OMG.. LOOK at my take home ride.. HELP! haha

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
RJ* said:
I would say all the more reason not to go slicktop...

Agreed. I love me some slicktops, especially marked slicktops, but if you're doing checkpoints and busy 4-lane highways, I think I'd want a lightbar, no matter how ugly it was. Many of our troopers have slicktops, I have no idea how they get away with it on the interstate.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
Put the powercall that you are selling in it. Thats what I would do.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
cutiger said:
Put the powercall that you are selling in it. Thats what I would do.

:lol: i think i will skip out on that... I just was needing the money so i decided to sell it hopefully I will have enuough money for what i was needing to pay off that i can just trade my powercall for a siren or console or some LED's. :twisted:

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
so I got my interior pinnacles in and my 12 head ultra-lite and HOLY SHIT at these interior pinnacle! :shock: for such a small light they are amazing, so i think i will be pretty good without the lightbar :lol:

I played around and placed the rear pinnacle deck light and got someone to hold the 12 head ultra-lite in the top rear headliner to see how it looked and its just blinding bright.... I cant wait to get everything situated so i can do this install!

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
fireman616wfd said:
so I got my interior pinnacles in and my 12 head ultra-lite and HOLY SHIT at these interior pinnacle! :shock: for such a small light they are amazing, so i think i will be pretty good without the lightbar :lol:

I played around and placed the rear pinnacle deck light and got someone to hold the 12 head ultra-lite in the top rear headliner to see how it looked and its just blinding bright.... I cant wait to get everything situated so i can do this install!

I hope you have some lights to the sides as well.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
I f you guys work interdiction on highways, get a traffic director of some type. wheter the public undertstands it or not is immaterial, the amber is what is important. Homogenous colors on a car make zero sense in terms of safety. Moreso w/ blue. Blue sucks in direct sunlight, led or not.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
11b101abn said:
I f you guys work interdiction on highways, get a traffic director of some type. wheter the public undertstands it or not is immaterial, the amber is what is important. Homogenous colors on a car make zero sense in terms of safety. Moreso w/ blue. Blue sucks in direct sunlight, led or not.

i have a b/b/a/a/a/a/a/a/a/a/b/b Sound Off Ultra-Lite Traffic Director

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
RJ* said:
I hope you have some lights to the sides as well.

I will have white LED HAW's in the corners, also hope a set of Sound Off Raptors or ghost flush mounted on the side of my pushbar also something in my side rear windows but im not sure what type of light that will be yet or where exactly it will go back there.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
fireman616wfd said:
I am just starting to wonder if it will be too much in the rear deck now.. it was pretty dang bright :lol:

No way, it's super clean and perfect!

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
may help to post something in the wanted section .may get attention quicker

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
hawkspringsfire said:
Any updates yet?

as far as what? still needing some things before i do the install.. waiting on the supervisors to hopefully approve me a pushbar so i dont have to buy that out of my pocket also. They only thing they have got me without me paying for it is my badge, car, and........ o yea i got a new flashlight last week we got on a grant.

I still need (besides the pushbar) black honeycomb grille, some LED's for my side rear windows, grille lights, maybe a better console and the Sound Off 380 series siren, siren speakers. Anyone want to help me out on this stuff! :twisted:

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Thanks to K9cop116 he is giving me some side panels and filler plates for my console! :D

A couple of people have offered me PA300's and similar but I already have a PA300... I do want a 200 watt unit but really want a dual tone or 2 different sirens so i really need a siren with built in switches!

Also need a nice switchbox (would love slide switch) If anyone has anything laying around they dont want or want to get rid of CHEAP! Im hoping I can get the new Sound Off 380 dual tone still.

Rest of needed equipment before i can do install:

Push Bar (going before the board and hope they approve it! We have 4 cars without it and the sheriff is going to try to get all 4 so my fingers are crossed)

Mirror Lights

LEDs for my pushbar/grille and side pushbar

Something for my side rear windows which will be HEAVILY tinted so im not sure if i should even put a lighthead there or put some XP63's behind it just for SOME light.

If anyone has anything to sell at a good price or anything they arent using anymore and would be willing to part ways with it let me know please... im SO ready to get this install going.! :eek:

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
TCO said:
progress report :?:

I got some new Predator II's flush mount LEDs to mount on the side of my pushbar of ever get one... :( I will post a pic of them like I did the others.

Also have 1 predator II single head grille light to mount on the pushbar but I only have 1 of them so I have to get another.

Waiting on the following items before the install:

Siren/Switchbox

x1 Predator II grille lighthead

Pushbar

And the new Sound Off Intersector Mirror Lights.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
GranPrix said:
I was looking at this pic and I was wondering why there is soo much red/orange dirt build-up in the trunk?

Idk, I guess from our Gravel Roads and it getting in somewhere? I have to have a major cleaning on this baby

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Alright I have me a new Whelen LED spotlight on the way.. Now I need a few other things to hopefully come in and I will be ready for the install. I hope to have this done within the next 2 weeks.

Still trying to save my pennies for a pushbar...

Also Might just run 2 PA300 sirens (one has hi-lo and the other hyper yelp) and 2 switchboxes or try to find a switchbox like I already have (a GALLS pushbutton if anyone has one) or one with slide switch pursuit on it instead of trying for a nice siren/switchbox combo.

there is a member here that i am trying to purchase some used Predators from to put in my side rear window but he wont reply to me, just reads my message about wanting to purchase them. :cry:

I also will be getting my windows tinted hopefully this week and cant decide on rainguards on my windows or not?

any suggestions or does anyone have any equipment for me? I STILL NEED FILLER PANELS FOR A PRO-COPPER CONSOLE...

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Rain guards are an awesome investment, I love them on my car, it's nice knowing you can leave your windows open without people noticing they're even down a little bit, get some nice airflow while you're not in the car, and some fresh air while you're in it but want the a/c on.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Amanda said:
Rain guards are an awesome investment, I love them on my car, it's nice knowing you can leave your windows open without people noticing they're even down a little bit, get some nice airflow while you're not in the car, and some fresh air while you're in it but want the a/c on.

+1!

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
fireman616wfd said:
Alright I have me a new Whelen LED spotlight on the way.. Now I need a few other things to hopefully come in and I will be ready for the install. I hope to have this done within the next 2 weeks.

Still trying to save my pennies for a pushbar...

Also Might just run 2 PA300 sirens (one has hi-lo and the other hyper yelp) and 2 switchboxes or try to find a switchbox like I already have (a GALLS pushbutton if anyone has one) or one with slide switch pursuit on it instead of trying for a nice siren/switchbox combo.

there is a member here that i am trying to purchase some used Predators from to put in my side rear window but he wont reply to me, just reads my message about wanting to purchase them. :cry:

I also will be getting my windows tinted hopefully this week and cant decide on rainguards on my windows or not?

any suggestions or does anyone have any equipment for me? I STILL NEED FILLER PANELS FOR A PRO-COPPER CONSOLE...

dude aren't you a sound off dealer...ahem since i did get new sound off gear from you, i think you are... :) why would you get used equipment if you could get the new stuff at a discount?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.