OMG.. LOOK at my take home ride.. HELP! haha

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
kinnelonfire75 said:
dude aren't you a sound off dealer...ahem since i did get new sound off gear from you, i think you are... :) why would you get used equipment if you could get the new stuff at a discount?

:lol: Sound Off has been REALLY nice to me.. well my distributor has been.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
HELP NEEDED AGAIN:

ok I am ordering my pushbar for my car Tuesday (Go Rhino No Fascia Cut). I have a FS Dynamax speaker thats the old silver look and isnt in the best shape and its mounted behind my Grille right now and still works fine BUT... I am going to have a new Sound Off 380 series Siren but its only 100 watt output, So I have newer Whelen Siren with the multiple tones for this car also and I am thinking about putting both sirens in there in running 200 watts. SO....... here is my question:

#1 - Do i mount any speakers on the pushbar? If so where at and what speakers? I been thinking of the Whelen 314

#2 - Do I leave the dynamax where it is and put just one speaker on the PB or get 2 new black ones and mount them on my PB?

#3 - do i just buy another used dynamax and mount behind the grill and nothing on the Pushbar?

Reminder that I have 2 brand new Sound Off Predator IIs single head grille lights to mount somewhere on my PB. I need some help with this.

Suggestions..... Pictures..... PLEASE! its almost time for install, replacing some air condition stuff in my car and waiting on my mirror lights, siren, PB to come in.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
fireman616wfd said:
for this car also and I am thinking about putting both sirens in there in running 200 watts. SO....... here is my question:
#1 - Do i mount any speakers on the pushbar? If so where at and what speakers? I been thinking of the Whelen 314

the fedsig AS124's are nice and rugged speakers; i'd def look into those over the whelen speaker. i'd mount the as124 right on the PB

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
That wiring job, especially in the trunk, is a fire waiting to happen.

I have some parts to get your Edge bar back up to snuff, so don't take it off, and I also have a complete spotlight and a partial pushbumper that only needs the two mounting brackets. PM me if interested, thanks.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
QUESTION:

On my pushbar at the top of the bar I remember seeing this on some cruisers but cant find pics.. I know Las Vegas Metro has it but just a sticker on the top saying "SHERIFF" like Las Vegas Metros has "METRO POLICE" can anyone find one with sheriff on it and send me links to pics. Also what do yall think about me doing this on my pushbar?

ALSO FOR SALE:

is anyone interested in purchasing the lightbar? Had a guy that wanted it on here but i have messaged him twice and he hasnt opened the messages so idk.. make me an offer shipped.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
fireman616wfd said:
QUESTION:

On my pushbar at the top of the bar I remember seeing this on some cruisers but cant find pics.. I know Las Vegas Metro has it but just a sticker on the top saying "SHERIFF" like Las Vegas Metros has "METRO POLICE" can anyone find one with sheriff on it and send me links to pics. Also what do yall think about me doing this on my pushbar?

It's a pushbar - do you want to put something on it that's going to get scratch and dinged up?

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Well, OK, but a 3 buck can of Rustoleum and a piece of cardboard to "mask" behind it and it can look good forever.

What you REALLY need is for someone to build up a bead of weld that spells "POLICE" backwards that extends forward of the uprights. That way anything you ram gets branded. We did a smiley face on one of our entry rams, on a wood door it was pretty cool.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
any updates and pics on how your car is coming together :?:

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
TCO said:
any updates and pics on how your car is coming together :?:

I am in a 2 week waiting process right now... I may be upgraded to a 2005 CVPI and also waiting on my pushbar to come in.

Update:

I am putting an all blue 911EP WL24 stick on my pushbar instead of the single head predators.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
OK here is the list of Equipment I have and I need your opinions on where to install it and such....

- Sound Off Pinnacle Interior front bar (Blue w/ Takedowns)

- Sound Off Pinnacle Interior rear bar (all Blue)

- Sound Off 12 head Ultra-Lite (B/B/A/A/A/A/A/A/A/A/B/B)

- 911EP TD/WL 24 (all Blue)

- Sound Off "Intersector" Mirror Lights (Blue)

- Sound Off Predator II's *pair* Grille/Deck mount (Blue)

- Sound Off Predator II's *pair* Flush Mount (Blue)

- Sound Off Universal LED Hideaways *x6* ( 4 blue , 2 clears )

- Whelen LED Spotlight

- Setina Heavy Duty Pushbar

Still undecided about what to do about Siren Speakers.. whether to buy 2 new black ones and mount on PB, or just buy another used dynamax and hide it in grille with the other cast dynamax or buy 1 new black and mount it center on pushbar and leave the other dynamax behind the grille.

***all i have to buy now is a siren with slideswitch pursuit*** idk which one, probably a whelen.

I think thats it...

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Congrats on the new car. I know getting a 'new to me' ride can be a big moral booster.

I would do the Pinnacle's mounted to the headliner, the ultra-lite on the rear deck (with TA function, if able), td/wl on the push bumper, a pair of Predators on the side of the PB, and I would leave the strobes in the turn signals since they are brighter than LED's (and I'm a HUGE proponent of intersection warning). IDK if there are strobes in the reverse lights, but if so I would leave them there, other wise do a pair of blue/white led haw's in each and sync them, then put the other predators in the trunk to turn on when the lid is up. If the strobes are there, you could put the led haw's in the trunk with the same set up and put the predator's on the back seat door windows. As for the mirror lights and LED spot light, self explanatory... you send them to me ;) .

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
yea this is what i was thinking:

* front top windshield -Sound Off Pinnacle Interior front bar (Blue w/ Takedowns)

* lower rear deck - Sound Off Pinnacle Interior rear bar (all Blue)

* upper rear deck and use for my TD - Sound Off 12 head Ultra-Lite (B/B/A/A/A/A/A/A/A/A/B/B)

* mount to the upper bar of the pushbar - 911EP TD/WL 24 (all Blue)

* mirrors of course - Sound Off "Intersector" Mirror Lights (Blue)

* either sale these for a siren or mount in side rear windows - Sound Off Predator II's *pair* Grille/Deck mount (Blue)

* mount on side of pushbar - Sound Off Predator II's *pair* Flush Mount (Blue)

* 2 whites in front corner, and sell a pair of blue to put white in reverse lights because i will have so much blue and maybe put a pair of red in rear turn signals or sell a pair for cash for siren- Sound Off Universal LED Hideaways *x6* ( 4 blue , 2 clears )

* hook a LED flasher up to it on a seperate switch in "strobe flash mode"- Whelen LED Spotlight

* thought about taking that front "Setina" sticker off and putting a "SHERIFF" sticker there - Setina Heavy Duty Pushbar

I wont need anything when my trunk is raised really because I will have that lower rear deck pinnacle that shines easy under the lip.

txfire

May 19, 2010
Denton Co, TX
Casey....are you getting my PMs?? Do you have any or want to sell any radios? I need 2 more mobiles....but you don't seem to reply to me PMs so I was curious if you was getting them? Thanks

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I give up on my luck..... Motor is gone in the new car I was Issued (i didnt do it) and my old cars compressor locked up and my belts broke and all that good stuff. Looks like I may be having to share a car for a couple months..

txfire

May 19, 2010
Denton Co, TX
fireman616wfd said:
I give up on my luck..... Motor is gone in the new car I was Issued (i didnt do it) and my old cars compressor locked up and my belts broke and all that good stuff. Looks like I may be having to share a car for a couple months..

Are you still selling radios? I'll be needing probably 5-10 portables within next couple weeks?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
INSTALL COMPLETE!

will be posting pics up on a new thread in the next couple days so keep your eyes open and i will post a new link on here...

OR do you guys just want me to keep it on this same thread.?

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
fireman616wfd said:
got my new Whelen LED spotlight in today and about to try to put it in before going on shift... the only Whelen item on my car :cool:
Let me know how the led spotlight works I want to install one in my car also

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Luismariadarlene said:
Let me know how the led spotlight works I want to install one in my car also

works good.. really bright! It has its goods and bads as alot of products but Its a pretty straight beam of light and not flood as the halogen version. That baby will reach out there thats for sure! Took about 4 minutes to install the light. I used it on traffic stops lastnight and it blinded the piss out of the driver however it wasnt very good as a "scene light".

WPD8908

May 21, 2010
NW Ohio
I still cant get over the fact that you guys get to use / add your own lights on the dept cars. I changed the flash pattern on our justice and was about to be hung from a large oak tree before I changed it back.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
WPD8908 said:
I still cant get over the fact that you guys get to use / add your own lights on the dept cars. I changed the flash pattern on our justice and was about to be hung from a large oak tree before I changed it back.

Wow! Our cars with Justice bars come with a pattern change button on the switch box! We used to be able to add whatever we wanted to ours, until a guy put 2 traffic advisers in the back of his car (he could hardly see out the back after that). We can now have a dash light, a pair of lights on the PB, and a rear deck light.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
WPD8908 said:

haha yea we can do whatever we want... tint, rims, rain guards, window bars, lights, sirens etc... only thing is it has to come out of our pocket.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
also I didnt use the TD/WL 24, it looked like a little too much and I decided to just put a pair of Predators in the grille instead. Also Decided on just 4 instead of 6 LED HAW's because It looked clustered also.

callen240

Sep 16, 2011
Westchester county, NY
Did you get the Black updated grill? I would get rid of the wheel covers also. The black steel wheels look good when they are all cleaned up. Rear lights should be your first priority b/c of the checkpoints and traffic stops. You want the drunks and blue hairs to see you from far away when you are on the side of the road. it wasn't pretty to start with but hey, you got a car that's all yours. Good luck and stay safe out there.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
callen240 said:
Did you get the Black updated grill? I would get rid of the wheel covers also. The black steel wheels look good when they are all cleaned up. Rear lights should be your first priority b/c of the checkpoints and traffic stops. You want the drunks and blue hairs to see you from far away when you are on the side of the road. it wasn't pretty to start with but hey, you got a car that's all yours. Good luck and stay safe out there.

1. Welcome to the site.

2. Did you happen to notice this post is almost 2 years old? If you have questions you may want to PM the person.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.