Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Nice!!

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Great video. Does it have a circuit board or does it use a split contact plate to control the front only lighting?

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
That is the first one I have seen set up for front-only warning. Around these parts, the select-alert was always used for rear-only warning. Typically in conjunction with amber cut-outs in the red or blue domes.

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
Great video. Does it have a circuit board or does it use a split contact plate to control the front only lighting?

It has a contact wheel with grooves cut into it attached to the bottom of the rotator assemblies, which ride on a brush. There are a couple of pictures in my earlier thread.

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/threads/another-triple-threat.74013/

That is the first one I have seen set up for front-only warning. Around these parts, the select-alert was always used for rear-only warning. Typically in conjunction with amber cut-outs in the red or blue domes.

The reason for the rear cutout is that it came off a rescue truck, probably with an ambulance box, so there was really no reason to have any rearward warning at all. I don't know that they ever had the rearward even wired in.

I will try to get another video posted with the whole thing running, stingers and all, before I put it up on the shelf and forget about it.

Reactions: Skulldigger

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
That's an amazingly different and unique bar. I wonder what the reason for this sort of Select Alert was when the bar was in service.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Very interesting. Almost looks like the bulbs are on a flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.