Old on New-Contested ended, some cool pics though

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Vintage equipment on newer vehicles. It can be funny, it can be awful... it can be awesome. I am starting a contest for the best old equipment posed or installed on a new vehicle picture.

I will post the pics I have , and go out and get some new ones too. Anyone who lives in the area is free to stop by, and get your vehicle's pic taken with any of the lights from my collection on your car..... If one of my pics would win I'd give the beacons to the owner of the vehicle pictured (none of my pics are on my cars).

So, post your best "Old on new" pics. If I get over 100 submissions in addition to mine before the end of the Year, I will narrow the field with a panel of judges and then have a site wide vote. The winner gets 3 of the biggest beacons ever made for vehicular use, a PAR 46 North American 400?, a Tripp Lite RF64 and a Tripp Lite S74. Other minor prizes will be awarded in categories such as funnies, ugliest, most effective, rarest light, most expensive car, light worth more than car... etc if there are 200 submissions or more.

Each vehicle counts as a submission. The person who took or has the rights to the photo must be the submitter. If the photographer is not the owner, the registered owner of the vehicle must give permission for the item to be placed and photographed.

For entertainment purposes only. If winner's wife of boss forbids 3.6 cubic feet of beacons in their house, the winner may accept a lifetime membership to the site.... and that's the gift that you can't get rid of.

So reply to this thread with your submissions.

2 (2).jpg

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The car that started it all ... ie gave me the idea for the contest.

bubble2.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I'm not at my hometown right now to start posing my '95 Crown Vic with my sealed-beam stuff. Dammit!

In all seriousness, this thread is gonna be really good :2thumbs:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I'll get a photo of my current working set-up when I get home tonight. Everyone else, just give it up now. You've seen the high quality equipment JazzDad Industries supplies. This was the granddaddy prototype.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here's a few more.

acurabubble.jpg

silveradobubble.jpg

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I swear, once I get back to Upstate, I'm taking pictures of my CandyCane Aero on top of my blue Civic. It'll look ridiculous! :D

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
OK, so the picture didn't turn out so good. (Cheap Chinese iPhone knockoff.) :Banghead:

Winning pic.JPG

Late model Beemer with a giant FireBeam on the convertible roof.

Ya'll never had a chance.

Sorry to all the other would-be competitors.

Maybe next time.

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
JazzDad said:
OK, so the picture didn't turn out so good. (Cheap Chinese iPhone knockoff.) :Banghead:

View attachment 44384

Late model Beemer with a giant FireBeam on the convertible roof.

Ya'll never had a chance.

Sorry to all the other would-be competitors.

Maybe next time.

:thumbsup:fixed it for you

Winning%20pic[1].jpg

qball

Jan 10, 2011
South Carolina
Getting ready for the Christmas Parade tonight...

I bought this light from MPD 818 earlier this year. I thought it was only fitting to take it out of the collection to ride the parade atop the Christmas tree. I'll get better pictures of it tomorrow with a real camera vs. my iPhone.

Q

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17208819/IMG_0701.MOV

Gator #1 update.jpg

Gator #2 update.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
lotsofbars said:
I vow to one-up this.
Pretty much the only way to do that is with a Twinsonic on a Corvette. :D

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
nerdly_dood said:
Pretty much the only way to do that is with a Twinsonic on a Corvette. :D

Back in the day I saw a red Twin mounted on a red mid-70's Caddy Coupe DeVille with a heavily padded white vinyl roof. Somebody's Chief, I think.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
qball said:
Getting ready for the Christmas Parade tonight...

I bought this light from MPD 818 earlier this year. I thought it was only fitting to take it out of the collection to ride the parade atop the Christmas tree. I'll get better pictures of it tomorrow with a real camera vs. my iPhone.

Q

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17208819/IMG_0701.MOV

see now I think that is just awesome. lol

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
fixed.JPG

Uh, yea, you fixed it for me. Thanks. :cry:

With my original dark, mysterious picture I had a chance at winning this contest. Now I'm going to have to come up with something else.

Maybe a new thread: Send a JazzDad Some Blinkies. I could say, "During this special time of year, it's good to stop and reflect on our good fortunes. But more importantly, we should think of the poor, helpless JazzDads who will spend this Christmas without flashing lights." It might work. :undecided: Play the pity card. :hahano:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
The XL on the Euro-Ranger gets my vote. :yes:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
2012 Ford F-150 with a Dietz Junior.

First with the blue Jet filter:

blue.JPG

Then the red:

red.JPG

How could this not possibly be the winner? Dietz Juniors first came out in 1898. 1898 to 2012= 114 years!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
One that I saw a few years ago that I wish I had a pic of was just the reverse of what we're seeing here. It was a '58 run-down-beat-up old blue Oldsmobile with a nice Sireno Condor lightbar on top: their version of a Twinsonic.

One day I was out and about and had the scanner on. On one of the car-to-car channels I heard two of Odessa's school police talking and one said to the other that he thought that one of the volunteer firemen was in town 'cause he was seeing a $2000 lightbar sitting on a $200 pickup. :eek:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Skip Goulet said:
Nice trick...but just try running "hot" with either of those juniors! :eek:

They do tend to heat up the mirror if you're not moving.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Skip Goulet said:
I can well imagine that! Still haven't spotted the crank siren on that truck, either. :p

You only need to stick your head out of the window and scream...low pitch so you are period-correct.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.