Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
they're high, but not insane high....

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
toon80 said:
The blue-red amber rear flasher clear takedowns XL5000 is really nice, but I don't see it being 400$ nice.

something i just noticed. he says that XL has all LED bulbs. :duh:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Must a heard they are discontuning building the Vector and considers it a collector now.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
CrownVic97 said:
Okay, who gave this guy cocaine?

Probably found it insude the bar.

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
chief1565 said:

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

cant do that too many times, im already brain damaged and dont wanna make it worse. :p

but anyway.. this guy has to be on something good, either that or he just dosnt know what its worth. i looked at some of the other items he has listed and they are pretty fair more or less. so apparently this guy needs to be edumacated properly. :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Tristar said:
I think you're wrong about him being on drugs...If you check his address, it's probably Fantasy Island.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Pocket change. :nono:

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Last edited by a moderator:

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
chief1565 said:
Ok
This has got to be the worst rip-off yet.

And there is more than 1 listed.

Rigid Industries 40312 LED Flasher 3 Amp 2 Output 12 Volt L All | eBay

I do not see anything wrong with it as it is listed at about the MSRP of an equal Able 2 11.1005 Sho-Me LED Flasher ($2 more). It also has free shipping where it would be about $10 to $12 depending on where you buy it from. The cheapest price I saw was SWPS for $19 plus $10 shipping for a total of $29. Over at Strobes and More it is $29 plus $12 shipping for a total of $41. The cheapest I found the Rigid version was $30, but shipping was $9.00. Anther example of price is buying it directly from Rigid at $32.95 plus $12 shipping for a total of about $45. So for $38 it is a fair price considering shipping is at no extra cost.

So that being said, the price is not anywhere near a rip-off at $38 with free shipping. Rigid Industries does NOT manufacture their products for the emergency vehicle market, they make LED driving lights and their red, blue, green and amber have an intended purpose for off-road rally racing. By the way the MSRP of the Able 2 model is $36, but he Rigid one per Rigid is $32.95. So what one is the rip off when the Rigid is less if you pay MSRP?

At least Rigid is using an American made product and keeping those jobs here in the USA.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
K9Vic said:
I do not see anything wrong with it as it is listed at about the MSRP of an equal Able 2 11.1005 Sho-Me LED Flasher ($2 more). It also has free shipping where it would be about $10 to $12 depending on where you buy it from. The cheapest price I saw was SWPS for $19 plus $10 shipping for a total of $29. Over at Strobes and More it is $29 plus $12 shipping for a total of $41. The cheapest I found the Rigid version was $30, but shipping was $9.00. Anther example of price is buying it directly from Rigid at $32.95 plus $12 shipping for a total of about $45. So for $38 it is a fair price considering shipping is at no extra cost.

So that being said, the price is not anywhere near a rip-off at $38 with free shipping. Rigid Industries does NOT manufacture their products for the emergency vehicle market, they make LED driving lights and their red, blue, green and amber have an intended purpose for off-road rally racing. By the way the MSRP of the Able 2 model is $36, but he Rigid one per Rigid is $32.95. So what one is the rip off when the Rigid is less if you pay MSRP?

At least Rigid is using an American made product and keeping those jobs here in the USA.

If you had caught that when I posted it on the 4th it would have said 3600.00. somebody must have called him on it.

I wouldn't have put it in here for the 37.and change it is now at.Here's the one that was supposed to have been there

Rigid Industries 40312 LED Flasher 3 Amp 2 Output 12 Volt L All | eBay

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have opened this thread to all rip-off and high price related links, including on this site. Be professional and remember the people who made the listing will probably read this and may reply.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
his charging $12 for shipping on top of the 34.89

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
I have noticed with the way the enthusify is set up with paypal it will automatically add paypals charge in so if you as the seller want say 34.00 for your product and you want the buyer to pay the paypal fees it will add paypals percentage on. It is confusing at first I will admit because I was looking at it like why does it add a odd amount of change onto my listing. But then I read between the lines and figured it out.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
So that's the reason for the strange pricing. very interesting.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
MtnMan said:
As Is Target Tech 452142 Orange Strobe Light Parts or Repair | eBay

Item condition:For parts or not working

“no cord, person I bought it from said it stopped working
after he plugged it into house current"

Due credit to the seller for full disclosure, but I think this falls solidly into the basket case category.

It was probably really bright for about a millisecond, though.

It can be rebuilt though and with a lttle TLC back up and running.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
MtnMan said:
As Is Target Tech 452142 Orange Strobe Light Parts or Repair | eBay

Item condition:For parts or not working

“no cord, person I bought it from said it stopped working
after he plugged it into house current"

Due credit to the seller for full disclosure, but I think this falls solidly into the basket case category.

It was probably really bright for about a millisecond, though.

And it is not a strobe. Also I wonder how many, "short bus people" went to auctions to purchase a "popo" light and did just that thinking it would work. They got the 120 v and 12 v and the AC - DC part backwards.

BCD

Feb 14, 2013
Bethlehem, PA
RBRONKEMA GHTFD said:
I have noticed with the way the enthusify is set up with paypal it will automatically add paypals charge in so if you as the seller want say 34.00 for your product and you want the buyer to pay the paypal fees it will add paypals percentage on. It is confusing at first I will admit because I was looking at it like why does it add a odd amount of change onto my listing. But then I read between the lines and figured it out.

RB, don't take this as it is at you, because it's not directed at you at all...it is just a generalized statement. :) :yes:

As a business man who has offered CC acceptance since back in early 2000 & PayPal payments since 2003-ish...I can honestly say that charging the consumer for the percentage the processor takes is just immoral. If you don't want to lose out on that percentage/fee, then sell at "Cash/Check Only". We as vendors, service providers, etc. offer C.C. processing/PayPal as a convenience to our customers and to drive up sales that would not have taken place had we not offered that payment method/service.

Well...thats just my humble opinion on up-charging the price to negate/minimize the "profit loss" for providing the convenience factor to get the business in the first place. :cool:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Federal Signal Jetstrobe Vermont State Police Lightbar

[h=2]Federal Signal Jetstrobe Vermont State Police Lightbar - $275 (dallas)[/h]I just bought these 1991 Mustang SS coop and these lights came with it. I am not going to be needing them. They are in good condition, and hard to find

$275 #.972 878 3694

VSP3.jpg

Uh...pretty sure Vermont SP is all blue, and VSP never ran Mustangs. Oh, and $275 for a basic Jet Sonic?

VSP1.jpg

VSP2.jpg

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
HILO said:
Federal Signal Jetstrobe Vermont State Police Lightbar
[h=2]Federal Signal Jetstrobe Vermont State Police Lightbar - $275 (dallas)[/h]I just bought these 1991 Mustang SS coop and these lights came with it. I am not going to be needing them. They are in good condition, and hard to find

$275 #.972 878 3694

View attachment 51001View attachment 51002View attachment 51003

Uh...pretty sure Vermont SP is all blue, and VSP never ran Mustangs. Oh, and $275 for a basic Jet Sonic?

And a crappy one at that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.