Whelen HSS2200

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
How many output are on this? Also can I have more than one Siren tone? From the pictures I have seen only looks like there is 6 outputs and 1 Tone button. I am thinking of getting one, so let me know. Thanks

rsqemt911

May 25, 2010
Naugatuck Ct
you can actually assign EVERY tone to 1 button as a handsfree mode. just keep hitting it (or the HR) and scroll through them all.

or so i have been told

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
It has 8 or 9 outputs and you can configure them in just about anyway you can dream. I have my lighting configured using the top three large buttons and the bottom 9 buttons are different siren options. You can only run one siren tone at a time.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
The progam is the same as the Cencom Gold. Its very easy to do. You can drag the output to any button you want. I made another manual button for the Mech tone.

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
VolEms said:
The progam is the same as the Cencom Gold. Its very easy to do. You can drag the output to any button you want. I made another manual button for the Mech tone.

Does the mech tone have the wind down? And as posted I'm guessing you can only use on siren tone at a time? as in like you cant get any other tone going while the mech tone is winding down?

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
They only allow you to choose one T3 tone. You can make sevral T3 buttons but you will still get the same tone. I wanted Wail, Yelp, Pircer and Mech. So I made another Man button and its Mech and yes it does wind down. Its kind of a pain I have to keep pushing the button. You can only have one tone on. I use the Mech and a 1510 Emergency Air horn with comp. I called Whelen they said its the only way to have both tones. I think they should allow you to have Hi Low and Mech not choose one of 3 tones for T3 button. I love my Cencom Gold the other problem is its not a duel siren. I heard a rumor Whelen is coming out with a Cencom Gray that will be duel tone.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I was able to figure out the siren tones. I was able to make the buttons have 4 sirens. It has the Wail, Yelp, Piercer and Mechanical. I think I will replace the Mecanical with the Powercall.

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
Do you guys think I could have a grover stuttertone with the switch on the remote? I mean instead of installing a new button in the cab I just tap it to one of the outlets on the siren? :? aside from the usual HF tones I'm just after the powercall and mechanical. I was thinkin gof just getting a carson mechanical tone as I think the hhs has the same mech tone as the alpha moo series lol

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
You should be able to trigger the air horn with the HHS. Just use one of the outlets and program it momentary and you should be all set.

I have the HHS and a remote Unitrol so I can run two tones at the same time. I have the HHS programmed to automatically trigger the output for the Unitrol when I turn on any of the HHS tones. It is really simple to do in the programming. So if you're question is can you put a Carson siren in and control it with the HHS, You should be able to. Depending on the model of Carson.

Falcon9 said:
Do you guys think I could have a grover stuttertone with the switch on the remote? I mean instead of installing a new button in the cab I just tap it to one of the outlets on the siren? :? aside from the usual HF tones I'm just after the powercall and mechanical. I was thinkin gof just getting a carson mechanical tone as I think the hhs has the same mech tone as the alpha moo series lol

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
ffjwhite said:
I was able to figure out the siren tones. I was able to make the buttons have 4 sirens. It has the Wail, Yelp, Piercer and Mechanical. I think I will replace the Mecanical with the Powercall.
How did you make Piercer and Mech tones. I tried to make 2 T3 buttons one pier and the other mech when I programmed it they were both piercer. I made another man button to mech.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Ok, well this is my first How to Tutorial. Let me know how it is. If you need anything else let me know

Ok, well first to make the 2 T3 Tones, you will need to configure what button you want to have a siren tone. Now if you look at the Red circle

ai108.photobucket.com_albums_n14_ffjwhite_stepone.jpg

Now what you need is to Drag the Siren Option to the button you want.

ai108.photobucket.com_albums_n14_ffjwhite_steptwo.jpg

Now what you need to do is select the Tones Tab. Now you want to remove the Manual Over ride tone. Now you only need to do this if you dont have a Manual button, like mine. Then what you want to do is add the tone you want. Now you have a big list to choose from so have fun choosing.

ai108.photobucket.com_albums_n14_ffjwhite_stepthree.jpg

And this is what mine looks like as of now. Any other questions feel free to ask. I will also be showing a video of how the unit works sometime today or tomorrow. I will also post a link. I wasnt able to find one on Youtube so I figured I would make one for everyone else to see.

ai108.photobucket.com_albums_n14_ffjwhite_untitled_5.jpg

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Yea, its shows what the tones are like, but I was more interested in looking to see how the controller works. Thats the version of the video I am going to make. Just gotta try and out do everybody huh? lol

agtkgv

May 23, 2010
MA
Can you make a horn/siren button like on the cencom. Not a HF, but a HS.. I want to be able to have the air horn when I hit horn ring, when none of the siren tones or lights are active...

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Figured it wouldn't be too much longer until someone said that. Sorry about that guys, been busy with work and we just had our annual fathers day BBQ yesterday. Will get to it for sure within the next day or so. Stay tuned.

lednut

May 21, 2010
Middletown, CT
I have the 2100. The tones are very "toy" like. I would love for whelen just to sell the amp as the rest of the components are backwards compatiable. The system is great. I just need to swap out my amplifiers. Anyone know someone that would, plus a nominal$$$$$ fee???

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
lednut said:
I have the 2100. The tones are very "toy" like. I would love for whelen just to sell the amp as the rest of the components are backwards compatiable. The system is great. I just need to swap out my amplifiers. Anyone know someone that would, plus a nominal$$$$$ fee???

I thought the 2200 had the same tones?? but I'm guessing difference is you can change them to the normal one??

lednut

May 21, 2010
Middletown, CT
I shouldn't say they are toy sounding. I guess I just notice the difference from the traditional sounds that are commonly found in the 295HFS series sirens. Guess I'm just use to them.

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
More after the manual tone on the 2100. The one that winds up slowly.

I suppose the only real appeal it has to me is that its different to what everyone has here lol

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Just ordered one from HPD84 for a costumer. I hope he'll like it. I just need to make sure I mount it in a way that he doesnt have to hold it in his hand every time he uses the siren .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.