SoundOff Configurator Software

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
SoundOff actually has the best stuff out there right now. Between nForce, mPower, and a bluePRINT controller it is the best overall system out there by far. No other company compares.

I personally like the Whelen Legacy bar better, although it's not as bright and the entire bar can't be dual color. But I think it looks better on the car than the nForce bar. But the WeCan control/integration is a decade behind bluePRINT.

The admins were deleting my posts on other threads. So I can share all of the knowledge/tools/experience I have, but not my opinions. Fuck that. Notice they won't delete any of these posts, and won't let me edit them either.

That's the problem with this forum. It's largely a collective group of whackers. Hence the power trip and overreaching moderation. And hence the cult like devotion to every shit light brand out there (Can you pronounce Feniex?), and the straight up encyclopedia knowledge on 100 year old light bars. Like, I can search and tell you product numbers on every aerodynic ever made, but can't even get a basic understanding of the Vision SLR. Because no one here has a job where they get one, the knowledge and interest to learn it, or the money to buy it themselves. So they trade aerodynics and mx7000s back and forth.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
The nForce bar doesn't look great, but the new mPower bar looks amazing. If I won the lottery, I'd be running nothing buy SoundOff on my vehicle, with bluePRINT. I just can't afford to go that route now.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
And now he needs my help. I'll let Jman423 email you the software. Oh... Wait... He doesn't have it.

What you think I have and what I actually have are much like your assumptions about how we moderate the site... completely wrong. However, I don't distribute software that is tightly restricted by the manufacturer, even if I disagree with it being restricted in the first place.

I see there is drama on this forum and it looks like John Smith's posts are being deleted, which is a shame, because the whole point of this is to make everyone better at this new technology and not just talk about fed signal vectors.
Not a single one of his posts was deleted, and he is the only one making drama where there doesn't need to be any. I do hope someone is able to help you out.

Reactions: tsquale

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
FWIW, early control heads were not marked Blueprint as they were the same head for the Nergy line.

It is hard to get Blueprint information because you’re supposed to be certified to have access to the software. The number of people who are playing around with Blueprint is a lot smaller than those who have programmed a Whelen Cencom.

The blessing of Blueprint is that it can do almost anything. The curse is that amount of options makes programming more difficult and frustrating.

Reactions: tsquale and Tony P

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
SoundOff actually has the best stuff out there right now. Between nForce, mPower, and a bluePRINT controller it is the best overall system out there by far. No other company compares.

I personally like the Whelen Legacy bar better, although it's not as bright and the entire bar can't be dual color. But I think it looks better on the car than the nForce bar. But the WeCan control/integration is a decade behind bluePRINT.

The admins were deleting my posts on other threads. So I can share all of the knowledge/tools/experience I have, but not my opinions. Fuck that. Notice they won't delete any of these posts, and won't let me edit them either.

That's the problem with this forum. It's largely a collective group of whackers. Hence the power trip and overreaching moderation. And hence the cult like devotion to every shit light brand out there (Can you pronounce Feniex?), and the straight up encyclopedia knowledge on 100 year old light bars. Like, I can search and tell you product numbers on every aerodynic ever made, but can't even get a basic understanding of the Vision SLR. Because no one here has a job where they get one, the knowledge and interest to learn it, or the money to buy it themselves. So they trade aerodynics and mx7000s back and forth.

Why are you still here if we're all so horrible? I don't care what you say or how you say it... but if you're here to do anything but ask for help or help someone else, you're useless to all of us.

Pucky

May 31, 2013
Virgina Beach - VA
Hello..I can´t Programming my nForce interior split lightbar 18LED

I testet with 3 diffrent Computers..nothing

The Progamm setup.exe will not start.

I have downloaded and the Box was switch On and Activ (LED Dots)

what is wrong ?

i have pictures from the last Computer in the appendix..

can you find the error ?

Pic 2 (Details)

Pic 3 (Details)

Attachments

• 20190423_212354.jpg
    20190423_212354.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190423_212441.jpg
    20190423_212441.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190423_212503.jpg
    20190423_212503.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 23

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jesus... there are a bunch of blow hards that can't let things go in here.

Miserable people like to stay mad at people over stuff that really don't matter.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Jesus... there are a bunch of blow hards that can't let things go in here.

Miserable people like to stay mad at people over stuff that really don't matter.
Right? What a toddler. "Oh my post was removed because it didn't follow the rules. Poor me". God forbid we get over ourselves and share the knowledge we claim to have instead of continuing to throw a temper tantrum.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Can we bring the ring back? I have some great meme’s I can make with this photo.

“Aaron why do you always say lets just touch the tips?”

Attachments

• 15142340-0F36-49CB-9F33-8CE10F858BB5.jpeg
    15142340-0F36-49CB-9F33-8CE10F858BB5.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 26

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Can we bring the ring back? I have some great meme’s I can make with this photo.

“Aaron why do you always say lets just touch the tips?”

I will say that I did discover the single deleted post that set this Hudson, Colorado Marshall off on his recent rant, and it was because he offered absolutely nothing to the thread, and only had negative things to say about our site and our community. I didn't even know the post had been moderated.

Having said that, I'm sorry to the OP and others that came to this thread looking for help and instead had to watch this temper tantrum unfold.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
My biggest gripes about BluePRINT:
4) Lastly, and this is about the nForce light bars, the simultaneous flash patterns are fairly limited. The patterns themselves are not, but to get simultaneous flashing there's only a couple. Basically I wanted to program my rear bar to do the CHP rear pattern (Amber slow alternating with red and blue). There's only 1 pattern that makes this possible, and I'm not particularly impressed with it.

I don't know about the nForce bars but, if you're running an mPower lightbar, you have options. By default, the slower patterns are setup to alternate and flash half the bar at a time. If you dig into the flash pattern setting, you can shift the phase of half of the bar. This forces everything to flash together, regardless of whether you've selected a simultaneous pattern or not.

I was just working on this tonight and figured it out and it is GLORIOUS. I have the entire lightbar, entire rear deck traffic advisor, and trim rings of a Dodge Charger flashing together in perfect synchronicity.

My other gripe with Blueprint is that there isn't enough control over the lightbar for auxiliary functions. I like steady burn, full power lights mixed in but I want to be able to separately control front and back modules. I end up programming a set as "steady" and have to use one of the "flood" patterns for the other set. Stationary 1 and Stationary 2 would be really nice to have. Alternatively, they could increase the maximum cruise brightness above 50% to do the same thing. Even better would be adding Cruise 1 and Cruise 2 so you could control front and rear cruise modes.

Reactions: Tony P

Turndwn4wut

May 21, 2019
Louisiana
Wow, thanks, for the late response.

So I've read through the thread and think I have some of the basics needed to maybe help me out. My unit is controlled through blueprint but of course getting that program is about as easy as getting into Fort Knox.

I'm trying to make a few changes to my lightbar (mpower) without changing or overriding anything in bluePRINT that will cause me to have to take my unit to HQ.

I've installed the Soundoff Signal configuration software and have been thumbing through it trying to make heads or tails of everything. When I connected my breakout box to my computer it recognized the overhead bar and identified the LED modules accordingly.

When I go to the breakout box inputs tab most of the push buttons and their functions correspond correctly. I'm guessing the siren level 1,2,3 corresponds to the lever. I noticed that the priority level for each one is set to 3, which I'm afraid if I upload any changes to test them may override the two rear inboard modules that illuminate red when I brake or anything else and I'm not sure how to fix this if I do since the lightbar read isn't exactly correct from the beginning. Next, my siren level 2 is currently set to flash both the front and rear modules flash. Yet in the breakout box tabs siren level 2 is only showing the front lights flashing. When I set my siren level to 3 it's currently set to display the impact flash pattern along with activating my front push bumper lightbar, yet there is no flash pattern mode selected in the breakout box tab to indicate this flash pattern was registered when the program read the light bar.

I know in the previous messages someone said nothing that is done in the program will override anything bluePRINT does but I found when I updated the firmware somethings were overwritten. Like when I put my vehicle in park and flip the high beams on the front of the light bar will illuminate all white as will all other front auxiliary lights.

With all of this being said I'm trying to make my lightbar do the following. When the siren box switch is off I want to be able to illuminate all my bar with cruise lights. I want it to flash the DC1 pattern on the rear with the front inboard 1 modules illuminating in a cruise mode when the siren select switch is set to siren level 1. I want it to flash DC1 on the front and rear when set to siren level 2. Siren Level 3 can remain the same.

Just some side questions. One of my buttons are set to cut the front lights on the bar and another set to cut the rear. Is this something in the configurator or is it set by bluePRINT because I don't see these buttons functions in the program? Also last time I was at HQ I left and noticed my high beams no longer work. The indicator on the dash comes on but my high beams don't. Is this a programming issue through bluePRINT?

I know this post was long and a convoluted mess and I'm sure if I understood the program a little better I could make a more coherent post.

Any direction would be great but if it's just better I don't do anything don't hesitate to tell me that either.

Than you all

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Several thoughts.

First, you need to find out if your system is setup with the Link system or they’re pulling signals from direct wired connections to the vehicle. Direct connections _may_ be causing your headlight issue.

Second, by default the pursuit switch is additive. Moving to 2 means that whatever was on 1 is still activated. I found it much easier to change the pursuit switch to the mode that has each level as a standalone. This makes it easier for a variety of reasons including not having to include turn off signals in each position.

Regarding your brakes, I set functions like that and gun locks to a higher priority level so they don’t get buried in other functions. I also set special response matrixes at higher levels.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest

Literally exactly how I feel. Well said.

Reactions: jlofties

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Thanks. That's not to take away from the older bars. I absolutely love a well built, clean MX, Jetsonic, Aerodynic, and Vector. They're beautiful, classic, and still effective. And for someone who collects them for this reason, hell, all the more power to you! We still have a car (In a fleet of 7) with an MX bar (Although the lower level steady Burns and traffic adviser have been converted to LED). And it's a great bar, looks sharp, works perfect, and effective.

But God knows it's patterns don't change when I open the rear passenger door.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Ive been a long time lurker here but recently joined because the new car has BluePrint Soundoff lightbar system. I didnt even know Soundoff was a mainstream lightbar, but ive been impressed with it.

Due to it being new, there is not much information available. This forum is one of the few, if not only places to get advice on the new system without going to BluePrint class.

I see there is drama on this forum and it looks like John Smith's posts are being deleted, which is a shame, because the whole point of this is to make everyone better at this new technology and not just talk about fed signal vectors.

I appreciate his responses and anyone that can offer their 2 cents in, because I sure can't.

I've watched the thread from the start and got email notifications. I have no earthly idea what he is talking about with post being deleted. None of them were. lol

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Posts were deleted from another thread where I shared my opinions. Of course they won't delete them from here, I'm the only one with the software.

Whether you're looking at the bar or not, it's illuminating you. The system is capable of doing almost anything you can imagine. You want a single brake light and one of your high beams to come on for 3 seconds when fuel level is below 5% and the car is in gear? Done.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Posts were deleted from another thread where I shared my opinions. Of course they won't delete them from here, I'm the only one with the software.

Well what the hell do the rest of the SOS dealers have? I guess SOS lied to me when I was told that's what this software was...
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The software is nice... but it's not completely critical for law enforcement. It does make some things easier if used properly, but the problem is the bulk of the agencies are not training officers to use it properly.

I pretty much sit down with them and ask them if they are willing to train their people. If not, I tell them I'd go with the cheaper installation. John Hearne you have about a decade and a half on me for LEO experience but I get what you are saying. There are some things about it that CAN give you a superior tactical advantage if it is used properly. The equipment/software is really just in it's infancy. I suspect there will be numerous things to come that will be awesome. But it's going to come down to cost and training.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Really? Do you think we care at all what you do or don't have? You're awfully full of yourself :rolleyes:

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Well what the hell do the rest of the SOS dealers have? I guess SOS lied to me when I was told that's what this software was...
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The software is nice... but it's not completely critical for law enforcement. It does make some things easier if used properly, but the problem is the bulk of the agencies are not training officers to use it properly.

I pretty much sit down with them and ask them if they are willing to train their people. If not, I tell them I'd go with the cheaper installation. John Hearne you have about a decade and a half on me for LEO experience but I get what you are saying. There are some things about it that CAN give you a superior tactical advantage if it is used properly. The equipment/software is really just in it's infancy. I suspect there will be numerous things to come that will be awesome. But it's going to come down to cost and training.
Well then you certainly weren't willing to help and share your knowledge, as this is the first reply with any sort of info in it. You also didn't correct any of the incorrect things posed here, including things I said earlier (I have since gotten better with the program and learned how to do things I previously said it couldn't do).

Like you said, it of course isn't critical, there's agencies that still run Code 3 bars. It simply makes for more effective lighting over a wider variety of circumstances.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
My biggest gripes about BluePRINT:

1) Aside from the main nForce light bars, all other lighting modules must be on the same flash pattern when flashing. For example, my car has nForce and mPower modules all over it. So I cannot have my rear license plate mPowers go "slow runner" while the front/side lights go "quint".

4) Lastly, and this is about the nForce light bars, the simultaneous flash patterns are fairly limited. The patterns themselves are not, but to get simultaneous flashing there's only a couple. Basically I wanted to program my rear bar to do the CHP rear pattern (Amber slow alternating with red and blue). There's only 1 pattern that makes this possible, and I'm not particularly impressed with it.

I was wrong about #1 and #4. Changing flash patterns on just some modules on a bluePRINT car is possible, it's just a pain in the ass. It requires building a matrix. So I built a matrix for a front nForce module on Code 2, as well as all the rears for Code 3. I'll try and get a video tonight maybe.

John Hearne was absolutely right on #4, changing the phases on the bar will allow simultaneous flashing. He helped me get my rear bar nearly identical to the CHP pattern. Looks great now!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Well then you certainly weren't willing to help and share your knowledge, as this is the first reply with any sort of info in it. You also didn't correct any of the incorrect things posed here, including things I said earlier (I have since gotten better with the program and learned how to do things I previously said it couldn't do).

Like you said, it of course isn't critical, there's agencies that still run Code 3 bars. It simply makes for more effective lighting over a wider variety of circumstances.

Probably because I have not actually read the thread.. But you are awfully demeaning and clearly you just feel like insulting everyone else because no one is as good as you. Quite frankly that's probably the biggest reason you may have even had an issue on this site to begin with.

I stay way too busy to be on here that much or even as much as I used to be. I wish I could, but I simply work way too hard and long right now. Maybe one day I'll be as good as you and can accomplish everything in seconds though.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
But it's going to come down to cost and training.

I've given up on training cops to do most anything with emergency warning equipment. Even something as simple as turning the takedown lights on seems beyond some officers. My goal has been to automate everything possible. I love blueprint because I can think of the most likely tweaks and make them happen automatically.

If you trust people to dim the lights at night, they'll never do it. If you build a matrix that dims the lights when the vehicle is in park and the parking lights are turned on, then they don't have to think about it. I'm really close to doing a matrix that will automatically activate the takedowns under similar conditions.

My problem is that most installers aren't LE or haven't been LE forever. They don't know what the lights should do and default to making the customer happy by putting as many lights as possible on the vehicle and flashing them as fast as possible. I mean, how many years have sirens had a park kill option and what percent of installers bother to hook it up?

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I couldn't agree more. We did away with the double press for front flood. Before had the single press do just a couple takedowns, double press floods the entire bar. Cops couldn't figure it out.

When we first got the cars, had one brilliant officer ask me how to turn the arrow stick off. It was on left but pressing it again made it go right not off.

So I left those as simple as could be, and just played with my own.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
This is more of a gripe than anything else. But man alive bluePRINT is buggy. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've got it programmed correctly, there are no issues with the programming, but yet the lights don't always follow the program. They are at least consistent in their deviation.

I've got a pursuit kill button (PK), where it kills all rear lights, then slow runner alternates a single amber and blue module on the bar. At least that's what it's supposed to do.

Just pressing the PK button activates the a/b properly.

Pressing PK on Code 1 works properly.
Pressing PK on Code 2 does not, it flashes the a/b together (Simultaneous).
Pressing PK on Code 3 also flashes the modules together, but now flashes them r/b.

So weird.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Of course make some minor programming changes, switched bar modes 3 and 4 around, changed some priorities, and now it's perfect. Again, programming wasn't wrong before. Just buggy.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Yeah. If you keep the programming super simple, you limit what you can accomplish. SOS obviously didn't choose this option.

The whole process is very much like writing a complex computer program where one change can ripple through the system. I still find it easier to make the pursuit switch distinct functions and write an extra matrix. It does keep it very clean.

Remember, if you hold down "alt" and mouse over an item, you can see the relationships it has. This is the only way I've been able to troubleshoot these issues.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
That's it! I had totally forgotten the alt mouse combo, and was trying to figure out forever what a button did. Thank you!!!

Last problem I can think of for now. One of my single B/W nForce modules had the colors reversed on its previous install, and my current flash pattern dances and then flashes the white for a second. Well it's weird when the entire car flashes white, except for that 1 module blue. So now to dig out the wires to reverse it.

Cody M

Mar 27, 2014
Oklahoma City
Thread: Revived!

Ok, this software is pretty sweet once you get the hang of it. Does anyone know if there is a way to preview flash patterns in the software? With the SmartLogic software, you can do a test run of the patterns and sync, but I haven't found that feature or info on it within the SoundOff software.

Also, what is "Pattern Drift"?

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Not that I ever found, no. The only way I ever found was to upload it to the car to test, which was quite frustrating, especially when you're trouble shooting.

I don't know about pattern drift either.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.