs and so do most of my friends.

True words. 80% of the NYPD marked cars are equipped with FedSig Dual Viper deck lights that only half of the light works. The rest of the light is burnt out.

Thanks for sharing your experience with our state of the art shop!

Manny,

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
CrystalCoastUpfitters said:
no side / intersection warning? in a NY car?

maybe its just me but i would think in NYC it would be almost mandatory

It's not surprising to me...I've lived in NYC for 22 yrs, and I can't recall ever seeing an unmarked NYPD vehicle with side warning (I think the most common setup I've seen are Crown Vics w/ HAWs and a pair of Dual Vipers or Cudas to the rear, and a Slimlighter w/ a pair of grill lights, HLF, and LAWs in the front corners). Any side warning that I've seen is usually a Hatzolah vehicle (you can see their vehicles lit up from NJ) or Fed LEO vehicles. Only recently have I begun to see some intersection warning on NYPD's marked vans on the sides of the headlight housings. Don't get me wrong...I TOTALLY believe that they need intersection and side warning on all of their vehicles, but it's just not something I've seen on their sedans

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
pdk9 said:
(I think the most common setup I've seen are Crown Vics w/ HAWs and a pair of Dual Vipers or Cudas to the rear, and a Slimlighter w/ a pair of grill lights, HLF, and LAWs in the front corners).

Must be a difference in location...most common setup around here is a Impala, with a Dual Viper in the front, two Dual Vipers on the deck, HLF, and LAW's in the front. As far as I've heard, the only NYPD vehicles that use Whelen are Highway.

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
911EL said:
True words. 80% of the NYPD marked cars are equipped with FedSig Dual Viper deck lights that only half of the light works. The rest of the light is burnt out.
Thanks for sharing your experience with our state of the art shop!

Manny,

That I can chime in and say that it is very true... Dual vipers on marked cars in my pct are mostly dead.

pdk9 said:
It's not surprising to me...I've lived in NYC for 22 yrs, and I can't recall ever seeing an unmarked NYPD vehicle with side warning (I think the most common setup I've seen are Crown Vics w/ HAWs and a pair of Dual Vipers or Cudas to the rear, and a Slimlighter w/ a pair of grill lights, HLF, and LAWs in the front corners). Any side warning that I've seen is usually a Hatzolah vehicle (you can see their vehicles lit up from NJ) or Fed LEO vehicles. Only recently have I begun to see some intersection warning on NYPD's marked vans on the sides of the headlight housings. Don't get me wrong...I TOTALLY believe that they need intersection and side warning on all of their vehicles, but it's just not something I've seen on their sedans

Yep you are right, although the slimlighters only highway has it or new cars... and yes hatzolah you can see them from NJ, LOL

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
The NYPD's Chevy Impala's as well as the Crown Vic's have very good intersection strobes/Hideaways, The new Ford Taurus are really bad and have no intersection visibility.

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
anystrobe said:
The NYPD's Chevy Impala's as well as the Crown Vic's have very good intersection strobes/Hideaways, The new Ford Taurus are really bad and have no intersection visibility.

Right. Just so you know that most new taurus cars that you see in the dept are take home vehicles for the commanding officers and higher ups. I'm guessing thats why they are not stressing the installation, because most of them dont rush to calls...

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
anystrobe said:
However, you can see in my video of the Taurus there is a part that is shot from a side angle and does have pretty decent intersection visibility.

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
gabrod said:
Right. Just so you know that most new taurus cars that you see in the dept are take home vehicles for the commanding officers and higher ups. I'm guessing thats why they are not stressing the installation, because most of them dont rush to calls...

In Brooklyn south a lot of anti crime cars were changed to the Ford Taurus not only Co's

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
gabrod said:

Exactly! :)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
anystrobe said:
Hi FEVER

Such a shame.. cars could look alot better.

911EL said:
The back deck is not a install problem. Its the Lights and not just LED Guys Lights. The second PD package I posted a link of has WHELEN TALONS in the deck and they don't sync.

I know it is an equipment issue. Please don't take it as me saying it was an install issue. It's the only thing I'd fix on the car if I was allowed. I know all too well that an upfitter is bound by the constraints of the customer.

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
anystrobe said:
In Brooklyn south a lot of anti crime cars were changed to the Ford Taurus not only Co's

Appreciate pointing that out since I was not aware of it, I work in the Bronx and there I did notice the anti crime team going out in the fusion...

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
gabrod said:
Appreciate pointing that out since I was not aware of it, I work in the Bronx and there I did notice the anti crime team going out in the fusion...

The Ford fusion doesn't have such a bad intersection.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
gabrod said:
That I can chime in and say that it is very true... Dual vipers on marked cars in my pct are mostly dead.

Yep you are right, although the slimlighters only highway has it or new cars... and yes hatzolah you can see them from NJ, LOL

Hatzolah is a great helpful organization and I am Proud to be the one doing many installs for the vehicles they own. No matter if they can be seen in Russia, its the lights our shop installs that gets them to save many lives daily. I take pride in my service to them, and take pride in all my work.

Thanks goes for turning this thread into a positive thread!

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
911EL said:
Hatzolah as a great helpful organization and I am Proud to be the one doing many installs for the vehicles they own. No matter if they can be seen in Russia, its the lights our shop installs that gets them to save many lives daily. I take pride in my service to them, and take pride in all my work.

Thanks goes for turning this thread into a positive thread!

The work is nice on the Hatzolah vehicles, Just wondering how they get away with it.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
anystrobe said:
That vertex Hideaway in the corner looks really cool, Do you have any videos of that vertex on??

Sure, I have been here the whole day trying to get to know the people on ELB and I have learnt a lot in one day. I think I'm gonna hit my pillow and post that video in the morning.

To all the critics, Thanks! :)

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
anystrobe said:
That vertex Hideaway in the corner looks really cool, Do you have any videos of that vertex on??

Here is the video for the Vertex cut-out

This car has every angle covered.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.