2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 **NEW SETUP 05/15**

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I got lucky, the night I finished it we got a possible structure so I got to run it at night and it's BLINDING. We also just had a confirmed structure that I just got home from so I now know that it also clears traffic very well during the day.

I'm debating installing a Whelen Xecutor on it just for the hell of it, thoughts?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
FFParker said:
The words. " Hell Yeah!" and "WTF are you waiting for?"
But that's just me..

Mostly trying to figure out how to mount the speaker without having to take the front bumper off and radiator out...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Sync looks great. Large footprints, perfect patterns, all around solid set-up. the only thing I don't like is the zigzag

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Storm4200 said:
Sync looks great. Large footprints, perfect patterns, all around solid set-up. the only thing I don't like is the zigzag

The TD/WL 36 is the only thing that won't sync and any of the other patterns available just didn't "mesh" with the sync. I kinda figure I have enough rear warning as it is so I could leave the zigzag in there because it's a fun pattern.

Also, thanks! That's high praise coming from someone with build skills like yours. Your truck was a major inspiration for this rebuild.

Reactions: Storm4200

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Looks awesome man! Good placement/distribution and patterns. That Q is wicked...real or digital??

Oh and the Whelen 400s are the best grille lights for the money hands down!!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Sparky_911 said:
Looks awesome man! Good placement/distribution and patterns. That Q is wicked...real or digital??
Oh and the Whelen 400s are the best grille lights for the money hands down!!

It's actually a FS Model 28 and the grille lights are 600s, not 400s.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Nice job!! In the middle of my install, need to do a LOT better job to even be close to that neat!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Zapp Brannigan said:
Nice job!! In the middle of my install, need to do a LOT better job to even be close to that neat!

time and patience is all it takes...

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Man do I love some steady burn.
I catch a lot of hell from the guys on my FD for the steady-burn. It's kinda funny that the one guy who rode with me to a call is now also running steady-burn.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I get that all the time. "Is your dash light broken?"

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Sorry, I'd probably sell my wife before I sold any of my cats! :D

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
So, you're a "Crazy Cat-Guy"...  lol  :razz:
Yeah, I guess. Although I prefer to look at is as "I'm just a guy who likes being surrounded by pussys." (They got away with that joke on cable, so I'm hoping it's ok here!)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
just watched this video again. i LOVE LOVE the sync!!  Looks Great!!!!

is it possible to sync the ULF44s together?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
They're not currently sync'd because I had the front/sides/rear on different patterns when responding. When in "scene mode" they were all set to single flash 75 FPM. I'm seriously considering just going through and syncing everything, that would also let me run all three pattern select wires to just one output. That would free up 2 buttons for me!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Managed to snag a partial response video with the new setup. Naturally, as soon as I make it through the main intersection, the second truck checks en route so I have to downgrade my response which leaves me (safer but) looking like a dick. Anyway, the video is mainly for the sirens since I got a great angle of my windshield wiper. Enjoy!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
:hail:

The mechanical siren is so freaking badass, also the dual tone wail/yelp sounds good too. I'd love to see some more response videos. 
Oddly enough, I can provide. About 30 minutes after I got home from that MVC, we were dispatched to a structure so... here ya go!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
The mechanical is great.  I never been a fan of wail/yelp dual tones.  To me it sounds like to pieces of equipment coming. 
For a while, I was of the same mindset but since I started running dual tone sirens (both with and without the mechanical) I've noticed that clearing traffic is easier.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I agree with that. Dual sirens get more attention cause now they are looking for a few pieces of apparatus. Plus more noise and different rise and falls at different times seem do work better against all of these sound proof cars.

Edit. I typed houses while having a conversation about houses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: foxtrot5

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Finally got a halfway decent camera stand, so here's an actual response video that shows more than my windshield wiper.

Reactions: acala91

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
For a while, I was of the same mindset but since I started running dual tone sirens (both with and without the mechanical) I've noticed that clearing traffic is easier.
ive always said the dual tone is effective. Once I ran it, I would never go back to single tone

Reactions: foxtrot5

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.