The Worst Police vehicles thread.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Lexington, NE. I know the photos are a little small but they were with a first generation digital camera. Plymouth Acclaim and Dodge Spirit.

LexingtonPoliceDepartment-90sDodgeSpirit.jpg

LexingtonPoliceDepartment-90sPlymouthAcclaim.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I have posted it many time son this and other versions of the boards. its called the litter bug. it was a VW with a Porsche 911 engine in it.... it has a new counterpart. a newer bug with the whelen bars they use now...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372186992.362251.jpg

This lighting on this is terrible. I hate the clear code3 "900s"

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
ai619.photobucket.com_albums_tt272_lafd55_3068253840_4b7993b525_b_zps0da96f63.jpg

Now I love the fact that it has a very classic Aero and a very classic McDermott on a CrownVic with 2001+ license plate. But I am also a guy who rather have a more modern light on it.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Storm4200 said:
View attachment 54864
This lighting on this is terrible.
By which you mean it's got a reasonable amount? And what's wrong with the Code 3 lights?

lafd55 said:
ai619.photobucket.com_albums_tt272_lafd55_3068253840_4b7993b525_b_zps0da96f63.jpg
Now I love the fact that it has a very classic Aero and a very classic McDermott on a CrownVic with 2001+ license plate. But I am also a guy who rather have a more modern light on it.
You don't even know what to think about it, you like it but you want newer lights and put it in the Worst thread? That car would be gorgeous with the lenses cleaned up. Get out, you're fired.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
lafd55 said:

It would be even cooler if it were a Police Car. As a civilian use Road Ops car, its cool.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
nerdly_dood said:
You don't even know what to think about it, you like it but you want newer lights and put it in the Worst thread? That car would be gorgeous with the lenses cleaned up. Get out, you're fired.
I agree , I love it and think it looks great and would be gorgeous car with a nice polish to both the car and lightbar!

RyanZ71 said:
I disagree. That lightbar makes it look very ugly. Those old Aeros don't belong on anything beyond 1991.
Are you kidding me! The 1992-1997 LAPD cars looked fantastic with the all light Aeros on them! I think LAPD should have adopted the LED Aeros as a replacement and keep the trend going!

HILO said:
It would be even cooler if it were a Police Car. As a civilian use Road Ops car, its cool.
I disagree, It be much cooler if it was MY police car! haha!

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
RyanZ71 said:
I disagree. That lightbar makes it look very ugly. Those old Aeros don't belong on anything beyond 1991.

Lemme guess... You like LEDs, don't you? :hopeless:

don't hurt me please

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
nerdly_dood said:
Lemme guess... You like LEDs, don't you? :hopeless:
don't hurt me please

Close....he likes LED's on his Ford F150! :razz:

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Wow, aren't you two just the perfect little trolls. :bonk:

1. I do not care for LEDs I prefer strobes personally.

2. My days of driving a Ford truck ended about 10 years ago. Never again.

3. Like I said, I personally believe that in 1991/1992 when the aero dynamics of the cars changed for both the Caprice (1991) and Crown Vic (1992) the bars on these newer and more aerodynamic (har har har) cars made them look flat out stupid and ugly having an Aero on it. They didn't look too bad with the Jet Sonic's, but an Aero on a car like that is as out of place as having a Twinsonic on there, as much as I love the Twinsonics. And no I do not have anything against the Aeros.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
RyanZ71 said:

3. Like I said, I personally believe that in 1991/1992 when the aero dynamics of the cars changed for both the Caprice (1991) and Crown Vic (1992) the bars on these newer and more aerodynamic (har har har) cars made them look flat out stupid and ugly having an Aero on it. They didn't look too bad with the Jet Sonic's, but an Aero on a car like that is as out of place as having a Twinsonic on there, as much as I love the Twinsonics. And no I do not have anything against the Aeros.

The blinky-light part of me wants old lights on everything, but the aesthetic part of me says a lightbar's size should be proportional to the vehicle's headlights, so an Aerodynic looks good on a 98+ Crown Vic or a 90's Caprice, but looks goofy on a 90's Crown Vic. Similarly, an LP6000 isn't that big so it would look great on a 90's Crown Vic but too small on a Caprice or newer Crown Vic. An Edge 9000 (or, when period correct, a 9M or Freedom) isn't quite as tall as an LP but it doesn't have the angled profile so it looks chunkier, so it looks good on pretty much anything.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
RyanZ71 said:

Yeah, who would ever do something like a Twinsonic on a 90s era Crown Vic?

NiobraraPoliceDepartment-93FordCrownVictoria (2).jpg

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
This one is just back to the worst vehicles. Even though it's also a Smith and Wesson like the last one, that wasn't really a big issue. This car on the other hand.

kirtland.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
brianmcfa said:
So is this "Smart"er than the Prius? Seaside Heights, NJ (Samuel Smith/Police Car Archives Photo)

jph2 said:
Uh, no. No, it's not. I sure hope they don't use that for anything other than parking enforcement. :duh:

lafd55 said:
That is used for patrolling the boardwalk on the boardwalk. It's pretty much used as an over priced golf cart/john deere gator.

I saw this car in person in August of '11 on my way home from my cousind wedding... For its intended purpose, I think its a good idea... Although you'd have to find the smallest guy on the force to roll in it... lol

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_IMG_20110821_122414.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_IMG_20110821_122402.jpg

Only lighting to be seen is the Whelen Cadet on the dash... lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
FreshDave04 said:
You guys haven't seen bad until you see the whip I used to patrol in (for 3 1/2 years, mind you) as a Park Police officer. :jawdrop:

View attachment 49282

You can see some of the vehicle's majestic glory in this video (especially around the 0:16 mark), where I was speaking with a couple of Indiana DNR officers in regards to a found body investigation I was a part of.

Ye Ole Alero!!! Like a BOSS!!! sbparkcop = Da Man in Ye Ole Alero... lol

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
brianmcfa said:
Yeah, who would ever do something like a Twinsonic on a 90s era Crown Vic?
um...actually that's a Code 3 SD! But we get the idea! Lol Don't forget San Diego PD usedTwinsonic CTS bars well into the early 2000's.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
You guys are crazy i would KILL! to have an old school rotator set up on my crown vic for patrol.. Something like an excalubur lightbar or a star bar or an old MX i already asked my boss if i can get rid of my LED bar for rotators but he just laughed at me and said no :( sadness...

oddone

Jun 21, 2013
NH
Sarge619 said:
Just an FYI, Ford never offered a Taurus Police Package in the late 1980's. While some departments may have utilized base-level Tauruses, they were not police-spec packages. The Taurus Police Package was introduced in 1990 (end of 1st Generation) and produced until 1995 (2nd Generation). For more specifics, try here:

Ford Taurus Police Package

i had a 1993 Taurus wagon that had right on the door for tire sizes one was for the police package

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
EngCo4 said:
How would you like to be down in "da ghetto"
in THIS???? HAR! :D

Why on God's green Earth would you make the ping-pong car-of-death a patrol vehicle, even if it's a meter maid or downtown patrol??? A head-on or T-bone with a full-size sedan or truck and that officer is going to be in intensive care.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.