Lifetime LED Lights Headlight Replacement Bulbs

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
Steve0625 said:
I can not believe the crappy tape job on the headlight connection! That does not give me much faith in the info from off-road sites.

But, interesting comparison as it does appear, at least on that Wrangler install, that the LED's do give out a lot more light.

To their credit, they did voice concern about the moisture and dust in the fan assembly.

Lifetime posted a video of one submerged in water with the fan going.

facebook video

As for the install video he said the connector was broken on the jeep. So thats why he taped it up.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
SireLite said:
As for the install video he said the connector was broken on the jeep. So thats why he taped it up.

I got the why. I was commenting on the "how".

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
proled said:
Sorry, what I mean't was fitting LED bulbs in halogen units.... the halogen headlamps are designed for 'halogen' bulbs, so like a HID bulb in a halogen headlamp, the beam pattern is totaly different

The focal points for the led and halogen bulbs are identical. Therefore the beam patterns are almost the same. HID bulbs. Are longer and different focal points. That is why you shouldn't just throw HID in any housing

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
I decided to buy a pair of 9007's for my CVPI and figured I'd document the process for anyone else interested in purchasing them. :)

088.jpg I am a believer! http://elightbars.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.gif' alt=':haha:'> These are a HUGE improvement in my Opinion, especially for a CVPI which many of you know have terrible headlights. I am 100% satisfied with these and cannot complain about a thing. Hopefully after seeing this, some of you guys that were having issues can have some ideas on how to make them fit. Here's a Video showing how they work with a HLF and what they look like at night. Let me know if you all would like any more pics/vids or info on these.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUgu9wXjxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUgu9wXjxs

066.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

089.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Not keen on the idea of modifying my car for headlight bulbs.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I have got to get some extra money togeather so I can demo these in my car and bike. I could sell a pair a week.

chuck_raduenz

Jun 14, 2010
eden valley mn
any one put these in a 2013 chevy Silverado 2500?

I see they wont fit a 2005 chevy Silverado

and

would they fit a 2010 chevy Malibu?

I want a set but not worth the buy if they wont fit... or can I buy and return if they wont fit?

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
chuck_raduenz said:

and

I want a set but not worth the buy if they wont fit... or can I buy and return if they wont fit?

They fit a 2006 Malibu which uses h11's. I sold a pair to a guy and he loves them. :thumbsup: I have no idea if there is much difference between the 2006 and 2010.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
chuck_raduenz said:

and

There is not enough room behind the headlights to clear the heat sink. In order for them to work there must be a minimum of 1.5" behind the headlights. I tried everything to get them to work but no go.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Just an update for available models and availability as of 5/3/14

All available models are now on the store. This includes the following,

9003 / H4

9005 / H10 - Back Order as of 5/3/14

9005 Fog / H10 Fog / 9145

9006 Fog

H11 - Back Order as of 5/3/14

H11 Fog

H13

5202 - Currently on Back Order

H4M Motorcycle - Estimated 6/1/14 Availability

Lifetime

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I may have to see how much space I have behind my new headlights...  I'd love to get a set of 9005 for my Highs in my new Durango...  

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
What size are your lows?  

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I may have to see how much space I have behind my new headlights... I'd love to get a set of 9005 for my Highs in my new Durango...
Do you have double wall headlight assy? I couldn't get the ones I bought to fit under the outer access door on my 2011 Ram 2500. They are sitting in wait to possibly be used in my 2013 Jeep GC if I can find the time to install them.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Note to any 08-13 Malibu owners: there is not enough clearance behind our headlights for these bulbs. I did put the Lifetime LEDs Headlights in my vehicle, but I had to cut out behind my headlights for the bulbs to fit properly. Definitely a nail-biter doing that!

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Today I got some for the fog lights in my 09 Explorer.  The orange gasket doesn't seat all the way into the housing.  I will have to wait and see if it keeps water out?  They sure make my stock headlights look yellow.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
OK here is a slight update:

" Our new headlight bulbs are testing well and we expect to release them in the coming weeks, there will be a trade in program for those of you that would like to upgrade and have already purchased our current line of headlights. Details are still being discussed and will be available at the launch of the headlights. "

and no they don't offer reverse lights at this time.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Failed to mention this prior...

I'm very shocked and even more impressed this manufacturer is offering free upgrades to a new version of their product to previous customers with older versions of equipment. This is simply something you don't see at all in this day and age.

If it wasn't for my truck having seizures with the canbus when you look at it the wrong way I'd be running this.

Sidenote. Do they have something that'll fit into a lightforce 240 blitz that is currently running HIDs?

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
" ... there will be a trade in program for those of you that would like to upgrade and have already purchased our current line of headlights. "
Failed to mention this prior...

I'm very shocked and even more impressed this manufacturer is offering free upgrades to a new version of their product to previous customers with older versions of equipment. This is simply something you don't see at all in this day and age.
I highly doubt it is a FREE upgrade, but probably more a trade-in TOWARDS an upgrade/replacement.

Nothing is free these days.... but I do laud them for offering this!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.