please post pics of custom FF & EMS Licence Plates

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Indiana has two different license plates for firefighters. One is for professionals, and the other is for volunteers. There is a special registration process for the volunteer firefighter plates through the Indiana Volunteer Fireman's Association that takes up to 3 months. Many volunteer firefighters opt for the professional firefighters plate because any person off the street can get them with no affiliation and no wait.

[Broken External Image]:https://myweb.in.gov/BMV/mybmvportal/Portals/0/ProfFirefighters.jpg

[Broken External Image]:https://myweb.in.gov/BMV/mybmvportal/Portals/0/VolFirefighters.jpg

I haven't seen any of these in several years, so I think Indiana ceased offering an EMS license plate. This is what they used to look like.

awww.plateshack.com_y2k_Indiana_in2002ems.jpg

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
This is what we have in NC.

This is what is on most department owned police, fire, and EMS units.

ai953.photobucket.com_albums_ae14_andyrefs2010_plate6.jpg

This is on most of the NCSHP cars. They have some units that have regular plates as well.

ai953.photobucket.com_albums_ae14_andyrefs2010_plate5.jpg

The rest of these are what are on POV's if the person is wanting to pay a bit more for them.

ai953.photobucket.com_albums_ae14_andyrefs2010_plate4.jpg

ai953.photobucket.com_albums_ae14_andyrefs2010_plate3.jpg

ai953.photobucket.com_albums_ae14_andyrefs2010_plate2.jpg

ai953.photobucket.com_albums_ae14_andyrefs2010_plate1.jpg

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
These are the newest design for Ohio called "Beautiful Ohio"

Used on Ambulances

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_si_ems.gif

Professional Firefighters

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_si_oapf.gif

Volunteer Firefighters

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_si_vol_firefighter.gif

Ohio C.O.P.S.

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_si_ohio_cops.gif

F.O.P

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_si_fop.gif

Physician

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_si_physician.gif

There are so many others but those are just SOME of the plates you can get in Ohio but those are the ones dealing with emergency services.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
FireEMSPolice said:
Also, there is nothing beautiful about or new plates. I like my old Red, White & Blue

I couldn't agree more. THESE plates though are not so bad but the passenger ones are nasty looking IMHO.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
ISU_Cyclone said:
Dont LEO plates run the risk of having their vehicle keyed/damged/vandalized etc.? There are some not so friendly people out there.

Yeah, we call them "Key Me Tags" around here (Okla). You couldn't pay me to put one of those on my personal car.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Fluffy126577 said:
I couldn't agree more. THESE plates though are not so bad but the passenger ones are nasty looking IMHO.

They look like somebody barfed on a rectangular plate.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
In Florida, Law Enforcement along with other certain public servants have the option of having their plate "blocked". Meaning no one can get any info on you when the plate is run. And if the police run your plate only the person's name comes up and the police "should" know you're an LEO or a public servant.

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
Retired Firefighter

ai899.photobucket.com_albums_ac197_tonyDEEZ_2010_firefighter_ret_lg.jpg

Fallen Firefighter Memorial

ai899.photobucket.com_albums_ac197_tonyDEEZ_2010_firefighter_memorial_lg.jpg

Active Firefighter

ai899.photobucket.com_albums_ac197_tonyDEEZ_2010_firefighter_lg2.jpg

EMS

ai899.photobucket.com_albums_ac197_tonyDEEZ_2010_ems_lg.jpg

And the plate that I personally hate,

ai899.photobucket.com_albums_ac197_tonyDEEZ_2010_arpfflg.jpg

A firefighter is a firefighter, it doesn't matter if you're a Volunteer or a Paid Firefighter. We all fight the same fire, so why should we have different plates?

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
kinnelonfire75 said:
An ingenious idea would be for my state (or any, for that matter) to make a plate for both the firefighters and EMTs. :roll:

Or maybe update the EMT plates to reflect the current standard. Im pretty sure NJ hasn't had EMT-A's in years.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
In NY you have to pay for vanity plates that you can get with pretty much whatever you want. What I don't understand is that if you get Vol. FF plates (what I have) you only need to pay the fee once. If you get other plates like EMT (which I also am), you need to pay a fee every time you renew your registration. It doesn't make sense.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
VF is a one time fee. The VAS plate is less then the EMT plate but still a yearly fee. I always wondered why VF get a better deal then Volunteer Ambulance Service.

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
I dig the fire plates but the cop plates make me cringe! Bad officer/family safety move. The chances of bodily injury are probably slim, but if you're in that 1%, it sure would suck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.