Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
irsa76 said:
Local pest control truck. Wasn't actually wired for awhile either, now is and it is all amber with take downs and alley lights. Still trying to figure out why he needs it though, truck is also unmarked!

57510d1376122925t-official-whacker-screwed-up-install-thread-20130619_150550.jpg

Maybe for the advertising it yields? :haha:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
hoisy71 said:

Uh....what?

The only good thing is that I did not see any lights on that SAAB. Possibly due to the fact that if he adds a single Vertex to that over loaded SAAB electrical system, the car will melt.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
HILO said:
Uh....what?

The only good thing is that I did not see any lights on that SAAB. Possibly due to the fact that if he adds a single Vertex to that over loaded SAAB electrical system, the car will melt.

If I saw that car on fire on the side of the road, I'd salute its release from the undignified life it has.

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
strobecrazy said:
I love google! Found out they are a member here.

How I found out,

Go to the video above, he makes this comment.

View attachment 57898

So, I google that email and it give this.

View attachment 57899

(This thread: http://elightbars.org/forums/f20/siren-units-8840/ )

Then if you view his profile you will see him shooting a sign which connects back to him youtubing that.

View attachment 57900

View attachment 57901

This guy is an idiot and LEO impersonator. He thinks it's ok to use light and sirens illegally just like Twista, he should be banned from elightbars. He even acts like an a$$ to people when replying to them on elightbars. Go check out some of his earlier posts especially the thread "more dogs killed":hopeless:

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
..."I'm very inept on my setup"...(3:38)

Yeah, batteries in the cabin, great idea, why didn't I think of that! Says there's a box to cover them, is it vented to the outside of the car? I'm sure it is, after all, he's "inept".

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
funny. My lights are hooked up the same way...only my battery isn't crammed underneath the driver side seat. And there is a breaker box/fuse inline going to a distribution box, not that audio twist monkey jimmy rigged setup he has...

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
OMG. I'm at a loss for words. :eek:

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Why would run, wire and mount every thing right the first time when you can replace the 2 unsecured car batteries every 6 months for couple hundred bucks. That wiring actually scared me. I may have nightmares tonight. Hope he never gets hit

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
drb said:
Installer thinks he needs to pass the sweated bushing on the tube through the pillar, so he goes crazy with a Unibit. You'll note in the video that he says the instructions are horrible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBezgtJuZmE

I have never installed one, but I have removed them many times. You remove the fancy chrome outside tube and slide it from the inside out with it connected to the inside bracket. After that the spotlight shaft is slide back into the outside tube and tightened back up. You do NOT put the spotlight with the outer tube from the outside in, that is just stupid to think that is how it is done. Comprehension of basic instructions seems to not be part of his skill set. I had to stop the video after he butchered the front pillar with too large of a hole and comment here.

What a moron, the instructions are fine looking a them online at Unity. See step 5, basically what I just said in more words.

https://unityusa.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/4392REVGINSIDEPOSTSPOTLIGHTINSTALLATIONINSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
50theman said:
This guy is an idiot and LEO impersonator. He thinks it's ok to use light and sirens illegally just like Twista, he should be banned from elightbars. He even acts like an a$$ to people when replying to them on elightbars. Go check out some of his earlier posts especially the thread "more dogs killed":hopeless:

Check out his profile...he claims to be going to law school...Yale, no less.

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Tristar said:
Check out his profile...he claims to be going to law school...Yale, no less.

This blows... ive dealt with this kid before. Years ago seemed legit and a great guy. Then I see this shit. I should show you guys an email I still have. Pisses me off really...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
sounds like he has my pay scale....

is it green or is it the potato camera?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
layed it again with volume up and it sounds like he says its great lol

erikn

Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane, Australia

*shakes head*

What a nut. All that gear and it barely fits into a Saab with wires dangling like loose spaghetti noodles.

The computer blocking up the front passenger seat, and what in the hell is that thing below the speedo that had the Ethernet cable plugged in? (1:11 - 1:20 in the video).

Probably comes a close second on my personal list of 'whackermobiles' - this has to top the list: Ham Radio Car: Sale Photos

I bet you the owner of that car could talk to Mars or even further... :D

erikn

Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane, Australia

Nice idea, poor execution.
Wires hanging all over the place like spaghetti (plus the cigarette plug to banana plug converters) plus that computer mount blocks the passenger seat. And what is that thing below the speedo at 1:11 in the video?

For whackermobiles, this Saab comes a close second but can't beat this: Ham Radio Car: Sale Photos

May 10, 2012
New England
HILO said:
Uh......what?

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! That guy is a total nutjob!!

He sounds STONED! That light looks like a Chinese $25 special...which makes me wonder what his paycheck is. Maybe an allowance from Mom for mowing the lawn and taking out the trash?

And for the life of me, someone please tell me that the monstrosity of a cheesy amber lightbar (old Whelen Valu-Bar???) is not actually mounted and wired in for real...please tell me that's a joke...

I think I just lost an IQ point from seeing that video...wow....

ETA: And lest we forget the way that he says "green"...just creepy...like he's sheepishly pointing out the very final factor in the equation that will send him over the edge into a frenzy of total whackerdom, perhaps in his mom's bathroom with the door closed and a Galls catalog in one hand... :eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.