Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
This was at one of our campuses yesterday

call it what you want i say its unnecessary...

This is a mobile "worforce solution" aka unemployemnt office

IMG_0530.JPG

on the top near the front and you can see the one in the back those are WHITE (clear) halogen whelen beacons...

this thing doesnt clear intersections or respond to anything so no lighting is required escpecailly illegal lighting.... thats the state for you...

:rolleyes:

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
This was at one of our campuses yesterday

call it what you want i say its unnecessary...

This is a mobile "worforce solution" aka unemployemnt office

View attachment 164042

on the top near the front and you can see the one in the back those are WHITE (clear) halogen whelen beacons...

this thing doesnt clear intersections or respond to anything so no lighting is required escpecailly illegal lighting.... thats the state for you...

:rolleyes:

I don't really see it being whacker-ish. The rotating beacons are probably for just getting attention when they're parked unless of course they're running the lights while driving down the road. But then again, that could just be the operator forgot to turn the switch off.

B2CHN

Aug 2, 2015
Lakewood NJ
Another gem. Have seen him responding, every light head is a split red/blue. One major purple blur

Attachments

• 20170420_150722.jpg
    20170420_150722.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 61

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
"security work, roadsdie assistance i own my own compnay and SNOW REMOVAL"

"it makes you squint alot..."

bwahahahahaha

Reactions: minig0d

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I like how the back 3 are plugged into a 3-to-1 extension cord, and the front is plugged into a 2-to-1, with both of those and the cool "running lights" plugged into the 4-hole add-on that's plugged into the other 4-hole add-on that's got his radar detector and 2 dash cams also plugged into it, which we presume is then plugged into the original aux power outlet. I'm sure it's rated for all that. At least his cords are all nice and neat (mostly).

Reactions: EricTheNerd

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Oh, he will be blocking at least a lane of traffic with that car.... after they run into the back of it "squinting" at them wacade lights.

"their all wired this way cause its cheaper" - didnt realize the price of terminal assortments had skyrocketed so much.

people like this are why my state wont let anyone have any lights.... super unsafe.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
is it just me or is "ludicrous speed" all amber and clear lighting? hard to tell....

and uhhh thats one way to mount your mic

Reactions: Kendreth

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Theresa slim chance for this guy... at least he has some t 3s

Reactions: Kendreth

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i always stop traffic for active shootings.... :rolleyes:

its broad daylight...... OUTSIDE!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
now granted my pickup us has lights on it, my trailer has 2 oval self contained strobes on the fenders if this guy actually used 240 feet of wiring for this.. every connection must be at the battery and still would be about 100 feet to much...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
hopefully this isnt a member here but...

" i just set the e brake here and put the truck in reverse"

also emt and house switch panels with 12v wiring? (who knows what kind of wire is inside....)

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
"security work, roadsdie assistance i own my own compnay and SNOW REMOVAL"

"it makes you squint alot..."

bwahahahahaha

To be fair those Chinese lights are actually pretty fricken bright.... Like im serious head on they give whelen talons competition and im not joking. And for $16-20 bucks that should be scary to a big company like whelen that those little play lights are bright as hell.... At that point I think your just buying a warranty and a name.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
To be fair those Chinese lights are actually pretty fricken bright.... Like im serious head on they give whelen talons competition and im not joking. And for $16-20 bucks that should be scary to a big company like whelen that those little play lights are bright as hell.... At that point I think your just buying a warranty and a name.
until the chinese lights start your vehicle on fire...

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
until the chinese lights start your vehicle on fire...
Are you prejudice or do you actually know of such cases?
Nowadays when more or less every manufacturer has moved the production to China you never know anything about quality.
It is very common to buy all the parts in China and assemble the product in Europe or USA and you can claim the product to be manufactured in, let say, USA.
There are companies that buy standard products in China and put their name on it and the price went up 400-500%.
To my knowledge the LED chips used in all LED products, regardless of where they might be assembled, are manufactured by Chinese producers.

Michael

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Nowadays when more or less every manufacturer has moved the production to China you never know anything about quality.
It is very common to buy all the parts in China and assemble the product in Europe or USA and you can claim the product to be manufactured in, let say, USA.
There are companies that buy standard products in China and put their name on it and the price went up 400-500%.
To my knowledge the LED chips used in all LED products, regardless of where they might be assembled, are manufactured by Chinese producers.

Michael

So far this whole your car starting on fire thing has been a myth... I have NEVER seen any proof of any guys car catching on fire due to "Chinese" lights. I DO happen to have actual photos of WHELEN lights catching on fire and if was not for a very attentive officer who put the fire out his car would of been engulfed.. so this whole "Nice Chinese lights you will be responding to your own fire" thing is all BS. I do think that most fires start because "Chinese" lights draw a certain type of individual who does not know how to wire his lights the correct way and he might burn down his car due to shitty install job. But the lights actually catching on fire no..

Reactions: jws926

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY

Michael

It was ment more as a joke. I have seen lights from just about every manufacturer catch fire. Most of them due to improper installation practices.

Reactions: jws926

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
was on my daily courier route and spotted this on I 24

View attachment 163760

i wonder if the cowl was added after the lightbar?
Not unheard of, likely has a light infront of the cowl as well. I'm seeing more trucks with a minibar behind the air deflector for oversize work around here, especially since trucks are usually targeted for 360* warning. All that said, I'd run the full size light bar in front and a beacon under the cowl.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
No lighting on the front

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i thought it was supposed to be a T I V (I is for intercept)

Reactions: Station 3

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
Re: funnel patrol
leave it to one of my neighbors....lol No not really, just in same state....still dang funny tho

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.