Your favourite 'weird' vehicles, some real, some "photoshops"

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Just Another Faceless Member
Silver Supporter
A plastic toy I had as a kid looked a lot like that car.  It assembled like a puzzle, and when you slid it across the floor, and the bumper hit the wall, the car 'exploded'. 

There are some strange Chinese vehicles.

chinese.jpg

And even stranger toys:

electric.jpg

graphics.jpg

Talk about graphics!

bump_go_police.jpg

Needs more lights.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
I've always wondered how those Japanese LEOs would react to getting some CVPIs to patrol around in versus their usual daily cruisers. Make a TV special out of that idea ;)  .

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
They say drones will soon be used for firefighting.

drone.jpg

Besides a camera streaming back images, this one will have a speaker so the IC can bark orders from the comfort of an air conditioned cab.

Station 3

Forum Guru
I wonder how often they have to replace the burnt out LED lights from the Chinese patrol vehicles.... Like is it a monthly thing to replace all the lights because they don't work? Is the install guy pissed off all the time because he has to re install lights on the same vehicle multiple times a year lol

jacobm

Registered Member
I wonder how often they have to replace the burnt out LED lights from the Chinese patrol vehicles.... Like is it a monthly thing to replace all the lights because they don't work? Is the install guy pissed off all the time because he has to re install lights on the same vehicle multiple times a year lol
You assume the vehicles last longer than the lights. I'm not sure they do. 

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
The maintenance guy goes to the Chinese equivilant of eBay and buys American made lights.

SeattleSAR

Somewhere between Whacker and what.

P.S. Ich liebe das Martinshorn!

JennyCop

Site Veteran
Uhhh.... Chicago PD used only blue lights!

post-16627-0-53575500-1434043982_thumb.jpg

1972BELAIR.png

7d9_z28

Gold Supporter
Old Mexican Federal Police "policia federal" or aka highway patrol I think its a Super Bee.
You think wrong, but thats nothing new Garza...

Plymouth Duster

Phoenix_Rising

Resident Ghost
Gold Supporter
I clicked and was like "that's not so weird" and then I scrolled down . . .

Are the grill lights the only primary warning? Seriously?
IIRC, these pieces are for on plant property response only, so I would gather that means no intersections, etc.

2 companies near me have "plant only" response pieces and while most have full setups some of their smaller equipment only have small lights

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
I like the Nissan.

I also like this lorry from our Stretford plant:

JDI truck.jpg

JennyCop

Site Veteran
What do you mean "Probably? You don't know what your own company makes? It practically screams made by JDI!

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Silver Supporter
Hey, with sales in excess of ¥40B last year, how can I possibly be expected to remember everything we make?

question.jpg

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
WTH is with the euro stuff having the gigantic beacon on what look like galvanized pails/buckets?? Are they light/siren combos?

7d9_z28

Gold Supporter
WTH is with the euro stuff having the gigantic beacon on what look like galvanized pails/buckets?? Are they light/siren combos?
Its a Stem Light. 5 bulb (IIRC) rotating beacon that raises up on a pole with scene lights on the bottom

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
Learn something new everyday.  Looks like they were a bit ahead of their time.  Compare those to the Valor or Strobesnmore EFLOOD series today.  Same basic concept.  Pretty near either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilodelta97
Top Bottom